Clifford

[name]Clifford[/name] is a family name, that I have always liked, but I am really loving now. I would use it with the NN [name]Cliff[/name]. Is this usable, or just a big red dog? Also what MN’s would you pair it with? I was thinking maybe, [name]Hugh[/name], [name]Vincent[/name], or [name]Blaise[/name] but IDK, I would prefer it to be a vintage name because that is more my style. Thanks :slight_smile:

I don’t know… That big red dog even has his own vitamins. Might be hard to pull off, but if you love it and it honors a family member you could be brave!

I work in a children’s library, so I definitely have the Big [name]Red[/name] Dog connotation with the name. That being said - if it’s a family name, and you love it, then go for it.
The fact is, there’s always going to be some media or popular culture connection to a name - some are just worse than others.
I love [name]Cliff[/name] as a nn - I actually like it better than the full name.

Some combos:

[name]Clifford[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Clifford[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Clifford[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Clifford[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Clifford[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Clifford[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Clifford[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]

I like [name]Clifford[/name], the name, myself. I prefer [name]Clive[/name] to [name]Cliff[/name], though.

I like [name]Clifford[/name] a lot, despite the Big, [name]Red[/name] Dog. At least he’s a sweet character, right?

[name]Clifford[/name] [name]Silas[/name]
[name]Clifford[/name] [name]Albert[/name]
[name]Clifford[/name] [name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Clifford[/name] [name]Everett[/name]

I think it’s totally useable, especially with the nn [name]Cliff[/name]. I love the name, and [name]Clifford[/name] [name]Hugh[/name] is very handsome.

I don’t know … maybe this is because I have little kids, but all I can think of is that big red dog. It is a nice name. Maybe it would work better once the kid ougrows the preschool crowd.

The big red dog would put me off, plus it just feels slightly old to me still…getting fresher though. I do like [name]Cliff[/name] pretty well, and also [name]Ford[/name] for that matter in a way : D. I agree it wouldn’t be the worst association, [name]Clifford[/name]. Would you consider [name]Clifton[/name] or is that too far afield from the family tradition? Good luck!

I know another [name]Clifton[/name] that is close to me so that would be out of the question, thanks for the suggestion though :slight_smile: I think I prefer [name]Clifford[/name] anyways though :slight_smile:

It reminds me a bit too much of the Big [name]Red[/name] Dog and the serial killer/pedophile [name]Clifford[/name] [name]Olson[/name]. Neither of which I would want to bestow on a child. For different reasons, of course!