City Names

One of my grandmother’s friends is named Beaufort, and I think that’s such a beautiful name (named after Beaufort, South [name_f]Carolina[/name_f]). Also, the name would be pronounced Bue-fort, not [name_u]Bo[/name_u]-fort. What do you all think of that name? Does anyone have any other name ideas that are also names of cities?

I like it :slight_smile: Might be a bit bold for a first name so I think I’d consider it more for a middle spot, but then again, maybe that’s just because I’m hearing it for the first time. Either way, it definitely makes for a useable and beautiful choice for those who like place names.

Some of my favourites:

[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]
[name_u]Paris[/name_u]
[name_f]Lourdes[/name_f]

There are a ton of others:

[name_u]London[/name_u]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]
Chicago
[name_m]Kingston[/name_m]
[name_u]Dallas[/name_u]
[name_u]Windsor[/name_u]
[name_m]York[/name_m]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_f]Sofia[/name_f]
[name_u]Bristol[/name_u]
[name_f]Brittany[/name_f]

…there are many, many more!

I love place names so much. I like the look of Beaufort, but I would pronounce it like ‘[name_m]Bow[/name_m]-fort’.

[name_m]Richmond[/name_m]
[name_u]Auburn[/name_u]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_f]Selma[/name_f]
[name_m]Fairbanks[/name_m]
[name_u]Cairo[/name_u]
Windermere
[name_m]Dover[/name_m]
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f]
[name_f]Vienna[/name_f]
[name_m]Roswell[/name_m]
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Amalie[/name_f]
[name_u]Havana[/name_u]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
Niamey
[name_f]Valencia[/name_f]

Beaufort is interesting!

[name_u]Bristol[/name_u]
[name_u]Brighton[/name_u]

[name_m]Chester[/name_m]
[name_u]Carlisle[/name_u]
[name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]

Yeah, I’m not sure I would name my child that since it is a little bold (like someone stated), but I just thought it was really cute! It would have to be pronounced “bue-ford” though because that’s how you pronounce the city name.

Not crazy about the Bue-fort pr. as for some reason it conjures a more negative southern stereotype for me when thinking of a man with that name?! But I love the meaning. I’d probably stick with the name [name_u]Beau[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

One of my favorite place names I’ve heard used was on a little girl named [name_u]Memphis[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

Also intrigued by…

[name_m]Aragon[/name_m]
[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m]
[name_m]Indio[/name_m]
[name_m]Laramie[/name_m]
[name_m]Oslo[/name_m]
[name_f]Elba[/name_f]
[name_u]Rio[/name_u]
[name_f]Valencia[/name_f]

It reminds me of the bully character from [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] and Ferb, idk how his name was spelled but it sounded like that.