Combos - Honest Opinions Please!

So I have been name crazed trying to come up with some new combos and finding nothing I really really love, so now I am turning to you! Here are the combos I have come up with, with some of my favorite names (I think!), tell me what you really think, and if you can, suggest some combos and some new gems to add to my ever growing collection. And, can you picture some of these names on an actual child, and an adult?

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] ([name]Pearl[/name] for my Grandmother [name]Margaret[/name])
[name]Althea[/name] [name]Caro[/name] ([name]Caro[/name] for [name]Caroline[/name], Fiances mother, not a fan of just [name]Caroline[/name])
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] (Not sure about this one altogether, love [name]Saffron[/name], and Like [name]Araminta[/name], but it feels clunky)
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Autumn[/name]
[name]Corisande[/name] [name]Fable[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Jane[/name] for my mother [name]Janet[/name])
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] ([name]Ellen[/name] was my grandmothers middle)
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Winter[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Valencia[/name] [name]Lux[/name]

ETA-- Virginia Joy??

Names otherwise on my list of ideas: [name]Annika[/name], [name]Amabel[/name], [name]Amoret[/name], [name]Araceli[/name], [name]Avalon[/name], [name]Bryn[/name], [name]Calandra[/name], [name]Calantha[/name], [name]Coral[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Frances[/name], [name]Grainne[/name], [name]Hadley[/name], [name]Jubilee[/name], Keltie, [name]Mazarine[/name], [name]Reverie[/name], [name]Waverly[/name], [name]Vienna[/name], [name]Vionnet[/name].
Please feel free to use any, add any, subtract any, and tell me I am crazy :slight_smile:

I thought you were having a boy named [name]Lachlann[/name]…

Uhm nope. Not even pregnant, just a name lover. I did post about seeking a new middle for my [name]Lachlan[/name] combo a bit ago though?

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] but do not like [name]Adelaide[/name] very much.
[name]Althea[/name] [name]Caro[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like either one of these. Ugh!
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] - [name]Both[/name] feel very clunky to me. Again, Ugh!
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Autumn[/name] - Totally hate [name]Cordelia[/name], but love [name]Autumn[/name]!
[name]Corisande[/name] [name]Fable[/name] - Not a fan of either. [name]How[/name] do you even pronounce the first part?
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - [name]Jane[/name] is so cute. Please don’t ever chain a child to that first name [name]Hermione[/name]. It sounds like a for of BU_T
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] - Oh, this one is very pretty. I really like it!
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] - Like [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] much better.
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Winter[/name] - Very pretty too. Really like this one!
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] - [name]Just[/name] ok. I like [name]Natalie[/name] but not too fond of [name]Eleanor[/name].
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - Again, [name]Jane[/name] is cute. Not a fan of [name]Odessa[/name].
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Faye[/name] - Hmmm…[name]Faye[/name] is very plain. Not a fan of [name]Odessa[/name].
[name]Valencia[/name] [name]Lux[/name] - This one is pretty. I really like [name]Valencia[/name] and [name]Lux[/name] is unique.

I really like these from your list of ideas: [name]Annika[/name], [name]Avalon[/name], [name]Bryn[/name], [name]Coral[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Hadley[/name], [name]Jubilee[/name], Keltie, [name]Mazarine[/name], [name]Reverie[/name], [name]Waverly[/name], & [name]Vienna[/name].

I love [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]… It’s charming and sophisticated. [name]Araminta[/name], [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Lavender[/name] are also lovely.

My favorites are [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Winter[/name] and [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. And I also like [name]Althea[/name] [name]Pearl[/name].

Thanks for the responses so far!!!

@can90 – You definitely pinpointed some of the ones I’m least sure about also! ([name]Althea[/name] [name]Caro[/name], [name]Araminta[/name] [name]Saffron[/name]) Many of them are more guilty pleasure than anything else. [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] is a new love, within the past two days, I’m crushing hard on it, but not sure if [name]Lavender[/name] is actually a good idea for a real person! I’m not sure exactly what you are saying about [name]Hermione[/name]??? That’s another that I love the name, but probably wouldn’t use. What do you think would go nicely with the middle name [name]Jane[/name]?? (Also [name]Cor[/name]-iss-sahnd, totally frilly and a bit unnecessary I know haha)

This song is one of the reasons I love [name]Adelaide[/name]—

@elska and @tarah_e, you two picked out some of my dead on favorites, I’m glad to see I’m not crazy here. [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Winter[/name] definitely feel like my front runners, with [name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name] coming up close.

