Cole and Frank- what comes to mind

What comes to your mind when you hear the names [name]Cole[/name] and [name]Frank[/name]? Not that I’m necessarily even thinking of them as brothers, maybe just one or the other with some of the other’s from my list. I don’t want to tell why I was inspired to put them on my list, just want to see if they bring the same image to anyone else’s mind.

I’m not sure that these names fit well with the other names on my list. Which, if any, of these could you see with [name]Cole[/name] or [name]Frank[/name]? (Of course I won’t use all of these. I hope to have 3 kids, and none will have the same initial letter.)

[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]

[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]

[name]Frank[/name] is one of those names that, while in decline, doesn’t feel dated to me. Well, actually, I imagine [name]Frank[/name] as someone who was young before 1960, so maybe it’s just old in a good way. I like short, strong names that don’t have easy nicknames, and don’t usually mind if they are or were nicknames themselves.

[name]Cole[/name], though its popularity is much more modern, feels like it fits perfectly with [name]Frank[/name].

The other names are more, well, hip. They don’t go as well with [name]Frank[/name] and [name]Cole[/name] as those do with each other.

[name]Edmond[/name] has the closest feel to [name]Frank[/name].

[name]Love[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name], but not sure how they go. I guess that’s always my problem with my own choices. My boys’ and girls’ names are quite different styles.

[name]Vivian[/name] might be better than [name]Vivianne[/name] here.

[name]Frank[/name] reminds me of a super old Grandpa type or that you used it bc it is a family name. You might end up calling him [name]Frankie[/name] on occasion. Is it a family

[name]Cole[/name] seems like a “newer” name. It reminds me of a young person and i know lots of new baby boys named [name]Cole[/name].

Okay, well the reasoning for it is that we like big band music and swing dancing, and we were out doing just that the other night and started taking about good boy’s names that would give a little nod to the great big band music. [name]Louis[/name] ([name]Armstrong[/name]), [name]Cole[/name] ([name]Nat[/name] [name]King[/name]), and [name]Frank[/name] (Sinatra) were the three names we came up with. [name]Louis[/name] is out because of both our last name and a family friend named [name]Louis[/name] that we can’t exactly name our son after, even though it’s my favorite since my family’s from New Orleans. So I was playing around with [name]Cole[/name] and [name]Frank[/name], but I think the truth is maybe that I just want to like these names for the idea of it, and I don’t really like the names as much. [name]Cole[/name] is nice, and I think it would have a good flow with the middle and last name, but I don’t think it really fits with our #1 girl name (which is not open for changing) which is [name]Josephine[/name]. All of our other names have a very vintage feel, and I just don’t think [name]Cole[/name] fits, and I just can’t grow to love [name]Frank[/name]. So much for that idea I guess. Maybe I’ll name a pet one of those names some day!

Aw, I love your reasoning behind the names! They would make great middles if you’re not into using them as first. Sinatra, [name]Armstrong[/name], and [name]Nathan[/name]/[name]Nathaniel[/name] or [name]King[/name] could also be interesting middles.

I thought of [name]Cole[/name] [name]Porter[/name] and [name]Frank[/name] Sinatra, so I was on the right track! :slight_smile: I like both [name]Cole[/name] and [name]Frank[/name], I think they’re cool.