Clifford, Theodore, and Franklin

I’ve been in a bit of a rough patch with boys names recently but recently came up with the sibset of [name_m]Clifford[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think these names go together? I would probably use the nicknames [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], and [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]. [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] is an honor name and I really want to use it. Some other honor names are: [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], [name_u]Robert[/name_u], [name_f]Barbara[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], [name_m]Foster[/name_m] - if you can think of any combos or variations of these names for combos (Robin, [name_u]Bert[/name_u], etc.) i’d appreciate the help!

Combos I’ve thought of:

[name_m]Clifford[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Clifford[/name_m] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Foster[/name_m]

How are you getting [name_u]Kit[/name_u] from [name_m]Clifford[/name_m]? Perhaps I’m feeling old-fashioned but the idea of brothers called [name_m]Cliff[/name_m], [name_m]Ted[/name_m], and [name_m]Frank[/name_m] makes me smile. I love [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. How do you feel about [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] [name_m]Foster[/name_m]? What about [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] as a combo of Barbara/Robert? [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_u]Luca[/name_u], or [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] for [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]?

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Cliff[/name_m] on it’s own (even though it’s what my grandpa was called most often) and I live by [name_m]Detroit[/name_m] so I don’t want it to be too associated with the company, so I was looking for alternative nicknames to [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] and came up with [name_u]Kit[/name_u]. I had a post on here a while ago asking for opinions on it and it was fairly split between people thinking it would work and others thinking it didn’t, but I like it.

I love [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] [name_m]Foster[/name_m], I’m a huge fan of aliteration

I like [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] as an option, especially since combining those two combines my paternal grandparents names

All of those could work for [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] (pronounced Loo-sha in this case). I think I like [name_u]Luca[/name_u] best

[name_m]Clifford[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] are such a cute and quirky sibset. I love [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], [name_u]Kit[/name_u] and [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] :slight_smile:

[name_m]Clifford[/name_m] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] are great!

[name_m]Clifford[/name_m] [name_m]Marlon[/name_m]
[name_m]Clifford[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_m]Clifford[/name_m] [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Clifford[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Vance[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Garrett[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Beau[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] [name_m]Foster[/name_m]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] [name_m]Herbert[/name_m]

1 Like

Two of these names (Theodore and Franklin) are the Presidents Roosevelt, though that’s not a bad association! Just makes Clifford stand out to me, compounded because Kit feels to me like a more “modern” nickname in comparison to Teddy and Frank/Frankie.

1 Like

I think they are lovely together, both the full names and the nicknames.

1 Like

@anon35922409 I can’t believe I didn’t remember the Roosevelt’s - must be why I thought they sounded good together :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Albert[/name_m] and [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]. Also love the idea of using [name_u]Beau[/name_u] as a middle

I love [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] and [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]! And [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] and [name_u]Robert[/name_u] and [name_m]Foster[/name_m]. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] not so much, but it’s a fine name. I prefer [name_m]Theomund[/name_m] (Ned).

1 Like

Was just about to ask this.

:woman_shrugging: like i said before about a year ago i posted asking for opinions and nearly everyone who responded thought it could work and i like it so eh. I’ve warmed up to [name_m]Ford[/name_m] as a nickname if [name_u]Kit[/name_u] doesn’t stick but i’m sticking with it for now

1 Like

[name_m]Clifford[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], and [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] is a darling sibset!!

1 Like

I don’t think this particularly matters. Nicknames can come from anywhere. I don’t think it has to have a logical connection. Kit is super cute for a boy.

1 Like