Clementine?

Can I get some opinions on [name]Clementine[/name]?
Possible combo would be [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Mary[/name]… thoughts?

Also, what would you name a brother and a sister to [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name]?
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Florence[/name], [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Mary[/name], and GIRL
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Florence[/name], [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Mary[/name], and BOY

Thanks! :o)

I’ve always been a huge fan of [name]Clementine[/name]. It just seems so sweet, unexpected and is familiar but not popular. Of course, it has some connotations that some people don’t love (Oh my darlin’ , citrus, etc.) but I don’t think those are important at all. It’s a great name. [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Mary[/name] is nice, though I think [name]Mary[/name] is a bit simple paired with [name]Clementine[/name], though if it’s a family name or if you love it then you should use it. [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Marie[/name] has a nice ring to it and is a bit snazzier than [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Mary[/name]. I love [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Florence[/name]! So cute.
I think a good sibling name would be familiar (not too out there), but still a bit whimsical, and a longer name (though a shorter name could work too) Some I thought of are:

Boys: [name]Simon[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Forrest[/name], [name]Campbell[/name], [name]Bartholomew[/name], [name]Sylvester[/name], [name]Milo[/name], [name]Miles[/name], [name]Felix[/name], [name]Merritt[/name], [name]Geoffrey[/name], [name]Asher[/name], [name]Linden[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Heath[/name], [name]Cyrus[/name], [name]Solomon[/name] and [name]Fletcher[/name].

Girls: [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Virginia[/name], [name]Estella[/name], [name]Audrina[/name], [name]Georgina[/name], [name]Jacqueline[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Constance[/name], [name]Rafaela[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Arabella[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Sylvia[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name].

Wow, thanks freckles! That’s a great list of suggestions :o) I really like [name]Heath[/name] for a boy, and [name]Sebastian[/name] (but my hubby HATES [name]Sebastian[/name]…).

WDYT of [name]Shiloh[/name] as a sister to [name]Clementine[/name]? It’s from a [name]Neil[/name] [name]Diamond[/name] song that hubby really loves, and I just like the name.

Oh! [name]Susannah[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name] are both in my top 3 names! I love the idea of them as sisters, to me the names have the exact same kind of feel. [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Florence[/name] is nice, but I’m not crazy on [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Mary[/name]. It’s not a bad name at all, but I think other names would sound better. I’m not a fan of [name]Marie[/name] as a middle name. About half the girls I know have the middle name [name]Marie[/name].

Names that sound like [name]MARY[/name] and [name]MARIE[/name]:
[name]Maria[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Marlene[/name]

I really don’t like the name [name]Shiloh[/name] and I think it has a completely different image than the other two names. I think [name]Penelope[/name] was a great suggestion. [name]Magnolia[/name] or [name]Marigold[/name] would also sound nice. [name]Marigold[/name] would be a great way to get that [name]Mary[/name] sound, too! I’m not very good with boys’ names, but I think something vintage, yet not too well-known would be best. Something like [name]Ezra[/name], maybe. Of course, completely traditional names would work fine, too. I like [name]Lucas[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] with your sib set.

[name]Hi[/name]!

I think [name]Clementine[/name] is fun, flirty, spunky, and sweet! She’s feminine without trying to hard but not so frilly that she lacks seriousness. She’s playful and sporty but elegant and sophisticated. She’s great!

I adore [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Florence[/name], but I’m not totally in love with [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Mary[/name]. [name]Mary[/name] seems a bit, well, “blah” in comparison to the vintage [name]Florence[/name] - is it after family? If so, I apologize! For some reason, something with more of a strong sound, like [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] (or [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]) really appeals to me…

Well, you’ve got a bit of a theme going with “Oh [name]Susanna[/name]” and “Oh, My Darling [name]Clementine[/name],” don’t you? Here are some more!

[name]Alice[/name] - “[name]Alice[/name] the Camel”
[name]Grace[/name] - “Amazing [name]Grace[/name]”
[name]Mary[/name] - “Miss [name]Mary[/name] [name]Mack[/name]”
[name]Bonnie[/name] - “My [name]Bonnie[/name] Lies Over the [name]Ocean[/name]”
[name]Lou[/name] ([name]Louisa[/name]?) - “[name]Skip[/name] to My [name]Lou[/name]”
[name]Betsy[/name] ([name]Elisabeth[/name]?) - “Sweet [name]Betsy[/name] from [name]Pike[/name]”

[name]Abraham[/name] - “Father [name]Abraham[/name]”
[name]John[/name]/[name]Jacob[/name] - “[name]John[/name] [name]Jacob[/name] Jingleheimer Schmidt”
[name]Tommy[/name] ([name]Thomas[/name]) - “[name]Tommy[/name] Thumb”

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

One thing to keep in mind is that they’re both songs. Oh my darlin’ and Oh [name]Susannah[/name] don’t you cry for me.