Coco

I like the name [name]Coco[/name] for a nickname, but am having trouble thinking of a good full name for it. My mom’s nickname was [name]Coco[/name], her full name was [name]Coleen[/name]. I’m not pregnant now, but am planning ahead and would like to be able to honor my mom by giving a baby girl the same nickname as her.

So far, I’ve thought of:

[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]

I like the sound of [name]Colby[/name], but I just think of cheese. And [name]Nicole[/name] isn’t really my style (though I like that the “co” is in the middle). I generally like more traditional names with fun nicknames (ie at the top of my girls list right now is [name]Emilia[/name] nn [name]Millie[/name]). I am also loving a lot of the “old lady” names.

Ps. I’m also considering doing a first name with C and middle name with O, mostly because my mom’s birthstone is an [name]Opal[/name], and [name]Opal[/name] is an awesome middle name.

Please let me know what you think! You all are so great with suggestions :slight_smile:

I never thought of this before, but I think [name]Coco[/name] could be a nn for [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Carolina[/name]. Why not?

Also
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Cosima[/name]
[name]Nicole[/name], but it is very dated.

Hmm I think these could work.

[name]Cosette[/name]/[name]Cozette[/name]
[name]Coretta[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Cordella[/name]
[name]Corella[/name]
[name]Coriana[/name]
[name]Corinne[/name]/[name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Corissa[/name]
[name]Corva[/name]

hope this helps =]

I love the choices that you have thought of. I think [name]Coco[/name] makes a great nickname for [name]Cora[/name], [name]Coralie[/name], & [name]Cordelia[/name].

I know a [name]Courtney[/name] that goes by [name]Coco[/name], but that is probably not your style.

I love [name]Coco[/name] as a nickname, and agree that I am not too fond of [name]Colleen[/name]. [name]Cora[/name] is cute, but short and “nicknamey” looking already when put next to [name]Coco[/name]. [name]Nicole[/name] is the name most [name]Coco[/name]'s I know get there name from, but it’s quite dated. I would suggest the name [name]Nichola[/name], it can be spelled many different ways, such as [name]Nikola[/name]. It’s pronounced like [name]Nick[/name], long o, la. Its the female version of [name]Nicholas[/name]. I think its unique and definitely works with [name]Coco[/name].