We are expecting a little girl in [name_u]December[/name_u] (whoooo quarantine baby!) and our daughter [name_f]Clara[/name_f] will be 2.5. We want a similar in style name (Vintage, short, punchy) and we can’t agree on anything.
An extra level of complication is that my in-laws only speak Portuguese so the name has to work for both languages (ex: I love my grandmothers name “[name_f]Mae[/name_f]” but that literally translates to “Mom” so it’s a no go. I love the name “[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]” but the pronunciation sounds like “Hooby” so no way). Also, as is customary in many [name_u]South[/name_u] American countries, my kids will have two last names and no middle. So this first name is really all they get. Here are my favorites so far (Portuguese equivalent or pronunciation in parenthesis.) We will be using [name_f]English[/name_f] version at home, Portuguese version with family. Please feel free to add your own suggestions!! Everything helps!
- Clara and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] ([name_m]Ah[/name_m]-[name_u]Lee[/name_u]-See)
- Clara and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] ([name_f]Emilia[/name_f])
- Clara and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] ([name_u]Julie[/name_u]-etche)
- Clara and [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] (no difference)
- Clara and [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] (no difference)
- Clara and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] (E-[name_f]Stella[/name_f])