Cohesive Boy Names For Our List

After losing my first pregnancy and dealing with the emotional and financial toll, we are almost ready to start trying for our rainbow baby! One thing that has been therapeutic for me has been developing a list of names that both my partner and I love.

We have the girl names locked and loaded! Partner loves them. I love them. Done. [name_u]Nature[/name_u] themed names are meaningful to me, especially ones with ties to the mountains or the south: [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. A wild card old lady name just might be [name_f]Winnifred[/name_f].

We CANNOT agree on any boy names. Not even close. He likes [name_m]Eric[/name_m] and [name_m]Bjorn[/name_m] for his Norwegian roots; I like [name_u]Asa[/name_u], [name_u]Beau[/name_u]/[name_u]Bo[/name_u], and [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] for a more cowboy vibe. We both like [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] and [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]/[name_m]Bodie[/name_m], but I don’t think it goes well with the surname [name_m]Burg[/name_m].

I’d be grateful for any thoughts!

[name_u]Peace[/name_u], love, and baby names,

[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]

Our rainbow baby is [name_m]Jenson[/name_m]. I think that’s a little Norwegian? Wishing you all the best with your search!

1 Like

[name_u]Cody[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m]
[name_m]Alec[/name_m]
[name_u]Lincoln[/name_u]
[name_u]Dallas[/name_u]
[name_m]Saul[/name_m]
[name_m]Even[/name_m]
[name_m]Wes[/name_m]
[name_m]Aksel[/name_m]

I hope these help : )

1 Like

Some boys names you both might like…
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Anders[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Ira[/name_u]
[name_u]Juneau[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezri[/name_u]
[name_m]Jessop[/name_m]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]

1 Like

Thanks for your input, @EmaleeAnna! I’m going to try really hard to get [name_m]Aksel[/name_m] on the short list. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Babies123456 thanks getting some ideas out there. [name_u]Juneau[/name_u] and [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] stand out and I’ll definitely mull over them some more.

@HDig such a cute name! [name_m]How[/name_m] did you narrow it down, if you don’t mind me asking?

Thank you! [name_f]My[/name_f] fave boys name was [name_u]Miles[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husbands fave boys name was [name_u]Cooper[/name_u]. When he popped out he had very fair hair (which we weren’t expecting) [name_m]Jenson[/name_m] was on our list and his face just seemed to fit! X

I’m so sorry for your loss :heart:

You have a really cool list already! Here are some more you might like…

[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]/[name_m]Magni[/name_m]
[name_m]Adler[/name_m]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Calder[/name_u]
[name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnick[/name_m]
[name_m]Sverre[/name_m]
[name_u]Arrow[/name_u]
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Viggo[/name_m]
[name_m]Jovan[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_m]Huxley[/name_m]
[name_u]Acey[/name_u]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Emil[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Foster[/name_m]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_m]Ivar[/name_m]/[name_m]Ivo[/name_m]
[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
[name_m]Oren[/name_m]
[name_u]Evren[/name_u]
[name_m]Johan[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_u]Indy[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Samson[/name_m]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_m]Xander[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_u]Mercer[/name_u]
[name_m]Torin[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_m]Fraser[/name_m]
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_u]Arbor[/name_u]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] immediate thought was Dietrik or [name_m]Derek[/name_m], nicknamed [name_m]Till[/name_m]. [name_m]Till[/name_m] sounds more southern boy, while Dietrik/[name_m]Dieter[/name_m]/[name_m]Derek[/name_m]/[name_m]Dietrich[/name_m] would sound nice with the last name. [name_m]Till[/name_m] is Northern European nickname for the Diet- names, but [name_m]Dietrich[/name_m] nicknamed “[name_m]Rich[/name_m]” would also be an option.

[name_m]Abram[/name_m] “[name_m]Abe[/name_m]”
[name_m]Roald[/name_m] “[name_f]Ro[/name_f]” or “[name_u]Rory[/name_u]”
Amund (sounds Norwegian and Cowboy to me!)
Gunne “[name_m]Gunner[/name_m]”
[name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_m]Jarl[/name_m]
[name_m]Carl[/name_m] or [name_m]Karl[/name_m]
[name_m]Runar[/name_m] “Roon”
[name_u]Storm[/name_u]

2 Likes

[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Declan[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]

1 Like

Well vikings were kind of the OG cowboys, so maybe you can find compromise there.
Here’s a few viking inspired names that I found poking around:
[name_m]Odin[/name_m], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Leif[/name_m], [name_u]Calder[/name_u], [name_m]Brandt[/name_m], [name_m]Crosby[/name_m], [name_m]Hall[/name_m], [name_m]Latham[/name_m]

Or maybe something a little more common and also Scandinavian.
[name_m]Gunnar[/name_m], Reidar, [name_m]Anders[/name_m], [name_m]Lars[/name_m], [name_u]Jensen[/name_u], [name_m]Elvis[/name_m], [name_m]Nicolai[/name_m], [name_m]Raynor[/name_m]

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you, @katinka for your compassion and awesome list! I love [name_m]Adler[/name_m] but I worry about the murmur diphthong /er/ sound for first name and last name combo. I’m seeing a repeating suggestion of [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] here and I love the Norwegian legacy of Kings (notorious though many were). Very helpful, thanks again!

1 Like

Solid point about the OG cowboys, @elfffff! Some of these rad names are ruined for us due to associations, but [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] is a heavy contender now. [name_m]Brandt[/name_m] is an unthought of choice that I’ll definitely look into. Gracias :slight_smile:

These are epic names, @hyacinthbucket! I haven’t considered Amund or the Diet-names! I’m worried that our close relative, [name_m]Derek[/name_m], may veto some of the options. Amund and [name_m]Runar[/name_m] are so perfect, thanks!

1 Like

[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Fritz[/name_m]
Holben

1 Like