Claire and Zoe

I’ve been thinking about [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] a lot lately, as they’re both names S/O adores and they’re ones I quite like the sound of. I’ve vetoed them in the past because I work with children and have come across both names quite a lot in the last 2 years, but now that I’m solidly in one care setting, I don’t hear either as much as I used to.

I don’t normally care about using different names for siblings, but I kind of wonder if they both stick out like a sore thumb with the rest of my girls list?

The other names on our list: [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f], Laura/Lauren, [name_f]Melanie[/name_f], [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Amanda[/name_f], [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f], [name_f]Jessica[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Heather[/name_f], [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f], [name_u]Kelly[/name_u], [name_f]Amber[/name_f], [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], [name_u]Courtney[/name_u], [name_u]Holly[/name_u], [name_f]Samantha[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f], [name_f]Marissa[/name_f], [name_f]Kristen[/name_f], [name_u]Lindsey[/name_u], [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (Boys names if it matters are [name_m]Jake[/name_m], [name_u]Bobby[/name_u], [name_m]Tom[/name_m], [name_m]Preston[/name_m], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_m]Mark[/name_m], Ethan)

What are your personal thoughts on [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_u]Zoe[/name_u]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] they work well enough with the other choices we have?

Thanks.

I think they work!

Maybe they’re not the perfect match, but still pretty solid. Claire is classic, along the lines of Jane, but since it’s timeless I could see her as a sister to someone with a more 90s name. Zoe is more 2000s, but I bet there are a lot of Zoes out there with older sisters with the names on your list! So no one would find it surprising.

I also think Claire and Zoe are a wonderful sibset on their own, so there’s that!

1 Like

I actually think they both work wonderfully with the rest of your list! They both share similar vibes to the rest of names on your list, imo, and fit in just perfectly :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and, for what it’s worth, I love the idea of [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] as sisters themselves :cupid:

1 Like

I think [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] work ! They feel very familiar and like they belong with your girls names !

1 Like

I feel they work :slight_smile: maybe they have a slightly more UK vibe than your other choices but they don’t

1 Like

I adore Elizabeth, Katherine, and Jane from your list! Those are more my personal taste. I think those go together really nicely, and Claire fits in with them, but not Zoe. Claire and Zoe go well with Ethan, Luke, Leah, and Lauren, I think.

1 Like

I think of [name_f]Claire[/name_f] as a classic name so to me it would fit well with a lot of your names (especially [name_f]Lauren[/name_f], [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], & Jane).
[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] does stick out a little but I could still see [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] as a sister for [name_u]Holly[/name_u] & [name_f]Kristen[/name_f].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] work nicely together. They feel like similar styles and I could definitely see them being a sibling set. I do prefer [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] spelled with a Y though like [name_f]Zoey[/name_f]. I think it looks more complete.

Thanks everyone!