Class lists...

I couldn’t find a thread on this (althought I didn’t look very hard since my computer is being slow today), so if there is one please let me know and I’ll move this there.

I figured we could put our kids’ class lists here. [name]Just[/name] put the grade of your little one.

My son, [name]Jacob[/name]'s 2nd grade class (some names are nns).

Amourian (b)
[name]Brendan[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name] (2)
[name]Jimmy[/name]
J.J. (b)
[name]Julianna[/name]
[name]Justin[/name]
[name]Kaitlyn[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Lauren[/name]
L.J. (b)
[name]Lukas[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Marissa[/name]
[name]Sarahi[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] (g)
[name]Sean[/name]
[name]Tiffany[/name]

Great idea for a thread! From [name]Jacob[/name]'s class, I like really [name]Clara[/name], [name]Julianna[/name], [name]Lukas[/name], and [name]Sean[/name]. Here are the highlights from my sister’s open house (4th grade):

[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Emma[/name], with sister [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Tatum[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Carl[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name], with sister [name]Tamara[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] x 2, one with sister [name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Clare[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Melia[/name], with sister [name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Caitlyn[/name]

I also saw:

[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Calista[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]Damian[/name]
Adeleine
[name]Miriam[/name]

Nice lists! Y’all must be in a well-named area. Here’s [name]Phoebe[/name]'s list for her 2 yr old class.

[name]Bryce[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name], nn [name]Bella[/name]
[name]Ivan[/name]
Kaydance
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Prince[/name]
[name]Tucker[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]

[name]Gemma[/name], [name]Clare[/name], [name]Astrid[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Calista[/name], [name]Otto[/name]? Where is this magical school of fantastically named children?

Cool this is the list for [name]Tuesday[/name]'s Class pre k class all girls school
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Alexis[/name]
[name]Alyssa[/name]
[name]Ashley[/name] x2(one is twin)
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] x2
[name]Emma[/name]
Gagan
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Jessica[/name]
[name]Madison[/name]
[name]Malaya[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Sydney[/name](other twin)
[name]Taylor[/name]
[name]Tuesday[/name]

[name]Gemma[/name], [name]Clare[/name], [name]Astrid[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Calista[/name], [name]Otto[/name]? Where is this magical school of fantastically named children?[/quote]

:slight_smile: [name]Madison[/name], WI… those were just the ones that caught my eye, but overall, a very nicely named area. [name]Every[/name] year I steal my sister’s school directory and pore through it. :wink: On a related note, there was a sibset of [name]Otto[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] at the pool, which I thought was adorable.

[name]Gemma[/name], [name]Clare[/name], [name]Astrid[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Calista[/name], [name]Otto[/name]? Where is this magical school of fantastically named children?[/quote]

:slight_smile: [name]Madison[/name], WI… those were just the ones that caught my eye, but overall, a very nicely named area. [name]Every[/name] year I steal my sister’s school directory and pore through it. :wink: On a related note, there was a sibset of [name]Otto[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] at the pool, which I thought was adorable.[/quote]

Who knew Wisconsin was a harbinger of style? [name]Phoebe[/name] and [name]Otto[/name] is killer! I’m a bit more staid on boys names, myself, but I can appreciate the symmetry of those together.

Is Gagan a way to convert [name]Gage[/name] into an -en name? The horror!

All I can think about is Lady Gaga. It’s pretty terrible.

I can’t wait to get my kids’ class lists! So far we only have teacher and classroom information - no list of names! Must I really wait a week for them to start school??

There are boys named [name]Otto[/name] somewhere in this country/world!? This is exciting.

Yes! I met one recently and was SO thrilled. I took my God-Daughter to Gymboree this summer and there was a little [name]Otto[/name] there! I almost died. I just checked the SSA Beyond the top 1000 and 168 Ottos were born last year, and 135 were born in 2008. That’s a lot more than I would have imagined.

Is Gagan a way to convert [name]Gage[/name] into an -en name? The horror![/quote]

Actually, no it’s not. There is a guy at my school named Gagan, and from what I’ve been informed it’s a legitimate name, I think he said it’s [name]Indian[/name], which makes sense because his dad is [name]Indian[/name].
I was just shocked to see it on a girl, since I associate it with the boy at my school. I really love the sound of it too. Guh-gan. It’s cool in my opinion.

I’m in college and my classes just started up this week. I go to a mid-sized (10,000) private University on the [name]East[/name] Coast but our student body is made up from kids from around the country (plus international students) so I’ve encountered some interesting names so far this semester. Most of my classes are sophomores and juniors, so born in 1990-91. All my class rosters are posted online so I checked them for spellings, which resulted in some interesting findings. Here are some I found interesting:

[name]Alberto[/name] (he’s American-born)
[name]Blayne[/name] (f)
[name]Ariel[/name] (f)
Shamaya
Goncalo (He’s Portugese, I believe)
[name]Schyler[/name]
[name]Rebekah[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Ariana[/name] (twins, gah!)
[name]Harleen[/name]
[name]Marella[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name] (4 in my Psych lecture!)
[name]Aviv[/name] (f)
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Marine[/name]
[name]Ravenna[/name]
[name]Zaira[/name] (but she goes by [name]Alex[/name]… interesting)
Pollaidh (I actually asked her about her name- she goes by [name]Polly[/name], but it’s the name of a mountain in [name]Scotland[/name])
[name]Tay[/name] (f)
[name]Cindy[/name] (kind of cool and unexpected on a 90s child)
[name]Kiara[/name]
[name]Paris[/name]
Petia
Raffaella
[name]Stella[/name]
Millen
[name]Zain[/name]
[name]Ellyse[/name]
Macaulan

Plus plenty of Ashelys, Jennifers, Jessicas, Emilys, Ryans, Alexanders, Michaels and other common/early 90s names.

