Cleo or Clio?

I really like Greek names and finally got my husband on board with strongly considering this name for our baby girl. I know you guys are getting sick of me asking questions but I just love so many names!

Which spelling do you like best? Is [name]Cleo[/name] considered more of a nickname while [name]Clio[/name] is more of a stand alone name? Our last name is [name]Nguyen[/name] pronounced [name]Win[/name]. I know the flow isn’t the best but it isn’t horrible either so it is something I can overlook because of how much I love it.

For some reason I am horrible at coming up with middle names and would really appreciate your help! What middle names do you like with [name]Clio[/name]/[name]Cleo[/name]? Nothing with an A because I want to avoid the initials of CAN. Thanks! :smiley:

I really like [name]Clio[/name]. [name]Cleo[/name] just doesn’t look as nice to me, and it seems like more of a nickname or a pet name. I also love that [name]Clio[/name] is the muse of history.

[name]Clio[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Clio[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Clio[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Clio[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Clio[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Clio[/name] [name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Clio[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Clio[/name] [name]Theresa[/name]

[name]Cleo[/name] has always been a nickname for [name]Cleopatra[/name] to me. [name]Clio[/name] is the Greek muse of history and the only legitimate spelling in my opinion. [name]Clio[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Nguyen[/name] is a lovely combination.

[name]Cleo[/name]/[name]Clio[/name] is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine. I like it, but don’t have the guts to use it. I think [name]Clio[/name] has more history as a stand-alone first name, but [name]Cleo[/name] is much more intuitive to me. But I don’t like it with a last name pronounced “[name]Win[/name]”- it sounds like one word. Like clee-owen or cliowin or something.

I prefer [name]Cleo[/name], because [name]Clio[/name] is too close to another word regarding a body part…

I think a 3 syllabus mn would work out best.

i always prefered [name]Clio[/name] untill my sister pointed out the closeness to the body part. I still think [name]Clio[/name] looks nicer, but [name]Cleo[/name] is probably safer.

I definitely side with the “[name]Cleo[/name]” team. I think it’s a great name. More interesting and less cutsie than “[name]Chloe[/name]”. I think a middle name with softer consonants and an elegant, feminine feel would go well.

[name]Cleo[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name] [name]Jemima[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name] Serephina

[name]Clio[/name] for me. [name]Clio[/name] looks more feminine to me, and also it’s the muse’s name.

Another vote for [name]Clio[/name] over here!