Cleo: Time for a change?

See the results of this poll: Which middle with Cleo?

Respondents: 45 (This poll is closed)

• Cleo Iphigenia : 12 (27%)
  • Cleo Amadea : 25 (56%)
  • Cleo something else (leave a comment!): 8 (18%)

I liked another name from your signature in the middle, [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u]. Sounds short and spunky to me.

I love [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f]! I would use a more common short name as a second middle, for example:

[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_u]Josie[/name_u]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

As for pairing [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f], I honestly don’t know. I love that name but I’ve always thought it was quite difficult to pair.

i’m greek so hey maybe i could be of help!
even though to be honest greek people dont really have middle names hah
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] Evanthia / Evanthee
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Elisavet[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Katerina[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] Alkmini (idk if this is how you spell it in english)
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] Iokasti (pronounced ee-aw-KAS-tee)

@emmievis: Another Greek here? Great! :slight_smile:

I personally think [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] is an incredibly name!

Should I switch from [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] to [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f]?- Only you can know that! I prefer [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] personally- [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] is just too mythological for my taste, and there’s something about the -eo iph- that I find hard to say- but that decision is all yours.

What second middle would you pair with [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f]?- Maybe [name_f]Colette[/name_f], [name_u]True[/name_u], [name_f]Lark[/name_f], [name_f]Marin[/name_f]/[name_f]Maren[/name_f] (I pronounce these differently), [name_f]Carys[/name_f]

Alternate first name suggestions for [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]? I see that you have [name_u]Vale[/name_u] as a middle on your signature, and I really like [name_u]Vale[/name_u] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]. I’m not sure what style you’re looking for, but I like simple, more popular names with [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] in the middle. Some examples:
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]/[name_f]Jade[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]

Seeing as both [name_f]Clio[/name_f] and [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] are among my favourite names, [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] has to be the one. I think [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] has so much energy and feistiness, she needs long, kickass middle, and both [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] and [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] work, but [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] is so great with [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], or maybe it’s because I have [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] as my middle for [name_f]Clio[/name_f], and they’re similar haha.

Anyway second middles:
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_f]Ziva[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]

[name_f]Lark[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Calla[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]

Yeah, I’m not doing well here, [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]'s a hard one.

Wow, where were you when I was trying to find a list of real but rare and unusual names? Your signature has many as well. Both names took a few minutes for me to get used to and you really have to approach it with an open mind, but after giving each a few minutes [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] flows better to me, but [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] really stands out. I’m curious if you used that name as a first name what you would pair it with?

Also, on a biased note I like [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Aravis[/name_f] the best, but only because it is similar to my go to username (a combination of Aerosmith and [name_m]Elvis[/name_m]).

I like both combos- [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] is incredibly melodic, but [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] is very charming! Other suggestions:

(sorry for any repeats)

[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amarantha[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Arcadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Apollonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Eurydice[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Demetria[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Euphemia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Hyacinth[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Iolanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Antigone[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Phyllida[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Zephyrine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Sophronia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Philomena[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Althea[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Acacia[/name_f]

Thanks, everyone! Some really pretty suggestions.

@forever.collector, [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] is great. If I didn’t have to use my short favorites carefully because I have soooo many long favorites, I’d totally go for it! I’m glad people like [name_u]Vale[/name_u], it has special significance for me.

@ladimon, I agree that a more common short name would be best for the third spot, but of course I’m picky as all get out and dislike pretty much all of the common short names, lol. I’ll have to keep an open mind and dig deeper! Or maybe see if I can get [name_f]Jane[/name_f] to grow on me. And I hear you on [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]!

@emmievis, does Alkmini=Alcmene, maybe? If so, I really like it. Might have to add that one to the list!

@bellerose, aw yay, hooray for finding Greek NB buddies. I’m glad someone likes [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]—every time I mention [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f], even here on this site where people are pretty open-minded, I can practically feel the raised eyebrows. Your name is [name_f]Vasiliki[/name_f], right? I’ve always thought that was lovely.

@namenculture, I love the sound of [name_u]Vale[/name_u] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] but I’m suuuper hesitant to move [name_u]Vale[/name_u] from where it is. Argh. [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] is so pretty it makes me wish I liked [name_f]Ava[/name_f] more. I do have [name_f]Ada[/name_f] on my list, though…hmm, maybe I’ll play around with that. Thanks!

@myosotis, [name_f]Clio[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] is great—I love how it evokes the library of [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] in [name_u]Egypt[/name_u]. If [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] wasn’t permanently associated in my mind with the slightly snobby suburb of DC, it would probably be on my list. I’m liking [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] as third middles, and wow, [name_f]Ziva[/name_f]! Totally had not occurred to me, but I love it. Also liking [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]—it’s nicely balanced and whimsical.

@aerovis, cool username :smiley: If I used [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] as a first…hmm, I’d probably go for [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. Maybe [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] [name_f]Saffron[/name_f], [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] or [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] if I wanted something shorter. [name_f]Aravis[/name_f] is a total GP for me, but I love it. [name_f]Arianwen[/name_f] and [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] from your sig are also A++

@sunrisemeadows, you must be psychic because you listed half my favorites. I love [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f], [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Olympia[/name_f], [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] (do you see where my “not enough short favorites” problem comes from?) Thanks!

Looks like [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] is winning the poll. I guess I’ll keep mulling it over for the next few days and see if it sticks!

I [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f], so my vote is obvious.

[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_f]Blanche[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_f]Pauline[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_u]Bobbie[/name_u]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] [name_f]Victory[/name_f]

[name_f]Una[/name_f]/ [name_f]Oona[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Maria[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amaya[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Pola[/name_f] ([name_f]Amapola[/name_f]) [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Carissa[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Angeline[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]- my combo is [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]. I also have [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] as well!
So I’m a bit biased in favor of [name_f]Amadea[/name_f].

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]?

I like [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] best.