Coco on the rise!

is [name_f]Coco[/name_f] now a “suitable” stand alone name with not only one powerhouse female athlete bearing the name, [name_f]Coco[/name_f] Ho, but now two with [name_f]Coco[/name_f] Gauff!

do you think popularity will rise from this or people don’t really look at female sports for names?

or does this not change your opinion on the name at all?

looking forward to the responses!

I know of 2 teenage Cocos (not nicknames) in my town so always has been a name on its own for me.

I know of a young [name_f]Coco[/name_f] (elementary school age), but not sure if it is her full name of nickname.

Tbh, I don’t know the two Cocos you listed. I pretty much only follow a couple niche sports, and the Olympics. That being said, [name_f]Lolo[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] made me feel like [name_f]Lolo[/name_f] was an acceptable standalone name, so I’d say [name_f]Coco[/name_f] is totally fine too!

I’ve heard of a young [name_f]Coco[/name_f] but i havent heard of those you’ve mentioned.
I think with the rise of nicknamey names in general, it could gain more popularity

I also think that with the rise in nicknames as firsts, [name_f]Coco[/name_f] would fit in nicely! I can see it gaining popularity.

The only [name_f]Coco[/name_f]'s I have ever met are dogs. So its hard for me to think of it on a person.
I live in a very rural, secluded area in the Midwest, though. Everyone’s kids here are either named [name_u]Remington[/name_u], [name_m]Gunner[/name_m], something along those line, or something EXTREMELY Norwegian, like [name_m]Lars[/name_m] or [name_m]Bjorn[/name_m]. There is’n’t much diversity here.

If others say that its becoming popular, I’d say go for it.
I just personally can’t imagine the name on a person, except maybe as a nickname.

I don’t know the people you listed. My first association is to the newer Disney movie [name_f]Coco[/name_f], where [name_f]Coco[/name_f] is the name of the grandmother

thanks for the feedback! very interesting to see where and who they’ve heard the name on!

[name_f]Coco[/name_f] is adorable, but more as a nickname.