Combining my two favorite interests...

I love names, but I also love basketball, specifically the [name]Denver[/name] Nuggets. And, being the huge fan that I am of both of these things, naturally I had to look up the players’ full names online. So tell me what you think :slight_smile:

[name]Arron[/name] [name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Malik[/name] [name]Omar[/name]
[name]Chris[/name] (unfortunately no middle name found for him)
[name]Carmelo[/name] Kiyan
[name]Renaldo[/name] (no middle)
[name]Chauncey[/name] [name]Ray[/name]
[name]Anthony[/name] [name]Bernard[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] - “[name]Joey[/name]”
Tywon [name]Ronell[/name] - “[name]Ty[/name]”
[name]Kenyon[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
Maybyner [name]Rodney[/name] (changed his name to [name]Nen[/name]”, what he is known by)
[name]Johan[/name] (by the way, how would you pronounce this?)
[name]Earl[/name] (known as J.R.)

Now I know that you all probably don’t share the same obsession of basketball as I do, but part of the fun, for me, is seeing the names. Same with football. There are two players on the Broncos called [name]Champ[/name] and Knowshon, their given names…
Anyway, feel free to comment or just look. Whatever. I just felt like sharing with my fellow name nerds :slight_smile:

Those are interesting! Tywon is not a particular favorite, but I’m fine with [name]Joseph[/name]. [name]Champ[/name] is really strange. At least he grew up to play football and not to own a bank or high-profile company. The name is great for a football player. [name]Johan[/name] is likely pronounced [name]YO[/name]-haan.

Another bit of info: [name]Virginia[/name] Tech has a football player named Tyrod. Like the piece of car machinery. taking the “[name]TY[/name]” craze too far . . .

[name]Chauncey[/name] [name]Ray[/name] is super cool.

That’s what I thought too, but the commentators always pronounce it [name]JO[/name]-han. It really bothers me because I was pretty sure that’s incorrect… But he might pronounce it differently. I don’t know.

Isn’t it just the best? I knew that someone here would appreciate that name :slight_smile: