Classic, vintage girls names?

[name]Stella[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name] are my favorites!

[name]Stella[/name] and [name]Del[/name] don’t rhyme since [name]Stella[/name] ends with an A sound. It you wanted [name]Gabrielle[/name] [name]Del[/name] Vecchio then there would be rhyming, but even that doesn’t sound that bad to me. Also [name]Charlotte[/name] has the most letters, but it only has two syllables so it’s actually one of your shorter names. If length bothers you then it’s [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name] you should watch out for.

As far as what I like:

I truely like both [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sophie[/name] was actually my favorite female name for years, but their blazing popularity forces me to nix them both immediately. I feel anything in the top ten is a no immediately.

That leaves with [name]Stella[/name] at number 126, [name]Charlotte[/name] at 68, and [name]Vivian[/name] at 164.

[name]Vivian[/name] - It’s a nice name, but it’s never something I’ve really connected with. I acknowledge that it’s a perfectly good name, but it’s probably my least favorite on your list. You seem to like names that are vintage but simultaneously trendy, which is a hot combo right now and is why all your names are climbing, so you probably dont care much about if there will be a bunch of other little girls with the same name. But you should be wary about the fact that the letter V and names with the meaning “life” are very hot right now. So expect [name]Vivian[/name] and its cognates to be shooting up for several years.

[name]Charlotte[/name] - A very nice name, but whether or not I recommend it depends on your possible nickname of choice. I like just [name]Charlotte[/name], but I absolutely loathe the nickname [name]Charlie[/name] for it. First of all I dislike male names for women, but more importantly [name]Charlie[/name] just doesnt make sense as a nickname for [name]Charlotte[/name]. [name]Charlotte[/name] is pronounced with a “sh” sound, but [name]Charlie[/name] is pronounced with a “ch” sound like [name]Charles[/name] the name it actually goes with. However I think [name]Lottie[/name] is an adorable nickname. Also you might like [name]Caroline[/name] which is another female version of [name]Charles[/name].

[name]Stella[/name] - Anything with an -ella ending is skyrocketing right now, but for some reason I still love [name]Stella[/name]. It has such a bright airy meaning with “star”, but some how it seems so much more grounded and levelheaded than sisters [name]Gabriella[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], and even [name]Ella[/name] herself. [name]Stella[/name] definitely gives you the best of both worlds.

I’d have to vote for [name]Stella[/name].

Some great vintage options

[name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]