Christine? Kristen?

My sister’s expecting a baby girl and she wants to name her [name]Christine[/name] or [name]Kristen[/name] after our mom [name]Christina[/name].
Which spelling do you prefer? :slight_smile:

Definitely [name]Kristen[/name]. [name]Christine[/name] is just too dated for my tastes! [name]Do[/name] you pronounce these names the same? Because I would pronounce them slightly differently ([name]Christ[/name]-een and [name]Krist[/name]-n) and I prefer the pronunciation of [name]Kristen[/name] as well.

I don’t love either name, but I guess I prefer [name]Christine[/name] because I know a lot of Kristens and [name]Christine[/name] seems more classy. Theres also the suggestion of [name]Christabel[/name] which I really love. There are a lot of options of spelling too: [name]Christabelle[/name], [name]Christobel[/name], Christobelle, [name]Kristabel[/name], Kristabelle, Kristobel, etc.

Definitely [name]Christine[/name] – a beautiful, classy name…My dd name is [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Christine[/name] and I think it is lovely:-)

[name]Christine[/name] is nicer I think

[name]Kristen[/name]! Sounds spunkier, less dated. Lots of variations of the spelling you could consider too - [name]Christen[/name], [name]Kristin[/name], [name]Kristyn[/name], [name]Kristan[/name], [name]Cristen[/name], etc.

[name]Christine[/name]! I like how feminine it is, simple, yet not old. [name]Kristen[/name] reminds me of [name]Kristen[/name] [name]Stewart[/name].

I know a bunch of girls with both names. But if I had to choose one, I would choose [name]Christine[/name]. Something about the K of [name]Kristen[/name] makes it seem dated.

Definitely Christine! I think it’s lovely and sophisticated, whereas Kristen just feels dated to me. I also like Christine for her Phantom of the Opera connection.

I prefer the previoius suggestion of [name]Christobel[/name]. There is also [name]Christianne[/name]/[name]Christianna[/name], which is lovely. Then there is [name]Kirsten[/name], which is Scottish/Norwegian for [name]Christine[/name]. Given the [name]Christine[/name]/[name]Kristen[/name] choice, I would choose [name]Christine[/name] over [name]Kristen[/name], although I prefer [name]Christina[/name]. Also, [name]Christian[/name] was used in medieval times for girls.

[name]Kristen[/name]! I only know 1 in my age range (20) and i know at least 5 [name]Christine[/name]'s who ALL go by [name]Chrissy[/name], way too many people with that name

I think [name]Christine[/name] is a “new classic” so I would choose this name over [name]Kristen[/name]. There is also a sophisticated French name [name]Christiane[/name] or even [name]Christiana[/name] to consider to honor a [name]Christina[/name].

[name]Christine[/name]. I find it to be more classic (Phantom of the [name]Opera[/name]) while [name]Kristen[/name] sounds very dated to me. I knew a lot of Kristens growing up and they’d now all be between 28-32 years old.

[name]Christine[/name] was most popular between 1965 to 1979 and [name]Kristen[/name] was most popular between 1973 to 1990. Currently (2010) [name]Kristen[/name] is ranked 574 and [name]Christine[/name] is 673. I think both names are beautiful and feel classic, yet they might not be as timeless as [name]Elizabeth[/name] (i’m not sure why). i am tired of [name]Chrissy[/name] (i have too many relatives and in-laws with this nickname). I always thought [name]Kristie[/name] was a cool name growing up and didn’t understand why someone would pick [name]Chrissy[/name]/[name]Krissy[/name] over it.

[name]Christine[/name] is pretty. That’s my best friend’s sister’s name, and she’s a very bright, funny, musical girl. I don’t care for [name]Kristen[/name]. It sounds tired and dated.

[name]Christianne[/name] is lovely too. Reminds me of that intelligent journalist [name]Christiane[/name] Amanpour. [name]Christiana[/name] is quite pretty too. I haven’t heard [name]Christabel[/name] before! I like that.

I prefer [name]Christine[/name], in both spelling and pronounciation. It is more classic and timeless than [name]Kristen[/name], which has a very eighties feel

Here are a few other suggestions: [name]Kirsten[/name] or [name]Christy[/name]