Classic but Fresh- Top 6! Help??

[name]Hi[/name] berries! I am back yet again, in need of your wonderful opinions! I can’t seem to settle on a name! I have those few ‘old standby’ names that have been on the list forever and some newer, fresher names that are growing on me! I can’t seem to pick just one name though! Which is where I’m hoping you guys will come to my rescue! I listed my top 6 names and why I like them, or why I’m worried about using them. So please let me know what you think of them! Thanks :slight_smile:

[name]Samuel[/name] - I don’t like the ‘muel’ sound in [name]Samuel[/name] but I love [name]Sam[/name]. I don’t think [name]Sam[/name] can stand on its own though. I also like the Biblical ties.
[name]Sawyer[/name]- love love love [name]Sawyer[/name]. Strong but gentle. But I hear ‘soil’ sometimes… I’m hoping I can get over that…
[name]Levi[/name]- I was really set on [name]Levi[/name] but got kind of bored with it… that seems to happen often
[name]Isaac[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] the meaning… ‘he will laugh’
[name]Ryan[/name]- This was supposed to be my name had I been a boy, and its been almost used in my family multiple times so It’d be nice to actually put it to use! I like the easy going sound it has.
[name]Noah[/name]- [name]Noah[/name] has been on my favorite list probably since I was 10 years old! I think it is the perfect name but ,again, am kind of bored with it!
[name]Benjamin[/name]- [name]Benjamin[/name] has been off and on my list for a looonngg time. the reason I really love it now is because I realized he could have the nn [name]Jem[/name] which I think is just about the coolest nn ever!

[name]Samuel[/name] - I don’t mind the ‘muel’ sound in [name]Samuel[/name] but another option could be [name]Samson[/name].
[name]Sawyer[/name]- I’m not a big surname lover but this isn’t too bad. Hearing “soil” would depend on where you live and the way people pronounce it.
[name]Levi[/name]- Never a big favourite of mine probably due to the [name]Levi[/name] Jeans association. It’s also kind of trendy.
[name]Ryan[/name]- Outdated and tired to use for a first name but if it has a family connection for you, try it in the middle.
[name]Noah[/name]- OK but I prefer [name]Jonah[/name]. [name]Noah[/name] is way too popular.
[name]Benjamin[/name]- This name has been growing on me. It’s one of classic Bible names for boys. I like it as a middle too when it’s paired with [name]Eli[/name]. [name]Eli[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] is cool and I love the look of it too! I like the sibset of [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name]. Now, there’s alot of syllables for you!!! They would have to be shortened to [name]Ben[/name] and [name]Nathan[/name].

[name]Samuel[/name] - I love [name]Sam[/name], but agree that [name]Samuel[/name] isn’t terrific. Had you thought of maybe using [name]Samson[/name]?
[name]Sawyer[/name]- I like this one, its jumping on the unisex bandwagon and I think it will get more popular because of Lost too, but I’m still a fan.
[name]Levi[/name]- I’ve always thought this one was a nice name but its never once made it to any of my lists so I guess its either not my style or there is something I secretly dislike about it
[name]Isaac[/name]- Really nice, I don’t know any Isaacs, but its a great name, classic but not too popular.
[name]Ryan[/name]- I agree with the pp, this is a bit too dated for my taste
[name]Noah[/name]- See [name]Levi[/name].
[name]Benjamin[/name]- I like [name]Benjamin[/name] as a full name, (though as another poster once said, you never hear of any [name]Benjamin[/name]'s, they’re always [name]Ben[/name]) and I really like [name]Jem[/name] as an nn.

I too am looking for a classic but fresh name. Our lists are very similar.
We are expecting child number 4 with this being the 3rd boy.
My oldest is [name]Samuel[/name], so I am partial to that name. Although, [name]Samuel[/name] is his given name, he never goes by that. It is always [name]Sam[/name].
Our second is [name]Eli[/name], which is why I can’t really use [name]Levi[/name]. I love [name]Levi[/name]. I think that it is a strong, simple, but yet cool name all at the same time. If we didn’t already have an [name]Eli[/name], I think [name]Levi[/name] would be it.
We also love [name]Noah[/name], but don’t really want to pick a name that is so popular. Still in the running though.
Our top contender right now is [name]Isaac[/name]. I too love the meaning. Who couldn’t use more laughter? : ) I’m not completely sold on it yet though.
Someone else mentioned [name]Jonah[/name], which we are also considering. Might be a good sub for [name]Noah[/name]?
I do like [name]Sawyer[/name] too. Had considered that one when our second was born.
I’m sure that is not much help, but I will be watching your responses to help with our decision too.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone for your input! I’ve really been leaning towards [name]Sawyer[/name]… It’s just such a great name! Strong but layed back, masculine but gentle, and adventerous. The only thing is that I love nicknames and I’m afraid we’d shorten [name]Sawyer[/name] to Soy, which I’m not fond of. Does anyone have any nn ideas for a [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]? As for the suggestion of [name]Samson[/name]- my best friend had a dog named samson, so all I can think of is a big yellow lab when I hear that name! Blessedmommy- I’d love to hear of any other names that have been on your list, since our styles seem so similar! I also really love [name]Isaac[/name] but am not sold on it… the only reason I hesitate is because it sounds like ‘I’m Sick’ a little bit— to me anyways. But I love it’s layed back feel, biblical connection and again, wonderful meaning!

