Clark or Bennett?!?!

Having trouble narrowing down our baby boy’s name…

We already have [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_u]Carter[/name_u], and [name_u]Sydney[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s name starts with an S and mine starts with a C. We didn’t plan the S/C naming trend because we are a blended family.

Now we are having our last baby!

We are considering [name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] or [name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], which would keep the C/S trend, but our moms don’t love.

Or [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m].

Not sure how important it is that we stick with the C/S trend…

Our last name is long and Ukrainian.

1 Like

I really like [name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]! That’s my personal favorite of your options. However, if the family’s opinion is really important to you then I think [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] is also a wonderful name! I don’t think sticking to the C/S trend is that big of a deal but it is cool that it worked out that way!

1 Like

You should go with whichever first name you love most passionately.

Initials don’t matter. Families scatter all over the world. [name_f]Nor[/name_f] do what your mothers think matter. They had their kids and now it’s you and your husband’s turns!

I’d rather be named [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] than [name_m]Clark[/name_m] though [name_m]Clark[/name_m] is a fine name too.

I picture [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] being intelligent, funny, and attractive.

I vote for [name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m].

1 Like

[quote=“[name_u]Harvest[/name_u]-[name_u]Endellion[/name_u], post:3, topic:359955”]
You should go with whichever first name you love most passionately.
[/quote]

This exactly! But also my favorite is [name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]. [name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] is lovely too.

Nothing wrong with [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] as a first, I just personally don’t love it as much as [name_m]Clark[/name_m]. Especially if you have a long last name.

Both are great names, go with whatever you and your partner love :blush:

2 Likes

Clark!
Its top of our list, and a great, solid name.
Anyone who doesnt love the name will once they meet the boy who wears thr name :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually know a [name_m]Clark[/name_m] who made me like the name! A friend of a friend, great human being. He’s in his mid-20s. Only [name_m]Clark[/name_m] I’ve ever met, great example for the name.

3 Likes

They’re both lovely, but my favourite for you is [name_m]Clark[/name_m]. I imagine [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] might get shortened a lot to [name_m]Ben[/name_m], which you may or may not like …

I really like [name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]!

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] to [name_m]Clark[/name_m] (and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] over both), but that and your mother’s preference doesn’t matter. They’re all good options. Choose what you like best. [name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] or [name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] would be lovely

I LOVE [name_m]Clark[/name_m], although I slightly prefer [name_u]Clarke[/name_u].

I think it goes so well with your other kids names. This is your last baby, and you should pick the name YOU love the most, no matter what your family says, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Clark [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is lovely :heart_eyes:
I just wonder if [name_m]Clark[/name_m] and [name_u]Carter[/name_u] are too similar?

1 Like

Clark [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] is so handsome

1 Like

I don’t think sticking to the C/S trend is that important, but [name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] is my personal favorite nonetheless.

I think [name_m]Clark[/name_m] is too similar to [name_u]Carter[/name_u]. [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] is handsome!
You can explain the initials as “We have a S pattern with girls” to people, many families I know have a theme for one gender but not for the other :wink:

I prefer [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]! Also, I wouldn’t do [name_m]Clark[/name_m] since you already have a [name_u]Carter[/name_u].

I like [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] more with your kids names. I also don’t think people would even notice if you didn’t continue the pattern. It may also cause some confusion. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad, my sister and I all share a first initial so I know from experience :slightly_smiling_face:. [name_m]Clark[/name_m] is nice, but I like [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] more.

Edited because I didn’t notice how similar Carter and Clark sound. I vote for Bennett.

I find [name_u]Carter[/name_u] and [name_m]Clark[/name_m] too similar as first names, so my vote goes to [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]!

I think [name_m]Bennet[/name_m] goes better stylistically with his siblings but I like the name [name_m]Clark[/name_m] better in general. Plus, I like the continuity of the S and C theme; it’s especially sweet with a blended family. I know you didn’t ask for suggestions, but just for fun, some S and C names I like with your other kids:
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
[name_u]Corbin[/name_u]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_u]Chase[/name_u]
[name_u]Cade[/name_u]
[name_m]Coleman[/name_m]

To me, [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_u]Carter[/name_u], [name_u]Sydney[/name_u], and [name_u]Clarke[/name_u] are a no-brainer :heart_eyes: I’m personally a fan of the initial pattern, especially since you and hubby have matching ones as well…no one likes to be left out…but I think ultimately whatever you love the most is what you should choose, because whatever name you pick, your family will get used to it! As long as it’s right for you, that’s all that matters!

Clark [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] is SO handsome! Putting aside the them you have going on, I think it’s just a great name in general. If that’s the name you and your husband are leaning towards, it’s a fabulous choice. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if your mothers don’t care for the name now, I’m sure they will grow to love it once the little guys is born. [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] or [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] [name_m]Clark[/name_m] are great names as well if the other one is “the one.”