Clara??

I have asked this before, but wanted to go over it just one more time. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Clara[/name]!!! But, we have a [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]. Is [name]Clara[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Clara[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] to close with a [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]???

[name]Hi[/name] - do you call her [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] or [name]Sophie[/name] most of the time?

If it was her middle name, [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Claire[/name], it wouldn’t bug me

Since it’s part of her first name, it’s too similar imo.

I agree with [name]Kerrie[/name]. If it was [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Claire[/name] instead of [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name], it wouldnt be a problem.

Most of the time we call her [name]Sophie[/name], and in school she will be called [name]Sophie[/name].

Never mind, hubby just emailed me and said no, he said he would still consider the following:
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]-[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]JAne[/name]

ughh… back to square one! I have to make peace with one of those names!! Now re evaluating, I do hear that [name]Charlotte[/name] sounds good With [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name]…

[name]Danielle[/name] so sorry to hear that it is a struggle for you to feel at peace naming this little one. All of the combos are of course beautiful but that is not the point if they don’t hit the spot.

Unless you can find something else that you both like then I think you will be taking a list to the hospital.

However here is a small list of double barrelled names that may suit you.

[name]Marie[/name]-[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]-[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]-[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Anne[/name]-[name]Louise[/name]

Thank you so much [name]Rollo[/name]! =0) Beautiful list!! We have a [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name] (I love [name]Mary[/name], and If I could I would use that name over and over, lol!) [name]Lydia[/name], hubby vetoes… [name]Eva[/name] I really like and hubby is not sure on. Hubby really has long since liked [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name], which is nice… I just find it predictable, and I really want to have the [name]Jane[/name]!!
In your opinion just by looking at our other girls (in my siggy) which name goes best?
[name]Olivia[/name]-[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
Thanks for your continued help! Luckily sweet baby isn’t due until [name]May[/name], pretty sure we should have something settled by then!! =0)

To go with your other girls:

1. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
  2. [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
  3. [name]Olivia[/name]-[name]Jane[/name]
  4. [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

That is hard! While I was pondering all the possibilities the name [name]Anneliese[/name] popped into my head. I particularly like it with [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Claire[/name].

As you know I am fond of [name]Olivia[/name]-[name]Jane[/name]. Have you thought about putting [name]Jane[/name] in the first name spot? Eg [name]Jane[/name]-[name]Eloise[/name].

Not much help today maybe the other berries can do better?

rollo

[name]How[/name] about [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Jane[/name]?

Hey! That’s cute! I’ll ask hubby! Really TODAY loving, [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Jane[/name]=0) ([name]Love[/name] the way [name]Charlotte[/name] is a soft, two syllable name much like [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name])…

[name]Anna[/name]-[name]Jane[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], maybe?:slight_smile:
BTW, I do love [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] together.

I love [name]Clara[/name]! Too bad it’s out. :frowning: It might be a bit close to [name]Sarah[/name]'s name, too… Rhymey and such.

I’m sure you have considered a ton of names, but what about these?

[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]/[name]Lillian[/name] (I think a [name]Lily[/name] name would be really sweet with [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name])
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name]

Yeah, I agree

I like [name]Ella[/name]-[name]Jane[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] as a combo.

[name]Do[/name] I like [name]Charlotte[/name]? In a way yes, in a way no, I love the look of it, I love that it is a classic name, and I think it is a feminine name that is not overly frilly (although my preference is for frilly names). I do not like the harlot part of [name]Charlotte[/name] and while I don’t mind [name]Charlie[/name] for a nn, I think it is a little too boyish for my tastes. I like nn of [name]Charlie[/name] more than [name]Lotte[/name] which has a harsh sound to it.

Would I choose it over [name]Caroline[/name]? No.
Would I choose if over [name]Olivia[/name]-[name]Jane[/name]? No
Would I choose it over [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name]? No

Have a lovely day!

rollo

Thank you [name]Rollo[/name]! You ladies help keep me in check =0) Here is my latest and Last list, lol!! To me, it is looking more like [name]Olivia[/name]-[name]Jane[/name]. Last night we let the kids vote, and it was split… not a big help!!
So… do you see anything of interest on this list:

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]ALice[/name], I really like, but not sure it’s frilly enough for me)

[name]Hannah[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (loved [name]Hannah[/name] for a long time, but there is another family member with it… I think we can get past it, though… she is a distant relative.)

[name]Madeline[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Grace[/name]-[name]Marie[/name] [name]Giovanna[/name] or [name]Grace[/name]-[name]Marie[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Joy[/name]

[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Anna[/name]-[name]Madeline[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Samantha[/name] [name]Joy[/name] (not sure if [name]Samantha[/name] is “frilly” enough for me…)

[name]Madeline[/name] [name]Angelina[/name]

[name]Adeline[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (this I think is sweet!! love the nn [name]Addy[/name])

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Joy[/name] is stunning and [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is so sweet! The only drawback is usuing [name]Susannah[/name] would make 3 s’s while the rest of the kids have other letters. I also think [name]Hannah[/name] would work nicely.

I like [name]Alice[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Jane[/name], and [name]Grace[/name]-[name]Marie[/name] [name]Giovanna[/name]!

I like [name]Sadie[/name] and think it’s so cute, but since it’s a diminutive of [name]Sarah[/name], I wouldn’t do it, especially since it sounds like [name]Sarah[/name] and this baby will be really close in age, and there’s also [name]Sophie[/name] fairly close in age… [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], and [name]Sadie[/name] is just too close to me. :frowning: I like [name]Olivia[/name]-[name]Jane[/name] the best, but I also really love [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]–are they still options, too?

To me it only makes a little difference if you call her [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] or just [name]Sophie[/name]. [name]Clara[/name] is a great name regardless, I’d go for it if you are already sure you like it I’m sure it won’t be a problem at all!