Classic Nature Names

Hubby and I are TTC, but I’ve seriously got to get a jump on boy name possibilities! Boy names are sooo much harder for me than girl names. DH likes the idea of family names, but we’re not having so much luck in that category. (Not crazy about [name]Richard[/name] or [name]Robert[/name] or [name]William[/name].) To me, meaning is very important, as is the sound of the name. I like classic names, not too masculine, not too feminine, and at least two syllables. Nothing too frilly or invented for a boy. And here’s the kicker. I’d prefer not to have a biblical name. We are a very nature-y family, and would prefer something related to the earth or astronomy, but that’s hard with classic names.

The only one I can think of is [name]George[/name], (farmer) but honestly I’m not crazy about the sound of it…

I love the way [name]Eliot[/name] sounds, but the meaning is just too biblical for me (the [name]Lord[/name] is my God)

I don’t need to avoid any and all names that may appear in the Bible, but I don’t want it to be a prominent figure, nor have a very religious meaning. I have to explain to my kid one day why I chose his name, and I need a better reason than “It sounds nice!”

HELP NAMEBERRIES!

Also [name]August[/name] and [name]Indigo[/name] have been suggested on my other thread, and I like those…but IDK if they’re classic enough. (I live in [name]Texas[/name], a very progressive area, but still [name]Texas[/name]).

I could however justify the meanings of both. Maybe I should try to let those grow on me.

Has anyone felt that they’re were settling on a name? :expressionless:

[name]Lucio[/name], [name]Lucius[/name], [name]Lucian[/name]-“light”
[name]Oliver[/name]-"[name]Olive[/name] Tree"
[name]Colt[/name]-“baby boy horse”
[name]Cole[/name]-“Swarthy, [name]Black[/name] [name]Coal[/name]”
[name]Foster[/name]-“forester”
[name]Forest[/name]
[name]Arrow[/name]
[name]Slate[/name]
[name]Adair[/name]-“oak tree ford”
[name]River[/name]
[name]Rio[/name]-spanish for [name]River[/name]
[name]Ash[/name]
[name]Sol[/name]-spanish for [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Cielo[/name]-Spanish for cloud
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Aiden[/name]- “little and fiery”
[name]Sawyer[/name]-“woodcutter” not to mention [name]Huck[/name] [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Tom[/name] connection

Thanks for the suggestions!

I think I like [name]Oliver[/name]. I def like the meaning, and it’s sort of melodic to say, and sounds good with our single syl last name. Still not crazy about it…

DH has suggested [name]River[/name], but I think it’s just so overdone by hippie moms…I’d like to be a bit more creative. But who knows. It could definitely grow on me.

I love the connection to [name]Huck[/name] [name]Finn[/name] that [name]Sawyer[/name] has, but I’m not a big fan of surnames as firsts. I do love [name]HUCK[/name], but it’s been used by a friend. And [name]Finn[/name]'s not really my style. But then again, I’m not sure I even have a “style” when it comes to boy names!

Keep 'em coming!

Not sure how classic some of these are but what about:
[name]Afton[/name]
[name]Armon[/name]
[name]Ashley[/name]
[name]Clyde[/name]
[name]Coleman[/name]
[name]Dale[/name]
[name]Darnel[/name]
[name]Drake[/name]
[name]Eban[/name]
[name]Efron[/name]
[name]Florian[/name]
[name]Forrest[/name]
[name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Haynes[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Jay[/name]
[name]Jet[/name]
[name]Leon[/name]
[name]Leonard[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Oakley[/name]
[name]Odell[/name]
[name]Orson[/name]
[name]Robin[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Rye[/name]
[name]Sorrell[/name]
[name]Vale[/name]

I also found [name]Bunny[/name] on a list of unisex nature names!! Sorry just thought that was a little amusing! No offense to people who would name their child [name]Bunny[/name]!

Any good?
[name]Dahlia[/name]

Sorry, I actually didn’t even get to finish my suggestions list. I had to run and wanted to post what I had there…

[name]Rio[/name] (I suggested this because I love the name [name]River[/name], but it is fairly overdone…plus [name]Rio[/name] sounds more masculine and cool to me). I really do enjoy the name [name]Huck[/name], although I’m not sure I’d be brave enough to use it.

Some other names that are rooted in nature but sound like real names, and might not be overdone by hippie moms…

[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]/[name]Leon[/name]/[name]Lionel[/name]- “[name]Lion[/name]”
[name]Owen[/name]- “well-born” ok not nature exactly, but nice, nonetheless. Who wouldn’t want to be born well?
[name]Aster[/name]
[name]Heath[/name]-of course there’s the Ledger connection
[name]Miles[/name]-“merciful, generous” without the bible connection which so often seems to be the case with nice meanings life this…
[name]Charlie[/name]/[name]Charles[/name]-“free man” I actually really like the idea of the given name [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]- “deer lover”
[name]Sebastian[/name]- place name
[name]Jude[/name]- “praise” again without the bible connection…kinda
[name]Cornell[/name]- “crow”
[name]Jasper[/name]-“bringer of treasure”
[name]Gray[/name], [name]Indigo[/name],
[name]Linus[/name]-“flax”
[name]Sterling[/name]- I knew a kid in high school named [name]Sterling[/name]…pretty cool kid
So many more, but out of time again…

You could also wait to see when you’ll be due and work around that a bit somehow…

[name]Ash[/name]
[name]Banyan[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Forest[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Yarrow[/name]
[name]Lake[/name]
[name]Ocean[/name]
[name]Frost[/name]
[name]Drake[/name]
[name]Finch[/name]