Keep it coming Berries <3 Totally appreciating this!

I always prefer MN that have a family connection, so those one’s would probably be amongst my top MN choices, especially [name]Pearl[/name] (awesome MN I think!). As far as FN, I love quite a few of your choices, but especially [name]Cordelia[/name]. If I was choosing between these names I’d probably go with [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name].

You’ve got lots of nice names, but some of the combos seem a little off.

If you don’t like [name]Caroline[/name] what about [name]Lina[/name], [name]Line[/name], Liina, [name]Kaja[/name], [name]Ina[/name], [name]Carlota[/name], [name]Carol[/name], [name]Carla[/name], Carlisa? Or [name]Carolin[/name] or [name]Carolina[/name]?

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] - I really like this one, [name]Adelaide[/name] is a beautiful name and it pairs nicely with [name]Pearl[/name].
[name]Althea[/name] [name]Caro[/name] - [name]Althea[/name] is nice, I think it sounds great with [name]Saffron[/name], [name]Ellen[/name] or [name]Jane[/name]. [name]Althea[/name] [name]Jane[/name] might be the best one. Or [name]Jubilee[/name]?
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] - This is clunky. [name]Araminta[/name] [name]Ellen[/name], [name]Araminta[/name] [name]Fable[/name], [name]Araminta[/name] [name]Jane[/name] all sound nice.
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Autumn[/name] - I think [name]Autumn[/name] is a beautiful middle name for [name]Cordelia[/name]. I think [name]Hadley[/name] would be even cuter though. [name]Cordelia[/name] Hadely.
[name]Corisande[/name] [name]Fable[/name] - Oooh, [name]Corisande[/name] is lovely. I like it with [name]Fable[/name], it feels very romantic and whimsical.
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - I love [name]Hermione[/name], it’s beautiful and useable. If you like alliteration I think [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Hadley[/name] is gorgeous, and I like [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Winter[/name] (but maybe too [name]Shakespeare[/name]-ish? [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Snow[/name]?). Maybe a [name]Caroline[/name] name? [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Lina[/name], [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Carla[/name], [name]Hermione[/name] Carlisa all sound great.
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] - This is super pretty. I think Lavendula [name]Ellen[/name] would be cute too, or Lavendel [name]Ellen[/name].
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] - I love [name]Eleanor[/name], but I’m not sure hoe much I like it with [name]Lavender[/name].
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Winter[/name] - Beautiful! I love [name]Natalie[/name] and [name]Winter[/name] together.
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] - Pretty, but not as gorgeous as the one above.
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - Nice, but the one below is better…
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Faye[/name] - I like this. [name]Odessa[/name] is very pretty, and with [name]Faye[/name] it is almost magical.
[name]Valencia[/name] [name]Lux[/name] - [name]Valencia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] would be my suggestion for this one. But I think I’d stick [name]Valencia[/name] in the middle spot.

Suggestions with your other names:
[name]Amoret[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Amoret[/name] [name]Hadley[/name], [name]Amoret[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Amoret[/name] [name]Winter[/name], [name]Amoret[/name] [name]Autumn[/name], [name]Amoret[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Jubilee[/name], [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Fawn[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Valencia[/name], [name]Hadley[/name] [name]Corisande[/name], [name]Hadley[/name] [name]Autumn[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Frances[/name], [name]Odessa[/name] [name]Winter[/name], [name]Odessa[/name] [name]Joy[/name], [name]Odessa[/name] [name]Snow[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Vionnet[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Lux[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] Bloom
[name]Vienna[/name] [name]Lux[/name], [name]Vienna[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Vienna[/name] [name]Corisande[/name], [name]Vienna[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name] [name]Vienna[/name], [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Mazarine[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name] [name]Carla[/name], [name]Kaja[/name] [name]Waverly[/name], Carlisa [name]Waverly[/name], [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Lina[/name]

And maybe you’d like…
Acadine, [name]Arcadia[/name], [name]Asteria[/name], [name]Cassia[/name], [name]Celeste[/name]/[name]Celestine[/name], [name]Clemency[/name], [name]Dione[/name], [name]Laurel[/name], [name]Nerissa[/name], [name]Nerina[/name], [name]Phaedra[/name], [name]Thalia[/name], [name]Violetta[/name]

@Javad, I definitely try to go for the family names, but there’s also so many other names I love to try and squeeze in! [name]Ah[/name] the pitfalls of being an obsessive name lover. [name]Love[/name] the suggestion of [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]!!

