Clio?

[name_m]How[/name_m] hard do you think it would be for people to understand that [name_f]Clio[/name_f] is said like [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]? Also, do you think it would be a major pain spelling it this way? I love the connection to the muse, and see it as more of a full name as opposed to [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], which looks like a nickname for [name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f] to me.

I absolutely love [name_f]Clio[/name_f] (it’s on my long list). This name is so straightforward, I can’t see your daughter having pronunciation issues. I also prefer the [name_f]Clio[/name_f] spelling – mythic, sleek, elegant, and lovely.

I agree with you - [name_f]Clio[/name_f] is a full name, [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] is [name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f]'s nickname.

I agree with everything [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] said. [name_f]Clio[/name_f] is a gorgeous, mythical name with a great muse connection. I don’t think anyone will have a hard time saying it. And it is a full name (as opposed to [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], which is a nickname). I prefer it to [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your words of encouragement! I think [name_f]Clio[/name_f] will definitely be on my lists for future babies.

[name_f]Love[/name_f] it. It is on my short list for use. Of course, so is [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]. I don’t see any problem with pronunciation, but I do like the more familiar look of [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]. I love the meaning behind [name_f]Clio[/name_f] though, and the look has grown on me. Right now it is my preference.