Clara Jo or Clara Dolly?

Having my first baby any day now. We don’t know the sex, but if it’s a boy the baby will be [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]. We are deciding between [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] for our girls names (Jo is my grandmother and [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] is my husband’s). He actually wants [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] because he likes the sound better. But I keep going back and forth. What do you think?

2 Likes

I personally prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f]! I think [name_f]Jo[/name_f] is a super spunky, kicky, cool middle and really compliments the softness of [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. It feels like a classic, timeless, and also really sweet and bouncy name.
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] is a bit too Nutcracker Ballet for me, as that’s my first association with the name [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and the fact that the Ballet is about a doll drives the connection even deeper. In theory I think [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] is really adorable, but this combo feels a touch too descriptive and in general I prefer [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] as a nickname.

I love that they are both honours though, so I think you can’t go wrong with either.

3 Likes

I like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f], but [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] is just too damn precious

1 Like

I love both, I understand why it’s so hard to decide! [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] is sooooo lovely and has a hint of old-fashioned-ness that really rounds it out, while [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] is sweet and spunky at the same time.
I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] has my vote!

1 Like

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] are both beautiful! [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] feels a bit more sassy, playful but solid and could easily work as a double name. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] is sweet, unexpected and musical. I think I slightly prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], but you can’t go wrong.

1 Like

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] sounds spunky and retro. Its also one of those names you could easily call her on a daily basis. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] is equally as retro but a little more sweet. And probably more likely to be called just [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

1 Like

I may be biased being [name_f]Kelsey[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f], but I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] :smiling_face:

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] is a gorgeous name, congratulations for your choice! [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] is amazing as well.

I would go with [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f]. [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] is adorable, but I agree with your husband, I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] has a nicer flow.

What about [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]?

1 Like

Congratulations on your first baby! [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is a classic name choice and she sounds so beautiful with [name_f]Jo[/name_f] and [name_f]Dolly[/name_f]!
I think I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f].
That being said, who would you like your daughter to most emulate? The answer to that question is probably what you should go with :heart:

1 Like

Congrats on your first baby! :blush: love [name_f]Clara[/name_f] as a first name, it was on my list for my daughter, too!

I might be biased because [name_f]Jo[/name_f] is a family honor name, grandma is [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f], mom is [name_f]Emilie[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f], sister is [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Joelle[/name_f]. But honestly, flow wise, I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] is better and much cuter. [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], but I agree with a user above saying it feels too Nutcracker like.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] I think she’s sweet and has a pretty sound.

Huge congratulations :tada:

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] gives me very happy, bright, and joyful vibes, whereas [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] feels more calm, serene, and peaceful. I slightly prefer the way [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] sounds. I also think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] would be lovely if you wanted to honour both sides of the family in one go.

I like the way [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] sounds better. It would be easier to call her as sort of a “nickname.” Like “c’mon [name_f]Clara[/name_f] Jo!” because it rolls off the tongue so nicely.

I LOVE [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f]. I think it flows better than [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f]. But both are cute picks and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] is cute too! Good luck :slight_smile:

Exactly what I was going to suggest!

I prefer the sound of [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] but [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] would be a cute nickname/second middle!

1 Like

Best of luck!

[name_f]My[/name_f] 1 y.o. granddaughter is [name_f]Clara[/name_f] named after me, [name_f]Ginger[/name_f] [name_f]Clare[/name_f].

It’s such a beautiful name we have found. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] at any age, I think.
This was a hard choice. I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] sounds slightly better and also thought of the [name_f]Clara[/name_f] / Nutcracker / doll association.

1 Like

Both are lovely! I think I slightly prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f]. :slightly_smiling_face:

I would go with [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f]. I would save [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] ( my grandma’s name too) in case you need a sibling name. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] are so sweet. But you can’t go wrong which ever you decide.

I like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jo[/name_f] based on flow- it easily rolls off the tongue. I feel like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] isn’t the easiest to say with all the L sounds and kind of feels like a mouthful - but I overlook a lot for honor names…. And they’re both nice names. Good luck !