Cliff or Clifford

His full first name. What do you think of [name]Clifford[/name]. I know most of us grew up with the big red dog who was very lovable so I can’t see any bad teasing. I really like it but am wondering should I name him [name]Clifford[/name] nn [name]Cliff[/name] or just [name]Cliff[/name]. thanks!

[name]Cliff[/name], definitely. Or you could go with [name]Clive[/name].

I’d love to meet a little [name]Cliff[/name]! :slight_smile: [name]Cliff[/name] feels kind of incomplete to me on its own, and like you said, the red dog associations with [name]Clifford[/name] are going to be unavoidable. [name]Even[/name] so, kids are named [name]Oscar[/name] in spite of the green [name]Sesame[/name] [name]Street[/name] critter, and he’s a grouch! Hmm…I think that [name]Clifford[/name] is a really handsome name, but it’s impossible to know how your son will feel about it.

You may also like [name]Clifton[/name] or [name]Heathcliff[/name] as [name]Cliff[/name] sources…

Take care!

Yes. :slight_smile:

I love it! It rolls off the tongue without sounding ultra-feminine to me. And I think the [name]Clifford[/name] the Big [name]Red[/name] Dog association actually would be helpful, not detrimental.

I also like the suggestion of [name]Heathcliff[/name] and agree that just [name]Cliff[/name] feels incomplete (and also tryndee).

I love [name]Clifford[/name] and the NN [name]Cliff[/name]! I would totally use it. Was my grandpa’s name who didn’t make the right decisions so I think it’s a little too soon to name a child after him, for me anyway. :frowning:

I like [name]Clifford[/name]. It’s one of those names I can’t/won’t use but would love to see on someone else’s child.
It would definitely be a standout among all the Caydyns and Bradyns, which is a good thing. :slight_smile:
[name]Just[/name] as a suggestion, WDYT of [name]Ford[/name] on its own? Or [name]Ward[/name]?

I’d go with [name]Clifford[/name] nn [name]Cliff[/name]. I like it a lot, and I’m considering it, too!