Claire/Clara, Alice, and...?

[name_m]Just[/name_m] curious (not expecting) but what would you name a sister of [name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f]? I’ve been trying to come up with something but can’t find anything I like as a third girl!

Names I like and reasons they wouldn’t work:
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] - grandmothers name and in my culture we don’t repeat names, everyone has their own
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] - it’s kind of lost its shine for me :frowning:
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] - really like but I feel like it’s heading in that direction too :frowning: plus I feel like there’s an ton of adopted asian girls I know that are all named [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. Still a possibility though??
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] - doesn’t match
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f] - too close to [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] - like [name_f]Emma[/name_f]

I think my style tends to be more classic. I would really like my daughters names to be short, simple and sweet. And mature. I’m not a frilly kind of person and don’t think my daughters would be either (lol) oh and I don’t want to repeat initials.

One more thing that might be pushing it. So I would really like a name that matches the feeling of [name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] but something that I really like is that [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] have literary ties (nutcracker and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in wonderland) and think that would be cool to carry on. Or if I used [name_f]Claire[/name_f] she would have her own song ([name_u]Clair[/name_u] de lune). So I think it would be pretty cool if the third girl had something (flower, princess, star, story, song, etc.)

Please help :frowning: this has been bugging me for a while! Thank you so much in advance!

Here are some ideas:
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Odile[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Portia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Undine[/name_f]/[name_f]Ondine[/name_f]
[name_u]Dagny[/name_u]
[name_f]Hester[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Briar[/name_f]

Webpages that could help:
http://www.behindthename.com/names/usage/literature
https://nameberry.com/blog/your-favorite-literary-name-for-girls?comments=true

[name_f]My[/name_f] immediate thought was [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]/a (~Great Expectations)
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] (flower)
[name_f]Helen[/name_f] (of [name_m]Troy[/name_m])
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f] (The [name_f]Tempest[/name_f])
[name_f]Odette[/name_f] (Swan [name_u]Lake[/name_u])
[name_f]Elise[/name_f] (Für [name_f]Elise[/name_f]) - maybe too close to [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] (flower)
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f] (Taming of the Shrew)
[name_f]Cosette[/name_f] ([name_u]Les[/name_u] Miserables)
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] (the ballet)
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] (flower)
[name_f]Elnora[/name_f] (Girl of the Limberlost)
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] (Ingalls [name_m]Wilder[/name_m])
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f]/[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] (bear/constellation)
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] (Much [name_f]Ado[/name_f] About Nothing)

I chose varying lengths based on preference for 1-2-3 syllables if you choose [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or 2-2-2 syllables if you choose [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] was the first name that came to mind with your girls.

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]/[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]/[name_f]Beata[/name_f]/[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]/[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

Links to literature names :

Dickensian Names

Beatrix Potter Names

Names From Bronte

Names From Harry Potter

Names From Jane Austen

Names From The Works Of Enid Blyton

Shakespearean Names

Some names from the links that I think will go great with your girls:
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Mercy[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]

With [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f]:

[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] oldest daughter is [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and my other two girls are [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. :slight_smile: It seems we have similar taste in names. Other names I like are [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], [name_f]Madeline[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Mabry[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Miranda[/name_f], [name_f]Lara[/name_f]…

I first thought of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] too!

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Jill[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Lacey[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Lana[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_u]Lisa[/name_u]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

With [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] I would choose:
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Susan[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]

[name_f]Mara[/name_f], [name_f]Laura[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]