Classes you've seen with more than one of the same name?

Think about classes you were in growing up, classes you observed in some way, or (if you teach), classes you have taught. What names have you seen more than one of in the same class?

Mine:

Claire
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] (but one was spelled Elivia)
[name_u]Jayden[/name_u]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m]
[name_m]Kevin[/name_m]

1 Like

Ethan
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u] (boy)
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u]/Rylee/Ryleigh/Ryley
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]

Growing up, I remember there being more than one of each of these names per class from grade school:

Elizabeth
[name_f]Megan[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Haleigh[/name_f] and Haili
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]

My primary school class of 30 had 2 [name_u]Connor[/name_u]s, 2 [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]s, 2 [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]s and 3 [name_f]Megan[/name_f]s. When I went to high school, my year group alone had at least 6 [name_u]Callum[/name_u]s - two with the same surname - and around the same number of [name_f]Jessica[/name_f]s. Is there any wonder people of my generation are giving their children more unique names??

Other commonly repeated names were…
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_m]Christopher[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]

I remember having several [name_m]Ethan[/name_m]’s, [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]’s, and [name_f]Elise[/name_f]’s in my classes growing up.

My usual doubles are [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], [name_f]Emily[/name_f]/Emilie, [name_m]Ben[/name_m], [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], and [name_u]Alex[/name_u]

Ella/Riley or [name_u]Ryley[/name_u] – I teach at a daycare and we always have more than one of these
[name_u]Logan[/name_u]/Audrey/Avery – these are recent new favorites at the center
[name_f]Amy[/name_f]/Carrie/Heather/Brian/Jason – had several of each in my graduating class

Hi there.

I’m a nanny to a six year old. In her grade of 35-40 kids, there are multiple:

Andrew

Will(iam)

Henry

James, [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] off the top of my head. There were five Chloes in my grade, and one year they were ALL IN THE SAME CLASS.

Caroline
[name_u]Abby[/name_u]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Devyn[/name_u] (yes, that spelling for both)
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]

Nick
[name_m]Ben[/name_m]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u]
[name_u]Brady[/name_u]

Matthew
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicole[/name_f]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f](my name)

Growing up:
[name_u]Alex[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] / [name_f]Ashleigh[/name_f]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
[name_f]Jennifer[/name_f]
[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_f]Megan[/name_f]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] (back in 1999!)
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] – like two-thirds of my friends in college were named [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]

More recently (in a program I volunteer with):
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_m]Jaylon[/name_m] / [name_u]Jalyn[/name_u] (boy and girl)
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]

I was never the only [name_f]Erin[/name_f] in my class and at work I’m also not the only [name_f]Erin[/name_f].

There were SO MANY Jennifers also!!!

These days I’m not sure. I’ve been told to avoid [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] fir girls and [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] (which was sadly on my list) for boys. But I’m guessing this must change.

Lots of [name_f]Kayla[/name_f]’s, [name_f]Kate[/name_f]’s and [name_f]Kaylee[/name_f]’s. Tons of [name_u]Ashley[/name_u]’s and [name_f]Megan[/name_f]’s.

I was one of three “Lizs” in my year during middle school. There were other [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]’s too but they went by other nicknames. [name_f]My[/name_f] high school had a lot of Emilys. Three of my best friends have been named [name_f]Julia[/name_f], and two [name_m]Nicoles[/name_m]. I’m sure there are other examples but none come to mind. I went to an all girls school so I don’t have examples for boys.

Oh, and [name_f]Kaitlyn[/name_f]’s, too.

[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] – 3 in a single class
[name_u]Michael[/name_u] – sooooo many [name_m]Micheal[/name_m]'s around me growing up
[name_m]John[/name_m] – see [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] – see [name_u]Michael[/name_u] & [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] – there were 2 of them in my 11th grade drama class, each pronounced differently, and there were a heck of lot more of them in my school/year
[name_f]Kaitlin[/name_f]/Caitlyn
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_f]Kayla[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]/Emily
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Nick[/name_u]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]/Ana
[name_u]Liam[/name_u]
[name_u]Ali[/name_u]

I grew up in a pretty multicultural area and there were so many different names from various backgrounds so it was pretty rare for them to double up – until I moved to a different province to graduate and attended a school that was a lot less culturally diverse than I was used to.

Tons of boys named [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

I have never in my life been the only [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] in a class, from elementary to college. Thanks, mom.

Samantha
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Tyler[/name_u]

Emily
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]