Codie for a girl?

I like the name [name_u]Codie[/name_u] for a girl, however my friends have told me it’s too masculine and not proper for a girl. Opinions?

it does feel pretty masculine to me, but it isn’t awful on a girl or anything. however, i’d consider it too nickname-y to stand as a full name. maybe Cordelia nn Codie?

I don’t think it’s too masculine. It’s not my style but I do think it’s cute and works for a girl! Would you like [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] as a full name if you are worried about it being too masculine? [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] nn Kodie/Kody

1 Like

I like [name_u]Codie[/name_u] for a girl, it’s sweet and stylish, like [name_u]Reese[/name_u], [name_u]Blake[/name_u], [name_u]Remi[/name_u], etc. I’ve know three girls named [name_u]Codie[/name_u], so I think it works fine!

2 Likes

Lovely! The only person I know with this name is actually a girl! She spells it Kodi, but I like Codie way better! So spunky and fun!!!

1 Like

I know a woman called [name_u]Codie[/name_u] (not sure if it’s a nickname or not) and it suits her great!

I do like [name_u]Codie[/name_u] on a girl generally, but I most prefer it as a nickname for [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] (or some other name, just can’t think of any other options right now), but could also see it standing on its own.

1 Like

I know both boy and girl Codys so it’s perfectly neutral to me.

I know 2 female Cody’s and they are kinda bada$s

I worked with a woman named [name_u]Codi[/name_u] and the name suited her perfectly! It could definitely work on a girl!

I knew an even amount of girl Cody’s growing up as I knew boy Cody’s but that’s life in the south.

I personally like [name_u]Cody[/name_u] better than [name_u]Codie[/name_u] but that’s neither here nor there. It’s a cute unisex name in my book.

I like it! [name_u]Cody[/name_u] has always seemed like a softer boy’s name to me so I think it could easily make the switch to a girl’s name! I like the spelling [name_u]Kodi[/name_u] or [name_u]Cody[/name_u] better but I think [name_u]Codie[/name_u] works too!

I also know a girl called [name_u]Codie[/name_u]! She wears it really well. She’s very artsy and loves the outdoors/traveling! It’s not my personal style but I think it would work fine on a girl

I’ve read a book whoae female character was named [name_m]Nekoda[/name_m] nn [name_u]Kody[/name_u], and I quite like [name_u]Codie[/name_u] on a girl, not fond of the spelling [name_u]Codie[/name_u], I much prefer [name_u]Kodi[/name_u].

Definitely comes off masculine to me. I’d suggest:

[name_u]Koda[/name_u]
Hoda
[name_u]Noa[/name_u]

[name_u]Codie[/name_u] works !! I don’t think it’s too masculine at all, in fact it’s very pretty! I slightly prefer the [name_u]Cody[/name_u] spelling, but [name_u]Codie[/name_u] is lovely too.