Clio/Cleo? WDYT?

What are your opinions on [name]Clio[/name] or [name]Cleo[/name]. I like that it is related to Greek mythology because my name, [name]Chloe[/name], is too. It was suggested by another Nameberry ([name]Lemon[/name], to be exact) as a nn for [name]Clementine[/name], which I also like. But now I’m thinking just [name]Cleo[/name] or [name]Clio[/name]. Anyway, waht do you think? And what spelling do you prefer?
Thanks!

Bounce

I love [name]Clio[/name]!! I prefer this spelling because it’s the more legitimate spelling for the Greek name ([name]Cleo[/name] came about more as a nickname for [name]Cleopatra[/name].) I love how [name]Clio[/name] was the muse of history, too!

I’ve never seen it spelled [name]Clio[/name], so based on that [name]IMO[/name] I’d use [name]Cleo[/name].

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Clio[/name] - greek muse of history [name]Cleo[/name], has same sound, but very cliche. [name]Clio[/name] is spunky.

[name]ADORE[/name] [name]Cleo[/name]/[name]Clio[/name]!! I actually like the [name]Clio[/name] spealling better but I think most people like [name]Cleo[/name] more.

I love [name]Cleo[/name]/[name]Clio[/name]. It’s such a spunky but cute name. I like the look of [name]Cleo[/name] better, for some reason the e seems to soften it. However, I prefer [name]Clio[/name] for its history, and I love that [name]Clio[/name] was the Greek muse of history too. I’m a history major :wink:

I’m also in the [name]Clio[/name] camp. I would prefer to have folks ask about the name origin instead of assuming it is short for [name]Cleopatra[/name].

[name]Hi[/name], Bounce!

I’m not a fan of [name]Clio[/name]/[name]Cleo[/name] as a full name - it reminds me of that annoying poodle on [name]Clifford[/name] the Big [name]Red[/name] Dog (yes, I babysat too much as a tween), and I’m even a mythology buff!

But, I did think it was a cool, interesting nickname for [name]Clementine[/name] when there really isn’t a natural choice besides [name]Clem[/name], which isn’t feminine and whimsical at all.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

definitely prefer [name]Cleo[/name]…I love it as a nn to [name]Clementine[/name]…