@[name]Ottilie[/name] - [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] seems to be a big contender with everyone! And to be honest, there are very few variations of [name]Caroline[/name] I can make myself like, it will probably be left to the wayside with so many other names, but I can at least say I tried! You are very right about some of my combos feeling off, it’s hard to find that perfect first-middle match sometimes! [name]Corisande[/name] [name]Fable[/name] is definitely a guilty pleasure name, one that I would probably use if I got brave enough, I love it, and it feels great to get some wonderful feedback on it! Thank you!! [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Winter[/name] is definitely treading a bit too close to A [name]Winters[/name] Tale, despite it being a very pretty combination, love the literary reference though! [name]Hermione[/name] is another one of those names I also hope to be brave enough to use someday!! I’ve hit a bit of a snag with [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] now though, as much as I am loving it, I woke up this morning, and within 5 minutes, realized the initials spell L.E.Z, which isn’t a terrible thing to be, but I’m not sure I’d want to stick a daughter with those initials, I know everything has teasing potential, but kinda walking right into that one with monograms and such. I may consider throwing in a second middle, as I love [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] so much! Or I might just get over it. Still major love for [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Winter[/name], it just feels so soft and whimsical, I’m glad to see others love it too! I’m also so glad you love [name]Odessa[/name] [name]Faye[/name], my fiance and I both really like [name]Odessa[/name], but we get such a mixed reaction!
Your suggestions, some of them feel totally magical!! Especially the [name]Odessa[/name] combos, eeeee! I also have loved, or still currently like a lot of your new suggestions, [name]Arcadia[/name], [name]Cassia[/name], [name]Clemency[/name], [name]Laurel[/name] (Used to love this spelled [name]Laurelle[/name]!) [name]Nerissa[/name] is very close to [name]Narcissa[/name], which I love but probably would use because of the [name]Narcissus[/name] connection, [name]Love[/name] [name]Phaedra[/name] and [name]Thalia[/name]! You really seem to understand my naming style!!!

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] - I like this. It’s a little old fashioned, yet feels modern at the same time.
[name]Althea[/name] [name]Caro[/name] - I’d actually prefer [name]Caroline[/name]. What about another name with the same start? [name]Carmen[/name]? [name]Carly[/name]? [name]Althea[/name] is a nice name.
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] - Too much food going on with the “mint” and saffron. I don’t really like either name.
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Autumn[/name] - I really like this. [name]Both[/name] names are beautiful. Like the first one, it’s one of those “old but new” sounding names.
[name]Corisande[/name] [name]Fable[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t really like either name, although I do like the nn [name]Cori[/name] or [name]Cora[/name] for the first name. [name]Fable[/name] reminds me of the video game.
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - Sorry, [name]Hermione[/name] is way too tied to [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] for me. I do like the sound of the combo though. I like [name]Jane[/name] as a mn.
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] - Not a fan of [name]Lavender[/name]. TBH it’s sorta like “hm, [name]Violet[/name] is too popular. What’s another shade of purple I could use?”. [name]Ellen[/name] is nice. NMS but a good name.
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] - See above. [name]Eleanor[/name] is great though. Very pretty.
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Winter[/name] - Like [name]Natalie[/name] a lot. [name]Winter[/name] is just ok.
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] - Ohh, I like this! Nice combo of a somewhat more modern sounding name with a classic.
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t really like the sound of [name]Odessa[/name]. It’s just unappealing to me for some reason.
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Faye[/name] - See above. [name]Faye[/name] is just ok.
[name]Valencia[/name] [name]Lux[/name] - Not really a fan of either name TBH. I think of a baseball player whose last name is [name]Valencia[/name], so it seems masculine to me. And [name]Lux[/name] seems… I don’t know. Like someone trying to sound rich when they’re not? Does that make sense? I dunno, I’m weird I think, haha.

