Coco is it too much with my surname??

My husband and I are narrowing down the name choice if we have a baby girl. But we have a couple of dilemmas.

Our first name choice is [name]Indigo[/name] summer

The only problem with that is my husband has [name]Red[/name] hair and if we have a girl with [name]Red[/name] hair is it mean or weird to call her [name]Indigo[/name] which means [name]Blue[/name] if she has red hair? (In Australia a nickname/ joke name for someone with red hair is ‘[name]Blue[/name]’)

So I said if she has [name]Red[/name] hair we need a back up name. In which case my Husband loves the name [name]Coco[/name] so we would have [name]Coco[/name] [name]Summer[/name]

But…

Our Surname is Comben pronounced Com [name]Ben[/name]

is [name]Coco[/name] Comben too much together? Are they too similar, I’m not sure it works but my husband thinks its fine.

I would love your opinion…

[name]Indigo[/name] is more of a purple than blue colour so I don’t think it really matters. I think [name]Coco[/name] Comben is a bit of a mouthful to be honest.

I really dislike [name]Coco[/name] Comben. [name]Indigo[/name] Comben flows better. If she has red hair and worries about the bluey connection she could just go by [name]Indy[/name].

I think [name]Coco[/name] Comben sounds like an odd mouthful of a name. It would be memorable, that is for sure! I would keep searching.

[name]Coco[/name] Comben is too much for me, it’s a bit of a tongue twister

[name]Indigo[/name] Comben is also too much for me, the O is just to prominent. I think it would be better to search for a first name that doesn’t have the same hard O sound as your last name, like [name]Molly[/name] or [name]Joy[/name], or one that doesn’t have an O.

I agree that [name]Coco[/name] Comben is too much, but I think [name]Indigo[/name] Comben is fine together. I don’t think having a child with red hair named [name]Indigo[/name] would be an issue, but that is just me.

[name]Coco[/name] Comben is a too big of a mouthful for me.

I don’t live in Australia, but as a redhead I would not like to have a possibly built-in nickname related to my hair colour. I would choose something else if she has red hair, but not [name]Coco[/name].

I seem to be alone in this, but I love the sound of [name]Coco[/name] Comben. It has a musical sound, but that could just be my American Midland accent. Personally, I love it.

Heads up - (Pun intended) You may not know if your daughter will have red hair until long after she is born. Some kids are blond for a little while. Some are born with dark, dark hair that lightens slowly. Others’ hair all falls out, then grows back in in another color.

If it’s a real concern and worry of yours, avoid a name that you wouldn’t use should your daughter have red hair.

And I’m not fond of the [name]Coco[/name] Comben combo.

I don’t like [name]Coco[/name] Comben. [name]Indigo[/name] Comben is lovely, but I understand your reluctance about jokes. I think the ‘o’ sound at the end is lovely with Comben. I’ll post something if I find a good name with an ‘o’ ending! :slight_smile:

We researched the nickname ‘[name]Blue[/name]’ for a [name]Red[/name] head and it is not an insult it is just meant to be Ironic it was a nickname given to men soldiers with red hair in world war one. Apparently they didn’t mind being called [name]Blue[/name] or Bluey as it was not insulting like other nicknames previously given to Redheads. My husband was born with red hair and never took offence to the nickname so we might just stick with [name]Indigo[/name]. I guess the chances of people putting two and two together would be pretty small, anyway and its not really something that people or kids would pick on anyway I think.
I’m from European decent with dark hair, brown eyes and olive skin. Our first little man was born with black hair which has since lightened to mousey brown and he has [name]Grey[/name] eyes and his skin tone is between mine and my husbands. I think the chances of our next bub having red hair is slim anyway, but we have to be prepared for anything. Thanks for the advice everyone :slight_smile:

My thoughts exactly.

I don’t mind [name]Coco[/name] with your last name, honestly. It would be a memorable name, that is certain.

I think so. I like [name]Indigo[/name] whether she has red hair or not!!

[name]Coco[/name] Comben is terrible, it sounds like a stutter. [name]Indigo[/name] is okay.

I prefer the name [name]Coco[/name] but [name]Indigo[/name] sounds slightly better with your surname.

Bahahahaha, that’s what I thought at first, but my husband insisted it was fine and I was being silly. I really like the name that’s why I thought I’d put it to the forum. I’m glad I did now :slight_smile:

[name]Coco[/name] Comben is a lot too much, honestly. I don’t like it. [name]Coco[/name] is lovely, but it doesn’t suit your surname well. I love [name]Indigo[/name]!

I don’t like [name]Coco[/name] Comben, I don’t like [name]Coco[/name]. That piece of trash [name]Courtney[/name] Cox has a daughter named [name]Coco[/name], who by the way looks just like the goofy father. Please don’t use it.