Clara vs. Kayla - or Flora?

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - one of my favourites. I love its variation, [name_u]Clare[/name_u], too.
[name_f]Kayla[/name_f] - too trendy for my taste. For honouring a [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], I prefer [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f], [name_f]Katie[/name_f], [name_f]Karen[/name_f], [name_f]Katia[/name_f], [name_f]Karin[/name_f]/a… [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]'s variations.
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] - I’m not a fan of the -ora ending.
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] - a lovely name.
[name_f]Viola[/name_f] - it’s interesting.
[name_f]Greta[/name_f] - a classic beauty.

My favourites are [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Greta[/name_f] and [name_f]Viola[/name_f]. I don’t like [name_f]Kayla[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f].

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]! Second choice would be [name_f]Tessa[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f]! That is a great name

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]. It’s so classic and timeless. I can picture someone of any age with the name [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. My name is [name_f]Kayla[/name_f], and while it fits a child, I don’t feel like my name will grow with me. I would have much rather my parents have named me [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] - 6
[name_f]Greta[/name_f] - 6
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] - 7
[name_f]Viola[/name_f] - 5
[name_f]Kayla[/name_f] - 3
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - 8

WOW! [name_f]Clara[/name_f] just shot up in popularity! Thanks to everyone who’s commented!

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] - [name_f]Kinda[/name_f] boring imo. Sorry
[name_f]Greta[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Greta[/name_f], but like some of the complete [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] variations better, with [name_f]Greta[/name_f] as nn. Like [name_f]Margaretta[/name_f].
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] - OK. Let’s straighten a few things out here. [name_f]Flora[/name_f] means flowers or growth. ‘flora’ is a word used to describe normal micro-organisms within the body. That’s everywhere. Stomach, intestines, mouth, hands, bum and genitals. However, as you have correctly noted, these organisms are NORMAL, and are in fact, in many cases, useful if not necessary for proper human function (i.e. in the intestines where you couldn’t digest your food properly without the presence of these bugs). There is nothing unclean, dirty, or gross about these flora, and as a medical student I can tell you that I doubt a daughter named [name_f]Flora[/name_f] would be grossed out or upset to have her name if she went into the medical field, contrary to what one berry suggested earlier.
Hate to rant at you, but it has been frustrating me through the whole thread! Haha. I personally [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Flora[/name_f], and would have it high on my list if SO hadn’t vetoed it.
[name_f]Viola[/name_f] - I like the idea of [name_f]Viola[/name_f], but it just sounds a little bit wrong to me. I’m not sure why. I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f], but it’s so popular now.
[name_f]Kayla[/name_f] - I agree with a previous poster; [name_f]Kayla[/name_f] is tacky. Sorry. So many kids when I was growing up (90s) were named [name_f]Kayla[/name_f], [name_f]Micaela[/name_f], [name_u]Taylor[/name_u], [name_f]Tayla[/name_f] etc so I just don’t find it pleasing at all.
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is beautiful. I think of the companion from [name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who. She’s classy, witty, strong and beautiful. I’m an Australian, so I say Clah-ra (ah like in car), but I think it would work with American pronunciation too. :slight_smile:

In short, favourites as [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f]

I am in love with [name_f]Greta[/name_f]! That would be my first choice. Followed by [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Viola[/name_f] and then [name_f]Kayla[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is beautiful and I don’t associate it with the body, it just makes me think of flowers.