I like your eclectic style!!
My thoughts…
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] ([name]Pearl[/name] for my Grandmother [name]Margaret[/name]) - Very sweet. I am no huge fan of nickname [name]Addie[/name], that is my one negative.
[name]Althea[/name] [name]Caro[/name] ([name]Caro[/name] for [name]Caroline[/name], Fiances mother, not a fan of just [name]Caroline[/name]) - Like [name]Althea[/name], not so much [name]Caro[/name]. [name]How[/name] about [name]Althea[/name] [name]Coral[/name] or [name]Althea[/name] [name]Coraline[/name] ? (same letters as [name]Carol[/name]/[name]Caroline[/name]).
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] (Not sure about this one altogether, love [name]Saffron[/name], and Like [name]Araminta[/name], but it feels clunky) - Hmm. [name]Araminta[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]?
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Autumn[/name] - somehow clashes a bit, to me. Not sure how to fix that one.
[name]Corisande[/name] [name]Fable[/name] - Very romantic. I could see this on a little girl with lots of brown curls. Who loves to read! :slight_smile:
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Jane[/name] for my mother [name]Janet[/name]) - Cute. I just can’t - as much as I love H.P., where I live my daughter could never escape the constant comments. I think in the UK it must be more wearable.
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] ([name]Ellen[/name] was my grandmothers middle) - Too bad about the initials! 'Cause I thought this was one of the most fresh, original combos!
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] - the two -er endings = not great
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Winter[/name] - very Christmasy!
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] - not as exciting as some of the others.
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - Like it! Spunky.
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Faye[/name] - Very original and pretty, in my book. I could see some people seeing it as quite musty at first, but the sounds are beautiful and I could see this on a sweet little toddler, as well as a teenager.
[name]Valencia[/name] [name]Lux[/name] - I really want to like the name [name]Lux[/name], but it seems slightly… stripper-esque. :frowning: My own problem, I’m sure. I suggest… [name]Valencia[/name] [name]Mercy[/name]

@Peanut – Finally a name for my style haha, it’s definitely eclectic! A bit of this, and a bit of that, I love strong sounding names with a whimsical flair, and that’s hard to come by! I agree with you 1000000% when it comes to the nn [name]Addie[/name], I really do not like it either!! I’m not sure what nn she would go by if one day we go with that name, but I’m sure one will pop up! [name]Althea[/name] [name]Coral[/name] is very pretty! Not sure how I didn’t think of that!!! As for [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Autumn[/name], I have similar feelings as you do, something doesn’t quite fit still, maybe it’s the a-ending and A beginning? You just made me crush on [name]Corisande[/name] [name]Fable[/name] even more with that description! That’s exactly the type of little girl I dream of having, awwwwwwe!!! I’m still not sure if the initials are a total deal break for [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name], I love it so much I miiiiiiiiiight be able to overlook it, but at the same time, ughhh… I’m so very very torn. [name]Ellen[/name] is one of the few names I’ve found that sounds magical with [name]Lavender[/name] and it happens to honour my grandmother too! It’s hard matching a middle to a noun first name, it all ends up sounding funny, like [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], sounds like a purple pearl :frowning: [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Winter[/name] is very very Christmassy and that feels like a drawback, unless I have a [name]Christmas[/name] baby, [name]Natalie[/name] is definitely one of my tamer girls names though. I love that you like [name]Odessa[/name], it honours a lot of heritage and sounds great with my Fiances very Ukrainian last name.

I think the problem with [name]Lux[/name] is that it sounds like Lush, like someone that is a lush, someone that overdoes it, lives for pleasure and etc . But when I think [name]Lux[/name] I think Virgin Suicides (Possibly not the greatest reference…) and the short lived Tv Series Life Unexpected. [name]Lux[/name] is very low down on the list of names that will actually probably get used though.

