Cliff

I’m really into nature-y and “cool” names and I randomly thought of [name_m]Cliff[/name_m]. I probably wouldn’t use it as a fn but would definitely consider it for a middle name and it even goes with some of the other boy names on my mn list (Sage, [name_m]Stone[/name_m], etc.)

Questions - what do you think of [name_m]Cliff[/name_m]? What age do you envision a [name_m]Cliff[/name_m]? (It sounds somewhat dated to me somehow, but I don’t mind that). Are there are any longer versions you like?

2 Likes

[name_m]Cliff[/name_m] is GREAT. It sounds both nature-y and vintage. I actually really like the long form [name_u]Clifford[/name_u]. It sounds both kind of grand but amiable and down to earth at the same time. The only Clifford/Cliff I know is [name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_m]Boomer[/name_m] age, but I think the name was starting to slide by then, so I feel like while it would be a bit of a brave choice I’d be ready (thrilled!) to see it come back!

[name_m]Cliff[/name_m] is pretty cool!! It is a tad dated but could totally work

I really like Cliff! It feels well established since it has been used for awhile, but it still has a nature-y freshness to it!

1 Like

I knew a [name_m]Cliff[/name_m] in college. He was a rock climber :joy: Very nice guy, great name.

2 Likes

I imagine a [name_m]Cliff[/name_m] being older. 50s or 60s plus. It’s a cool, rugged, beach sort of name. Feels like a member of the [name_m]Clint[/name_m], [name_u]Clyde[/name_u], [name_m]Chaz[/name_m] family of names. I like [name_m]Clifton[/name_m] and [name_u]Clifford[/name_u] as full names, and I do like the idea of [name_m]Cliff[/name_m] (though preferably as a nickname for [name_m]Clifton[/name_m] or [name_u]Clifford[/name_u], etc) on a kiddo!

I love Cliff! I think it’s just so cool. It will forever remind me of Cliff Pantone from Bring it On (whom I really love), so that definitely influences my opinion.

I think Cliff is slightly dated, but not terribly so. I’d absolutely love to meet a little Cliff (even as a middle)!!

I know it’s definitely more brave, but I wanted to mention one of my favorites that Cliff reminds me of - Peak!!

1 Like

I don’t mind [name_m]Cliff[/name_m], although my main reason for liking him is [name_m]Cliff[/name_m] from the movie, Bring it On :joy: That’s who I picture with the name because that’s my main association. I can definitely see where you’re coming from with the nature thing, but the name [name_m]Cliff[/name_m] and cliffs are not very associated in my mind for some reason. Not that it couldn’t be used as one, of course!

[name_m]Cliff[/name_m] makes me think of [name_m]Bill[/name_m] Cosby so whatever decade he’s currently in. In the Cosby show his characters full name was [name_m]Heathcliff[/name_m] but often went by [name_m]Cliff[/name_m].

I think [name_m]Cliff[/name_m] is an awesome middle name! It’s a great nature nod, and I’m a sucker for snappy, one-syllable middle names. I think in that position it wouldn’t sound dated. As a first name it has a bit of an older vibe like [name_m]Clint[/name_m], but I think that’s outweighed by the nature/word name aspect. [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_m]Cliff[/name_m] association is The Cosby Show as @Alix2016 mentioned.

I adore [name_m]Cliff[/name_m]! I like the “word” name idea. If you did decide to use it as a fn, may I suggest [name_u]Clifford[/name_u], aka [name_m]Cliff[/name_m]? I get the dated thought, but I agree I don’t mind it! I picture a little boy sitting in the backseat of a car, legs crisscrossed, and his palms on his knees facing upwards, trying to meditate. Also, a flash-forward of him jamming out to talking heads or greenday with an older sibling in the car. Plus, a pet fish?? I don’t always understand my mind. I like it a lot! :mountain:

1 Like