Claire!

I’m not expecting but we’re working on it…

Exciting news–my husband says he’s “ok with” [name_f]Claire[/name_f] if we have a second daughter. This is after having had me cross it off the list long ago. He also likes [name_f]Kate[/name_f] (and so do I) but I feel like that’s getting pretty popular and it’s great to have another option.

Sadly, he doesn’t like [name_f]Clara[/name_f], even though that’s a family name from his side. Still, I am excited for the possibility of a [name_f]Claire[/name_f].

One combination I like is [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]. He has a negative association with [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], though.

Any ideas for the perfect middle? I’m almost inclined to go with a GP but I want it to be just the right amount of frilly and elaborate; I wouldn’t want [name_f]Elise[/name_f] to get super-jealous of a sister’s middle name, unlikely as that may seem. She’s starting to become a mini-name nerd like her mom…

Thanks!
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Oona[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Collette[/name_f]

My sister is [name_f]Claire[/name_f]… It is a GREAT name that has suited her through many stages of life!

Hmm, I like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Collette[/name_f]… We’ll see what he says, if and when the time comes.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Claire[/name_f]!

I think some of the names on your girls’ list would go well with [name_f]Claire[/name_f] as a middle, such as [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] or [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Serena[/name_f]. Both of those are kind of frilly but not too much. Other ideas:

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]

Thanks, [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]!

Me too, I do love [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. And those combos that you suggested are great. It’s funny you suggested [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]; it’s actually what [name_m]Joe[/name_m] suggested and I would use it in a heartbeat if we didn’t have a [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m].

I think my favorite so far is [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], with [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] as close runners-up.

My oldest daughter is [name_u]Clare[/name_u]. It’s a great name! What I found funny about your post is that my 2nd daughter is [name_f]Katharine[/name_f] and we intended to call her [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. (I also have a [name_u]James[/name_u] like you)

We considered [name_f]Frances[/name_f] as a middle name for our [name_u]Clare[/name_u] and I had some namer remorse that we didn’t use it.

I prefer [name_u]Clare[/name_u], the original English spelling. It’s one of my favourite names. [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is nice BTW. [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] / [name_u]Clare[/name_u] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] is beautiful!

Oh, duh! I read your name lists but totally missed that your son’s middle name is [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]. [name_m]Brain[/name_m] not firing today. I’m glad you like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]. It’s a lovely combo.

I had to click on this thread, as its title is calling my name :slight_smile: And, strangely enough, my middle name is [name_f]Elise[/name_f].

I think that the name [name_f]Claire[/name_f] compliments your other children’s names perfectly.

Using names from your signature, I like…
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]

I also like…
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]

Best of luck!

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]

It seems to work well with I names but I can’t think of any more right now

I also really like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Serena[/name_f]