Cleo, Clio or Clea

See the results of this poll: Which one do you like best?

Respondents: 69 (This poll is closed)

• Cleo : 35 (51%)
  • Clio : 19 (28%)
  • Clea: 15 (22%)

My favourite is definitely [name]Clio[/name]. I think this spelling is really pretty, and it’s also less common which I like. Im doing a minor in classics too so I love it’s connection to Greek Mythology.

[name]Clea[/name], it has the same appeal as [name]Cleo[/name]/clio but just a touch of femininity.

I vote [name]Clea[/name].
Same feel as [name]Cleo[/name]/[name]Clio[/name] but more feminine.

[name]Cloe[/name] :wink: [name]Just[/name] kidding I voted [name]Cleo[/name] since people call me that on accident sometimes. I also like [name]Clea[/name], but not [name]Clio[/name]

[name]Cleo[/name] for sure.
I think [name]Clio[/name] just looks weird, and I think a lot of people would mispronounce [name]Clea[/name] (Clee-a) and call her “[name]Clay[/name].”

[name]Cleo[/name] is cute, as a nickname for [name]Cleopatra[/name], [name]Clemency[/name], [name]Clementine[/name] or [name]Cleora[/name]!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Clea[/name], more sophisticated than [name]Cleo[/name]/[name]Clio[/name].

I voted for [name]Cleo[/name], but [name]Clio[/name] comes in second for me, if you were going with [name]Cliona[/name] as the first name.

I like [name]Clio[/name] because it doesn’t have the [name]Cleopatra[/name] association. Next comes [name]Clea[/name], and then [name]Cleo[/name].
Good luck!

[name]Clea[/name], definitely! I agree with the others that it has an added touch of femininity that [name]Cleo[/name] and [name]Clio[/name] don’t have for me. [name]Clio[/name] would be my second choice, though–for some reason [name]Cleo[/name] always looked a bit masculine to me.

I voted for [name]Clio[/name]. Definitely my favorite of the three.

1 [name]Clio[/name]
2 [name]Clea[/name]
3 [name]Cleo[/name]

1 - [name]Cleo[/name]
2 - [name]Clio[/name]
3 - [name]Clea[/name]

Mainly because I think most people would spell as # 1 so less confusion. [name]Clea[/name] makes me think of cleat just a little ~ sorry. Others seem to like it though so that might be just me.

I really like [name]Cleo[/name]! The [name]Clio[/name] spelling is nice but, to Europe as a whole, spelled that way, it’s a car. The [name]Renault[/name] [name]Clio[/name]. But I suppose country to country lots of names are used for products/brands so I wouldn’t let it bother you if you really like the spelling, unless you live in Europe.
I like [name]Clea[/name] too but it somehow seems more insubstantial than [name]Cleo[/name].

I like [name]Clio[/name] - it has connections to Greek Mythology, but it’s a subtle connection rather than the obvious '[name]Cleo[/name]'patra, and also to the Irish in the form of Clíodhna or the more usable [name]Cliona[/name] ([name]KLEE[/name]-oh-NA) which I personally think is gorgeous - and [name]Clio[/name] would be a lovely spunky nickname to the elegant fuller form.

This is one of my favorite names and I can never decide which spelling I like best!! I absolutely love the meaning behind [name]Clio[/name], the Greek mythological muse of history, but… it looks so weird to me!! I think it’s the resemblance to a certain part of the female anatomy that gets me… So I voted for [name]Cleo[/name], I guess [name]Cleopatra[/name]'s a pretty interesting historical figure to be named after! I really like the name [name]Clea[/name] as well, but I’m a sucker for ‘o’ endings :slight_smile:

Oh, [name]Cleo[/name] all the way! I love the name [name]Cleo[/name] so much that I named my sweet little puppy that! Back when I was struggling with recurrent pregnancy loss and had given up hope of ever having a baby…I’m a little sad I “used” it on the dog now that I have a baby due in [name]August[/name]! (Although baby may be a boy and render this entire moment of wah-wah unncessary!)

I voted for [name]Clea[/name]. My daughter [name]Clementine[/name] goes by [name]Clea[/name] most of the time. I think it’s more feminine and sounds prettier than [name]Cleo[/name] or [name]Clio[/name], but I really like Cleo as well. It’s a cool name. Good luck!