Classy, fresh, yet with cute non names desired. Help with our list!

We are due in 2 months and we can agree on 3-4 names but I’m not sold on any one of them. We like simple, shorter, less popular and not trendy names. We like names that can have a cute nickname but also grow with her and sound professional later in life. Desire something that isn’t easily mispronounced (had to cut [name_f]Isla[/name_f] from this list because of that) and is fresh yet classy.
So our short list is:
*[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! (although one of our dogs is Dessi, so very similar. Also doesn’t have a nickname)
*[name_f]Paige[/name_f]. Cute nn could be [name_f]GiGi[/name_f]
*[name_f]Maeva[/name_f]. Very pretty and classy, nn [name_f]Mae[/name_f].
*[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. Hubby isn’t sold on it, might be on the huge upswing in popularity?

Hubby has given the NO to: [name_f]Della[/name_f], [name_f]Veda[/name_f], and [name_f]Willa[/name_f]

Any opinions, suggestions, recommendations greatly appreciated!

The two I like best and that seem to meet your criteria of having a cute nn, being classy & working well later in life are [name_f]Paige[/name_f] & [name_f]Maeva[/name_f] (I also absolutely love [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]). [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] are adorable and while these names are short and simple they are also strong and beautiful on a woman as well as a baby/girl. While I like [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], to me it is adorable on a little girl but I don’t think it works as well for a grown/professional woman. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is not my style, but if you are looking for a name that is not trendy, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] may not be the best choice. I have struggled to find suggestions that are short, simple & have nn potential! So many simple (and classy & fresh) names don’t have nicknames. One shorter name I love is [name_f]Celia[/name_f], nn [name_f]CeCe[/name_f]. Another one I love, but may not be as easily recognized/pronounced as you want, is the Irish [name_f]Neve[/name_f] (neev) nn Nevi, [name_f]Evie[/name_f], VeVe.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is great! And definitely has an obvious nickname: [name_f]Tess[/name_f]! Which I love, but I did name my dog [name_f]Tess[/name_f], so it’s not really usable for me. More of my favorite short names:

[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Amy[/name_f]
[name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Inga[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]/[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]

I love all your names! [name_u]Rue[/name_u] is a cute nickname for [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. And I know it’s not an obvious nickname, but we call my daughter ([name_f]Paige[/name_f]) [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] occasionally. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nickname [name_f]GiGi[/name_f] though, since almost everyone calls her Paigey. You have a great list, good luck!

I adore [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] from your list.

Here’s some l here that came to mind:
[name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f] - [name_u]Laney[/name_u], [name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Tasha[/name_f] - Sha, Tashie
[name_f]Melissa[/name_f] - [name_u]Mel[/name_u], [name_f]Mellie[/name_f], [name_f]Lissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] - [name_f]Vicky[/name_f], [name_f]Toria[/name_f], [name_f]Tori[/name_f]
[name_f]Lauren[/name_f] - [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]
Minnia - [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Deanna[/name_f] - [name_f]Dee[/name_f], [name_f]DeeDee[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f] - [name_u]Mel[/name_u], Lodi
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f] - [name_f]Lia[/name_f]
[name_f]Jenna[/name_f] - [name_f]Jenny[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback everyone!

I don’t see [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] aging as well as [name_f]Paige[/name_f] for some reason. And I think [name_f]Maeva[/name_f] / [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is gorgeous.

Perhaps you like:
[name_f]Nola[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f] - elle
[name_f]Natasha[/name_f] / [name_f]Tasha[/name_f]
[name_f]Calla[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilian[/name_f] - lily

My favourite out of your list is definitely [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. I love it, and it has the adorable nn [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. After that would be [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], and then [name_f]Maeva[/name_f]. Not a fan of [name_f]Paige[/name_f], but the nn [name_f]GiGi[/name_f] is gorgeous!

Another vote here for [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] (nicknamed [name_f]Tess[/name_f]). I don’t think it would be problematic on an adult.

I love the name [name_f]Maeva[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] nn [name_f]Tess[/name_f] or [name_f]Essie[/name_f] :smiley:

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] nn [name_f]Attie[/name_f]
[name_f]Audra[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] nn [name_f]Clary[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaina[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Laina[/name_f], [name_u]Laney[/name_u]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] nn [name_f]Essie[/name_f], [name_f]Ettie[/name_f]
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f] nn [name_u]Gene[/name_u], [name_f]Neva[/name_f]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] nn [name_u]Arly[/name_u]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Marin[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mari[/name_f]
[name_f]Moira[/name_f]
[name_f]Monet[/name_f] nn [name_u]Mo[/name_u]
[name_u]Neriah[/name_u] nn [name_f]Neri[/name_f]
Odeya nn Deya, Dey
[name_f]Raya[/name_f] nn [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_f]Reina[/name_f] nn [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f] nn [name_u]Rue[/name_u]