Classic spunky names; Suggestions Needed!

We are having a little girl and are having a difficult time finding classic spunky names that are not trendy and that can handle being paired with our very difficult last name.

Names we like:

[name]Cecilia[/name] / [name]Celia[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] (but already in the family)
[name]Zoe[/name] (but already in the family)
[name]Astrid[/name]

Our last name is Crowninshield-[name]Lee[/name], a complete mouthful which is why we seem to be leaning toward shorter first names.
Any thoughts?

That is quite the last name. I agree that something shorter up front would help. My fave is [name]Celia[/name] and it looks short…but is still 3 syllables. Hmm. What about:

[name]Nora[/name] or [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Nina[/name] (not sure if this sounds good or too matchy with your last name…)
[name]Ivy[/name] (too trendy?)
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] (Vair-a or [name]Veer[/name]-a)

I really love [name]Tessa[/name] (or even just [name]Tess[/name]) and [name]Astrid[/name].

I agree that something short-and-sweet (even something a bit mainstream might be nice with such a long, sort-of-complicated surname) would be best.

What about:

[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] (would you consider this? I think it’s different enough from [name]Tessa[/name]–well, depending on how close they would be related–and I think [name]Tess[/name] Crowninshield-[name]Lee[/name] is really sweet)
[name]Flora[/name]/[name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]/[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Posey[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Liv[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]

Good luck!

I think I would steer away from any names that ended in -lie -ly because of the [name]Lee[/name] part of your last name, but there are lots of short names out there that don’t have that!

I think my top three choices with that would be [name]Tess[/name], [name]Gemma[/name], and [name]Willa[/name].

Oh, also, if you’re saying [name]Celia[/name] as “[name]Seal[/name]-yuh” it’s two syllables…but I only ever knew one [name]Celia[/name], and she said it like that.

Oh, that’s true. [name]Celia[/name] said “[name]Seal[/name]-yuh” would reduce the syllable count. Definitely my fave of your choices then.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Freya[/name] but already in the family. Ditto [name]Esme[/name] and [name]Clara[/name]. Our [name]Tessa[/name] goes by [name]Tess[/name] so it is probably too close… but oh I love it. I put it in mainly to illustrate our tastes… I agree with avoiding the -lie endings with [name]Lee[/name].

[name]Love[/name] all the names that you have as possibilities! Here are more:

[name]Aster[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]June[/name]/[name]Juna[/name]/[name]Juno[/name]/[name]Junia[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Dia[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]

[name]Thea[/name] [name]Etta[/name] [name]Mina[/name]

[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Judith[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Lilith[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Tahlia[/name]
[name]Katya[/name]

I love the suggestion of [name]Wren[/name]. Such a sweet name. I would suggest [name]Leah[/name], but maybe it is too similar to your last name? I think it could work though. I also like the name [name]Ora[/name].

[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] (say it like [name]Liv[/name]-ya?)
[name]Libby[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]/[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] (a personal favorite ;))
[name]Maggie[/name]
[name]Meg[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Bess[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]/[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]

i feel like most of the names on the “bad girls” list here have what you’re looking for. good luck!!!