Clara: vintage, delicate, international... dull?

I really like [name_f]Clara[/name_f], but the same time that I love this name for being vintage, delicate and international, there are moments where I feel like maybe she’s dull or boring. Does anyone else feel this way?

I think it is a very pretty name
It is in the top 100, so its not rare, and personally I wouldnt consider using it, but it isnt too common at all
Have you considered [name_f]Lara[/name_f] and [name_f]Clarisse[/name_f]/[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]/[name_f]Larissa[/name_f]?

I don’t find [name_f]Clara[/name_f] too boring at all. I’ve actually never known one and would love to meet a sweet little [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. I love it for its vintage charm and delicate cell, but also because it had almost a musical undertone, a story of ring to it, that’s lovely. Maybe that’s because it reminds me of The Nutcracker and all of its beautiful music.

I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] has the perfect mix of elegance and vintage romance. It’s a great comeback name, and it’s still familiar, which I like.

A friend of mine is welcoming a little [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Fay[/name_f] in [name_u]August[/name_u] - so sweet!

I do get that feeling with [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. I really do love it (for being vintage, delicate and also giving me that storybook vibe that I love), but it’s just kind of overused and a little boring in my opinion. It really is a lovely name though. :slight_smile:

No, I don’t ([name_f]Claire[/name_f] on the other hand is extremely dated and dull to me. Should also say [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is said clarrr-ra not claire-ah to me).

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] has always been magical to me! It was the kinda name I wanted to have as a kid. I have pretty high standards for what’s dull and what’s not but [name_f]Clara[/name_f] isn’t one.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] is very pretty. I don’t find it dull.

It’s one of my all time favorites. I’m Norwegian, and the more common spelling here is [name_f]Klara[/name_f]. My great grandmother was [name_f]Klara[/name_f], and I know a five-year old [name_f]Klara[/name_f]. I prefer the spelling [name_f]Clara[/name_f] as it’s more international and I like the way it looks. It doesn’t feel dull at all to me, but rather a fresh alternative to the ever so dated [name_f]Claire[/name_f].

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] is very sweet and pretty…not dull!

But, I’m really loving your [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] combination!

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] (Clar-rah pronunciation) is lovely, it doesn’t feel dull to me at all. It feels vibrant and dainty and elegant to me, it’s just a lovely, classic name.

I know what you mean. It is sweet tho! And better than [name_f]Claire[/name_f] in my opinion. I dont hear it on kids these days, and I’ve thought about using it. If it feels right, go for it!

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] is my daughter’s name, so I obviously don’t find it boring. She is just like her name, dainty, beautiful, and sweeter than sugar. We say [name_u]Clair[/name_u] uh

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] has been my favorite name since I was a child…so I definitely don’t see it as dull! I’m just thankful my husband loves it as well! I’d be devastated if we didn’t have a little [name_f]Clara[/name_f] in our future!

I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f]! I don’t find it boring at all. I find it almost Romantic and innocent (probably because of the nutcracker ballet). It’s a beautiful and timeless name, I have never come across a [name_f]Clara[/name_f], so I can’t say that i find it popular or over used.

Hmm. I don’t find [name_f]Clara[/name_f] boring at all, but I will say I prefer [name_f]Claire[/name_f] to it. I love the lightness and sweetness of [name_f]Claire[/name_f]; [name_f]Clara[/name_f], to me, feels over-the-top and almost TOO much? I’m sure I’m the ONLY one that feels that way–I find (I know, sacrilege!) even [name_f]Claira[/name_f] to be better than [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. I find that “ara” syllable to be very heavy. In some names (like [name_f]Cara[/name_f], [name_f]Zara[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], and [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]) it works perfectly, but [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is just too much. I don’t know. Oh, well. I think it’s a nice name, though, and sponsor a little girl named M@ria Cl@ara whom I love very much, but I’d use [name_f]Claire[/name_f] any day over [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

I feel guilty saying this but keys I think it’s a little plain…sorry! :frowning:

Find something like it with spark! Like [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], or [name_u]Carey[/name_u], or [name_u]Clancy[/name_u]!

Definitely vintage, delicate and international. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is never boring to me. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] is so classic and lovely, I’ve never found it boring at all.

As someone who has never met a [name_f]Clara[/name_f], I really like it. I love the ballet association too.