Combinations in case I decide Beckett is useable when this baby's born...

So you all know I’m struggling with a boys name for baby due in jan/feb. beckett was my top name until an anquaitance used it last year…still on the fence as to whether i can still use it or move on, but id like to put some combos together just in case.

• last name sounds like castle.
  • siblings are in my signature
  • I though hubs wanted [name]David[/name] after his dad passed away but recently discovered that [name]Henry[/name] would be okay with him too which is his middle name ANSI also his grandpas name. His other grandpa is [name]Jack[/name].
  • I’d like to possibly use two middle names with the 2nd being a male form of [name]Louise[/name] after my grandma. Thinking [name]Louis[/name] or [name]Lou[/name].

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Louis[/name] Castle is what I think of first, but that’s a long line of two syllable names…what do you berries think? Any better combos?

Other top names at the moment are [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Mathias[/name] if that helps or hinders!

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Louis[/name] Castle is nice! I agree that is a lot of two-syllable names, though. :frowning: I have the same problem with my own surname. I seem to be attracted to two-syllable names, and too many of them just sound awkward together. I do think [name]Beckett[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Lou[/name] Castle does break it up a little bit, and I know this is getting a bit more inventive, but I also sort of like the idea of [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Lou[/name] [name]Davide[/name] (French form of [name]David[/name], if I’m remembering correctly?) Castle–which breaks it up even more, and the flow is still pretty good (imo, anyway). I don’t know if that really appeals to you. If not, I think [name]Beckett[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Lou[/name] or even [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]Lou[/name] would be fabulous.

Good luck!

I like [name]Atticus[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Louis[/name], which is still quite a lot of 2 syllable together but broken by different endings and 3 syllable [name]Atticus[/name]. Have you considered using [name]Davey[/name] or [name]Davis[/name] to honour [name]David[/name], or [name]Henry[/name]? That way you may feel more comfortable putting it in the first name slot, freeing you to use one of your 3 syllable options for a middle name, breaking the pattern again.
[name]Davey[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Lou[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Benedict[/name] (ok, playing around here, thought you might like it since you like [name]Beckett[/name]) [name]Louis[/name]
[name]Davis[/name] [name]Louis[/name] [name]Mathias[/name]

I’ve posted before on how much I like [name]Beckett[/name] in the context of your family. :slight_smile:

I see what you mean about rhythm. Would you be willing to take some liberties with [name]Henry[/name]? Many of the international variants of [name]Henry[/name] have three syllables, and bring some rich vowel sounds to the consonant-heavy [name]Beckett[/name] Castle.

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Arrigo[/name] [name]Louis[/name] castle
[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Enrique[/name] [name]Louis[/name] Castle
[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Enzio[/name] [name]Louis[/name] Castle
[name]Beckett[/name] Herrior [name]Louis[/name] Castle

Conversely, you can use variants of [name]Louis[/name]:

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Aloysius[/name] [name]David[/name] Castle
[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Enrique[/name] [name]Lew[/name] Castle

Thanks for all the replies! I’m almost beginning to feel like I’m pestering but this process is a slow delicate one.

[name]Ash[/name]-thank you! I do like the idea of using [name]Lou[/name] so at least one name is one syllable. This would be great too because my gma goes by [name]Mary[/name] [name]Lou[/name] so even a more obvious salute to her.

[name]Emily[/name]-I haven’t considered [name]Davey[/name] or [name]Davis[/name] n the fn slot but have considered [name]Dave[/name] as a middle. I’m fairly flexible for middles but first names need to be something I love…and meet the whole list of picky criteria that I keep, ha ha! [name]Henry[/name] is nice as a fn but I know personally of three little [name]Henry[/name]'s under the age of 1 and try to avoid that.

[name]Lori[/name]-that does sound nice! Although both [name]Hawthorne[/name] and [name]Louis[/name] are tied to my side of the family so I’d need at least one of my husbands honor names in there ( [name]David[/name] or [name]Henry[/name] or variant).

blade- I talked to my sister about the points you made for [name]Beckett[/name] and she said she likes you :slight_smile: she really hopes I use that one too. I’d be open to international variants but I know without a doubt that my huSband wouldn’t be. He’s pretty conservative in the name department. The only one I think he would approve of is [name]Henrik[/name] which used to on our list…but there again it’s a a hard k sound and two syllables.

[name]Conrad[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name] both have a two syllable Mn name so I guess if has to be then it’s okay…I guess it’s the line up of three double syllable names that’s a little much.

Cheers to you and your sister.

You could do a lot, lot worse than be called [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Louis[/name] [name]Henry[/name] Castle. :slight_smile:

Thanks, [name]Blade[/name] :slight_smile:

I’m sure I’ll be back for more advice before this little one arrives…still have almost three months to go to teeter totter back and forth!