Adelaide Pearl - this is nice, I like all the nn options for Adelaide and the flow is nice. Adelaide Winter would also flow well.
Althea Caro - I really like Althea! and the flow with Caro is lovely! Althea Coral could work as well or Althea Coraline
Araminta Saffron - it does feel clunky and very “spicy” with the mint and saffron influence. Arabella Saffron? Apolline Saffron? Astoria Saffron? Andorra Saffron?
Cordelia Autumn - I really like Cordelia, not super fond of Autumn with it. Cordelia Bryn? Cordelia Faye?
Corisande Fable - I’m not fond of Corisande, though Sandy would be a cute nn. It reminds me of correspond. Coriander Fable? Clarity Fable? Coralie Fable?
Hermione Jane - I like this though the only nn I like for Hermione is Minnie. Also, in Harry Potter, Hermione’s actual mn is Jean, which is quite close, not sure if that’s an issue for you.
Lavender Ellen - I prefer Eleanor and I think it would still honor your grandmother.
Lavender Eleanor - not super fond of Lavender, though I do like nn Vandi.
Natalie Winter - I like the combination a lot, I don’t like the name Natalie at all though, but Tally is a great nn option.
Odessa Faye - again, beautiful combination, Odessa is a lovely name but not one of my favorites.
Valencia Lux - not fond of either name hear sorry.

other:
Annika Pearl, Annika Faye, Annika Fable
Daphne Coral
Caspia Bryn
Waverly Caro
Geneva Pearl

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] : [name]Adelaide[/name] is one of my favorites and I love it with [name]Pearl[/name]. Perfect combo!
[name]Althea[/name] [name]Caro[/name] : Not a fan of this.
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] : I like [name]Araminta[/name] but not with [name]Saffron[/name] as a mn. Maybe [name]Araminta[/name] [name]Jane[/name].
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Autumn[/name]: [name]Cordelia[/name] is NMS. I don’t like the “a” ending and the “a” beginning. Maybe [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Corisande[/name] [name]Fable[/name]: Not sure of the prn, is it [name]COR[/name]-ee-sahnd? I like it like this but I just listened to other pronunciations that I didn’t like.
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Jane[/name] : Some how this feels a little plain to me. Maybe [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] or [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Autumn[/name].
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it! I love [name]Lavender[/name] it’s on my list but I think I would have a hard time actually deciding to name a baby this.
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]: Above is better I don’t like that these have the same number of syllables.
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Winter[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]: Same as [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]: It’s okay but below is beautiful!
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Faye[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Valencia[/name] [name]Lux[/name]: [name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Valencia[/name] (reminds me of window treatments: valances) and [name]Lux[/name] is too trendy for me!

Favorites: [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Winter[/name], [name]Odessa[/name] [name]Faye[/name], and [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name].

Other Combos
[name]Annika[/name] [name]Winter[/name]
[name]Annika[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Amabel[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Amabel[/name] [name]Faye[/name] or [name]Amabel[/name] [name]Winter[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Faye[/name] (is on my list so I love it)
[name]Faye[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Vienna[/name] [name]Faye[/name], [name]Vienna[/name] [name]Winter[/name], [name]Vienna[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Vienna[/name], [name]Hadley[/name] [name]Odessa[/name]

These Names reminded me of some of your favorites
[name]Annora[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Thalia[/name] [name]Faye[/name] or [name]Talia[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Adara[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] or [name]Elora[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Anya[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Anya[/name] [name]Vionnet[/name]
[name]Colette[/name] [name]Vionnet[/name]

@kala-way – I am aware the Hermiones middle name in HP is [name]Jean[/name], which is a bit close for my tastes, so that combo is still up in the air. [name]Hermione[/name] itself screams HP to most people already, and tossing [name]Jane[/name] in with it makes it seem like I just took her name entirely, which is the last thing I want. I love your suggestions for middles for [name]Annika[/name]! Especially [name]Annika[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. Very pretty!!

@Dannikelli – [name]Love[/name] the combo of [name]Araminta[/name] [name]Jane[/name], a quirky first with a safe choice middle. [name]Corisande[/name] would be pronounced [name]Cor[/name]-ih-sanhd, so very very close to what you are saying I think?? I love that you love [name]Lavender[/name], I’m currently trying to show my Fiance all the reasons there is to love it!!! You and I must have similar tastes because you love all my for sure favorites! Like your suggestion of [name]Adara[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] too!