Anyone else? :wink:

[name]Samuel[/name] - I don’t like the ‘muel’ sound in [name]Samuel[/name] but I love [name]Sam[/name]. I don’t think [name]Sam[/name] can stand on its own though. I also like the Biblical ties.
I agree with you 100%! I love [name]Sam[/name], it’s so sweet but still masculine. I dislike [name]Samuel[/name], it’s difficult for me to say![name]Sawyer[/name]- love love love [name]Sawyer[/name]. Strong but gentle. But I hear ‘soil’ sometimes… I’m hoping I can get over that…
I too love [name]Sawyer[/name]! I do not hear Soil, I am in the midwest and I think more people emphasize the “yer”. I do love [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name], I would call him S.J.[name]Levi[/name]- I was really set on [name]Levi[/name] but got kind of bored with it… that seems to happen often
[name]Isaac[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] the meaning… ‘he will laugh’
“He will laugh” is a great meaning! I just don’t like the sound of [name]Isaac[/name].
[name]Ryan[/name]- This was supposed to be my name had I been a boy, and its been almost used in my family multiple times so It’d be nice to actually put it to use! I like the easy going sound it has.
I’m 50/50 on [name]Ryan[/name], it’s not a favorite of mine by any means. However, I would much rather meet a little [name]Ryan[/name] than a [name]Michael[/name], [name]Matthew[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], etc. (No offense to those names!)
[name]Noah[/name]- [name]Noah[/name] has been on my favorite list probably since I was 10 years old! I think it is the perfect name but ,again, am kind of bored with it!
I have only known one [name]Noah[/name] my entire life. (all 24 yrs!) I love this name! And [name]Noah[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] is superb, imo!
[name]Benjamin[/name]- [name]Benjamin[/name] has been off and on my list for a looonngg time. the reason I really love it now is because I realized he could have the nn [name]Jem[/name] which I think is just about the coolest nn ever!
[name]Love[/name], love, love [name]Benjamin[/name]! [name]Benny[/name] is the cutest nn for a sweet, cuddly, baby boy! [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] is a lovely combo.

Wow, that did not post correctly! Sorry about that, hopefully you can read it! :slight_smile:

[name]Samuel[/name] - If you love [name]Sam[/name] you could go for [name]Samson[/name]/[name]Sampson[/name].
[name]Sawyer[/name]- Not bad, but I don’t love it.
[name]Levi[/name]- I like [name]Levi[/name] a lot too.
[name]Isaac[/name]-I’m also totally in love with [name]Isaac[/name], also I love [name]Ike[/name] as a nickname. Definitely my favorite on your list.
[name]Ryan[/name]- It’s also rather boring now since it’s been popular for decades. Like you said it was almost you name.
[name]Noah[/name]- I’ve also loved [name]Noah[/name] since I was a child, but its just so incredibly popular now.
[name]Benjamin[/name]- Good solid name, but I find it a little boring and overused now. [name]Jem[/name] makes it more interesting, but still.

[name]Samuel[/name]- I have always loved, only because in spanish its pronounces [name]Sam[/name]-u-elle. I’m not a big fan of the mule part of [name]Samuel[/name] either.

[name]Sawyer[/name]- I [name]LOVE[/name]! I don’t hear soil at all.

[name]Levi[/name]- I don’t like at all. There’s nothing wrong with it, I’m just not a fan.

[name]Isaac[/name]- I never liked the name until I read the meaning in this post. [name]How[/name] adorable!

[name]Ryan[/name]- I like it. Short & sweet

[name]Noah[/name]- I have always loved, but its way too popular.

[name]Benjamin[/name]- I love it and it has so many cute nicknames! I think it grows with a boy well.