I was completely intrigued by Armourian, so I did some Googling - it seems to be an Armenian surname, if anyone is interested.

[name]Auburn[/name]

Is Gagan a way to convert [name]Gage[/name] into an -en name? The horror![/quote]

Actually, no it’s not. There is a guy at my school named Gagan, and from what I’ve been informed it’s a legitimate name, I think he said it’s [name]Indian[/name], which makes sense because his dad is [name]Indian[/name].
I was just shocked to see it on a girl, since I associate it with the boy at my school. I really love the sound of it too. Guh-gan. It’s cool in my opinion.[/quote]

OK, I feel better now. But can’t you just imagine some parent conjuring up Gagen?

I was just shocked to see it on a girl, since I associate it with the boy at my school. I really love the sound of it too. Guh-gan. It’s cool in my opinion.[/quote]

OK, I feel better now. But can’t you just imagine some parent conjuring up Gagen?[/quote]

I can most definitely see a parent making up Gagen. Seeing as how [name]Gage[/name] is becoming more popular, they want a new twist on everything. But I actually really like Gagan! Haha it’s probably because the kid I know is so cool. Lol

Hmm we have:

[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Danielle[/name]
[name]Amy[/name]
[name]Gary[/name]
[name]Kelly[/name] (g)
[name]Nicola[/name]
[name]Aleks[/name]
Samarth ([name]Indian[/name] boy)
[name]Jennifer[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Josh[/name]
Anuki ([name]Indian[/name] girl)
[name]Krystal[/name]
[name]Jarrod[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Katie[/name]
[name]Paisley[/name] (g)
[name]Brock[/name]
[name]Jaclyn[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Ben[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] (pronounced ah-va, not ay-va)
[name]Jamilla[/name] (g)
Eiji (Japanese boy)
[name]Lauren[/name]
Losalita (goes by [name]Rosie[/name])
[name]Nataly[/name]
Tasnima ([name]Indian[/name]/Pakistani/Bangladeshi)
[name]Thomas[/name] ([name]Tom[/name])

[name]Aleks[/name] and [name]Paisley[/name] are the only ones who stand out; I don’t really get the spelling of [name]Aleks[/name] instead of [name]Alex[/name]. I keep thinking of the fabric when I see [name]Paisley[/name], but her name really suits her and sounds pretty cool

My 4th grade class list:

[name]Alexandria[/name] nn Xaney
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name] (twin to [name]James[/name])
[name]James[/name] (twin to [name]Olivia[/name])
[name]Hayden[/name] (b)
[name]Rocco[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name] nn [name]Lynx[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] nn [name]Lottie[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] (g)
[name]Maxwell[/name] nn [name]Max[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Gracie[/name]
[name]Brighton[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Montgomery[/name] nn [name]Monte[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name] but refuses to go by anything other then her middle name [name]Macy[/name].

I only recently came across [name]Paisley[/name], and I think it’s really cute, so cute I’ve added to to my top fav list!

All of the names are so cute!! Here are some names in my son, [name]Rocco[/name]'s 7th grade class this year:

[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Sofia[/name] ([name]Rocco[/name]'s “girlfriend”)
[name]Scott[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] “[name]Charlie[/name]”
[name]Polly[/name] (sister to [name]Sally[/name])
[name]Sally[/name] ([name]Sister[/name] to [name]Polly[/name])
[name]Gage[/name] (g)
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name] “[name]Drew[/name]”
[name]Samantha[/name] “[name]Sam[/name]”
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Porter[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]

And in my cousin, [name]Alex[/name]'s eighth grade class. Almost EVERYONE has a nn!:

[name]Jillian[/name] “[name]Jill[/name]”
[name]Isabella[/name] “[name]Izzy[/name]”
[name]James[/name] “[name]Jimmy[/name]”
[name]Wallace[/name] “[name]Wally[/name]”
[name]Bridget[/name] “[name]Bridge[/name]”
[name]Kaitlyn[/name] “[name]Katie[/name]”
[name]Maxwell[/name] “[name]Mac[/name]” (No “[name]Max[/name]”? That’s new!)
[name]Jameson[/name] “[name]Jamie[/name]”
[name]Manuela[/name] “Manni” (this I’ve heard before on a girl)
[name]Emma[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name] “[name]Linnie[/name]”
Shakii (boy. Prounced sha-[name]KAI[/name])
[name]Terrence[/name] “[name]Terry[/name]”