Clementine vs Genevieve?

Okay so [name_u]June[/name_u] has had to go as my cousin [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is naming her daughter due [name_u]December[/name_u] [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. She’s from my mum’s side of the family and we see her a lot she was very hush hush about her name but when my mum mentioned [name_u]June[/name_u] to my auntie she said that she is naming her daughter [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is the name of my paternal Grandmother so isn’t my cousin [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]’s biological Grandma but my Grandma was thought highly of by everyone so I’m not surprised that [name_f]Juno[/name_f] will also have [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] has her middle name. So essentially in a nutshell I can’t use [name_u]June[/name_u]. So essentially I am back to the drawing board! :woman_facepalming:t3:

I really want to bring into the delivery room two or three names (ideally two) I just don’t want her to be born and be like yep she’s not an x where do I go. Similarly I don’t want to be overrun with names that I’m left overwhelmed.

The first option will be [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] I just need another one really. Now I’m going back to [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] & [name_f]Clementine[/name_f].

Clementine [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ~ I like this name because [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is just sweet, like the meaning ‘merciful’, it’s a nice nature name, not overly popular and feels wintry. Cons to this name is that my sister has said phlegmy [name_u]Clemmy[/name_u] which has put me off the name as [name_u]Clemmy[/name_u] feels like the only natural nickname. However a friend has suggested [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] could that work?

Genevieve [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ~ I genuinely think [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is gorgeous such an effortless choice really romantic. I love the nicknames [name_f]Evie[/name_f] & [name_f]Gen[/name_f]. Cons my family really struggle spelling this name. Especially my dad who is a dyslexic and finds simple words hard to spell could [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] be too challenging? I’m sad to let this one go though. I think it would be a firm favourite if I wasn’t so worried about the spelling.

Anyways berries what’s your thoughts? What’s your favourite? Once again thank you for your continued support with helping me name the little one :purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

Genevieve [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is gorgeous! I prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] over [name_f]Clementine[/name_f].

1 Like

I really love [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]! I think it’s very sweet, and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] definitely works for it. It seems like a lovely option (and I prefer it to [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f])!

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. Maybe she could have a nickname like [name_f]Gen[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], or [name_f]Viva[/name_f] to make it easier to spell.

2 Likes

Although I prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] nn [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] is so so cute and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is gorgeous so my vote goes to [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]!!

2 Likes

Genevieve [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

They’re both beautiful names! I love the meaning and offbeat brightness of [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]. I also think [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is gorgeous and sophisticated! I honestly don’t know which I would choose myself.

However, reading through your comments, I was struck by you saying that [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] would be a “firm favorite” if it weren’t for your concerns about your dad’s dyslexia and the spelling for your family. I think if you love the name, it’s not worth giving it up because some in your family might struggle with the spelling. It sounds like your family members that would struggle spelling it aren’t going to be spelling it every day (the parents of the child and the child herself are the ones who need to know how to spell it!). I think that [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is a lovely choice for you, and [name_f]Gen[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] as nicknames could make it easier on your family.

5 Likes

I agree with @almostactually. I wouldn’t base my decision on whether family can spell the name because I know family members that spell very common names wrong (differently than how the parents spell it) so it really doesn’t matter. And they won’t be spelling it that often. A nickname will help.

I love both of these names and think they could both go well with the middles.
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] definitely works as a nn for [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]. :blush:

3 Likes

Clementine [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] flows beautifully, and I think it would be a great option for you. I think [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] is a bit of a stretch, honestly, and kind of defeats the purpose of naming her [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] (might as well just use [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]). But I also think that you don’t have to use a nickname. [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is only three syllables and will wear perfectly fine in full.

Genevieve [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is STUNNING. Personally, I prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] to [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] by a mile. [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is super cute as a nn, and it’s easy to spell which might help any dyslexics who can fall back on that.

You can’t go wrong with any of these, and, if I were you, I’d probably keep them all and take a top three to the hospital. Then you can decide when you meet her if she looks like a [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] or a [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] or a [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] to [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]! I don’t think difficult spelling for family members needs to be a dealbreaker, though I understand the dilemma. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandfather had dyslexia and had a difficult time spelling my cousin’s long name, and he didn’t go by a nickname. For birthday cards, which was pretty much the only time he had to write his name, he would address him by a pet name he gave him, and was able to copy his name from magnets on his fridge for the envelope so it was addressed to the right person.

If you are worried about spelling, there are some ways around it like a cheat sheet and/ or your kid and her grandpa can bond over the nickname he gives her. I hope this experience helps in your decision!

1 Like

I much prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] over [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. It sounds like you really love it! I don’t think the spelling is an issue at all, especially if she’ll go by a nickname. If you or your partner couldn’t spell it, that would be more of an issue, but family likely won’t be spelling out her whole name very often. [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is beautiful and it goes really well with your surname!

1 Like

@Ashleyann8 @rosepip @kidpix21 @anon47024950
@planetnames
Thank you so much for your feedback it’s really appreciated :purple_heart:

1 Like

@almostactually @whatchamacallit @anon68906791

Thank you for your feedback honestly I think I have just been panicking about the name [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] not working because of the spelling & my dad’s dyslexic. Also a lot of my dads family are illiterate so it worries me that maybe it’s a name not suitable for my family. But on reflection I think I agree with you guys ultimately it’s not like my dad will be writing her name all the time my dads family didn’t even do cards because of the illiteracy we would just get presents. Also [name_f]Evie[/name_f] would be a good option for Dad.

2 Likes

@elanorelle honestly thank you for giving such wonderful feedback once again your so helpful. I get what your saying about [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] being a stretch for [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] I just thought it was a good option for a [name_u]Brit[/name_u] as we are obsessed with nicknames as I’m not sure about phelgmy clemmy. I asked my sister again today if she genuinely thought that would be actually said but she thinks it’s niche :joy::joy: honestly though it’s put me off that nickname. I think I agree though she could be just [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]. Thank you for the feedback on [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] you have always been positive about the name which is lovely :purple_heart: I do love [name_f]Evie[/name_f] it’s so sweet. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad & his family could use that. I like the idea of a top 3 I think that would definitely work!

@sierrajade thank you for sharing your story about your Grandfather & his dyslexia I think that my child could have the same & most likely will see her granddad on her actual birthday so it won’t be a major issue!

@SparkleNinja18 & @Skyella_8 thank you for the feedback it’s really appreciated :tada::tada:

2 Likes

I really like [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] for you! I think [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] is a cute nickname!

1 Like

@Greyblue thank you I’m glad you think cleo could work :purple_heart:

Genevieve is better. If your dad can spell the NN that they’ll go by, then there’s no need to worry about the FN spelling.

1 Like

I definitely prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]! I don’t think spelling will end up a very big issue. Also [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] is a very cute nickname for [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I will be ecstatic if you decide to use this name, it’s absolutely gorgeous.

I think the spelling of [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] shouldn’t be a problem if you use a nickname like [name_f]Evie[/name_f] or [name_f]Gen[/name_f].

1 Like