Claire Beatrice or Clara Beatrice?

See the results of this poll: Claire Beatrice or Clara Beatrice?

Respondents: 18 (This poll is closed)

• Claire Beatrice: 4 (22%)
  • Clara Beatrice: 14 (78%)

[name]Love[/name] the sound and flow of [name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name], and love [name]Clara[/name]'s connection to [name]Clara[/name] [name]Barton[/name], who I think is awesome - or, was. Anyway, it just sounds better to me! [name]Do[/name] I think [name]Claire[/name] has more staying power than [name]Clara[/name]? Well, I think the name seems a little more user-friendly because it’s very much an easy, yet still relatively underused, classic name. It’s like the less popular [name]Sarah[/name] in that way - works on everybody, and always sounds sweet. But, [name]Clara[/name] makes more of an impact, I think, and I believe it will be appreciated among the other vintage names that are making comebacks, including [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], and even [name]Audrey[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I, too, prefer [name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]. I don’t find [name]Claire[/name] underused at all. I know more Claires, young and old, than practically any other classic name, with the possible exception of [name]Caroline[/name].

I’m going to be different and say I prefer [name]Claire[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]. [name]Beatrice[/name] is lovely, and I really like it as a middle name, but to me [name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] screams “hipster.” I don’t really like when a name screams one style. There’s something off to me when I say [name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] aloud, as opposed to [name]Claire[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name], which sounds very clean and lovely to me. And I think [name]Claire[/name] does have more staying power. Neither will feel dated because they’re both classics, but [name]Claire[/name] is the more widely used of the two over time, and [name]Clara[/name] is having a resurgence, which may continue, like [name]Charlotte[/name]'s or [name]Amelia[/name]'s. This would make it a “trendy classic” in my opinion- a classic name that has waves of style rather than stays consistently popular.

Thanks everybody. Another possibility is [name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]… I am learning that there is no agreement on name opinions!

I adore all three names, but I think that [name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] has a better rhythmic flow to it than [name]Claire[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]. Still, I like [name]Beatrix[/name] even more, and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] is very pretty. With such a soft name like [name]Clara[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name] adds a little edge while still being feminine.

Thanks. The x of [name]Beatrix[/name] breaks the flow before our last name, it sounds a little prickly, that is my only concern with [name]Beatrix[/name]. But I do like [name]Beatrix[/name] and would love to be able to feel comfortable about choosing it.
Am leaning towards [name]Clara[/name] these days as a fn.