Church Cookbook Names

I have always loved church cookbooks, but I only recently realized what a rich source of unusual names they are. These names are all from my grandmother’s church cookbook, [name]Trinity[/name]'s Divinites. I am only listing the more unusual names, there are plenty of Dorothys and [name]Ruth[/name] Anns and so forth. It is a Methodist church in a small town in rural [name]Florida[/name] and the congregation is very old and very white.

[name]Verlene[/name]
Statia
Clel
[name]Rozella[/name]
[name]Rada[/name]
[name]Iva[/name]
Maydell
Luene
[name]Delie[/name]
Claranell
Hellon
[name]Eda[/name]
Donnabelle
[name]Zona[/name]
Relma
[name]Sonnie[/name]
[name]Tonda[/name]
[name]Norine[/name]
[name]Elwanda[/name]
[name]Liana[/name]
[name]Vida[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Eula[/name]
Suetta

Does anybody else have any old church cookbooks lying around?

I’m loving all of them! (In a nostalgic, LOL sort of way.) Seems like they were the Kre8ive, yooneek names of their day!

I love [name]Vida[/name], and Vaida too

I adore Statia.

Other top picks: [name]Rozella[/name], Maydell, [name]Zona[/name], [name]Vida[/name] [name]Mae[/name]

Now I want to run out to rummage sales and look for used church cookbooks :slight_smile:

My book was first printed in the 1960s

Gwendene
Starlynn
Donella
[name]Vesta[/name]
[name]Joetta[/name]
[name]Roma[/name]
[name]Leola[/name]
[name]Neoma[/name]
Georgorene

Another book printed in 1980, so not that old:

Latayne
Sundy
Fola
[name]Goldie[/name]
[name]Verbena[/name]

So neat! I have 2 church cookbooks:

The first is from the 70s. Church is located in [name]Ca[/name] and the congregation was mostly white and Filipino.

The other I’m not sure where it was acquired but it says the church was in TX not sure of the year looks to be the 80s

Jeansten
Louwellyn
[name]Sharona[/name]
Isadonna
[name]Cherry[/name]
[name]Ambrosia[/name] (cute because the recipe is called [name]Ambrosia[/name]'s [name]Ambrosia[/name])
[name]Naleen[/name]
[name]Ellard[/name]
Sheldona
[name]Nettie[/name] [name]Belle[/name]

I have one from the '80s with a Merledene, [name]Velva[/name], [name]Earline[/name], [name]Garnet[/name] and [name]Arletta[/name]. And lots and lots of Bettys.