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] - A nice combo, very vintage.
[name]Althea[/name] [name]Caro[/name] - feels like a [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] combo, too vintage and incomplte feeling for my tastes. If you want to honor a [name]Caroline[/name] there’s: [name]Carolyn[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name]/[name]Charlene[/name]/[name]Charlize[/name] (which means the same) Or perhaps [name]Coralie[/name].
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] - feels like a “trying to hard to be exotic” kind of name. :frowning: It does have a clunky feel as well. Plus, the “mint” and [name]Saffron[/name] clash imo.
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Autumn[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name], but feels like you’re trying to put too much into one name, if that makes any sense.
[name]Corisande[/name] [name]Fable[/name] - There’s a disconnect there, and again, too much in one name.
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - [name]Hermione[/name]'s original middle name was [name]Jane[/name], until the Fifth Book in which JK Rowling accidentally gave [name]Dolores[/name] Umbridge the same middle name. She then changed [name]Hermione[/name]'s to [name]Jean[/name], because she did not want her sharing the same middle with such a horrid character. So it therefore feels very HP to me.
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] - It feels a tad incomplete with [name]Ellen[/name].
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] - Feels much more complete. The same ending (-r) bothers me a touch, but I like the combo :smiley:
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Winter[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it, especially because it’s tied by a theme. [name]Natalie[/name] being a [name]Christmas[/name] name, and [name]Winter[/name] being the [name]Christmas[/name] season. Subtle but there.
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] - Another favourite on your list. I think it’s beautiful.
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - [name]Jane[/name] is a bit flat next to [name]Odessa[/name].
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Faye[/name] - Much nicer, I like this one. It’s got a realistic touch of mythology.
[name]Valencia[/name] [name]Lux[/name] - A bit too Latin, but very pretty.

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]: Vintage. [name]Lovely[/name]!
[name]Althea[/name] [name]Caro[/name]: Pretty
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Saffron[/name]: a little much
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Autumn[/name]: not a fan of [name]Autumn[/name] and sounds a bit strange with [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Corisande[/name] [name]Fable[/name]: whimsical!!!
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Jane[/name]: pretty! reminds me of [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]: she was [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Jean[/name].
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name]: pretty!!! love [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] together! :slight_smile:
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]: a bit much. prefer [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name].
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Winter[/name]: very festive! love it!
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]: again, a bit much with [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]: PRETTY!
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Faye[/name]: PRETTY!
[name]Valencia[/name] [name]Lux[/name]: PRETTY!

I love your taste in names!

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] ([name]Pearl[/name] for my Grandmother [name]Margaret[/name]) – This is a favorite combo of mine as well. :slight_smile: I just love it’s vintage yet modern feel and I think the two names balance each other nicely.
[name]Althea[/name] [name]Caro[/name] ([name]Caro[/name] for [name]Caroline[/name], Fiances mother, not a fan of just [name]Caroline[/name]) – I love [name]Althea[/name], but [name]Caro[/name] seems a bit odd to me.
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] (Not sure about this one altogether, love [name]Saffron[/name], and Like [name]Araminta[/name], but it feels clunky) – I love [name]Saffron[/name] too (even though I don’t know if I’d be brave enough to use it). It does feel clunky with [name]Araminta[/name] though. [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Saffron[/name]? [name]Araminta[/name] [name]Jane[/name]?
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Autumn[/name] – This combo has a lovely, rich sound.
[name]Corisande[/name] [name]Fable[/name] – [name]Corisande[/name] is really cool! I hadn’t heard it before. I’m not sure I like it with [name]Fable[/name] because they are both so unusual. Perhaps [name]Corisande[/name] [name]Faye[/name] or [name]Corisande[/name] [name]Joy[/name].
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Jane[/name] for my mother [name]Janet[/name]) – [name]Hermione[/name] is not my style, but I love [name]Jane[/name]! I think [name]Jane[/name] would make a very elegant first name as well!
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] ([name]Ellen[/name] was my grandmothers middle) – This is very pretty! I picture a soft-spoken, creative girl.
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] – I prefer the above combo because it seems to flow better.
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Winter[/name] – This combo is beautiful! [name]One[/name] thing to note is that this combo has a very cold and crisp sound as opposed to warm combos like [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. Idk, probably just a crazy way my brain works. :wink:
[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] – I like this one a lot as well! [name]Eleanor[/name] adds warmth to [name]Natalie[/name]. I can’t decide which combo I like better though.
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] – [name]Odessa[/name] is nms.
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Faye[/name] – See above
[name]Valencia[/name] [name]Lux[/name] – I would prefer [name]Valentina[/name] to [name]Valencia[/name]. [name]Lux[/name] is neat.

ETA-- [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Joy[/name]?? – I really don’t like [name]Virginia[/name] as a first name and [name]Joy[/name], while beautiful seems to common in comparison to the rest of your names.

Names otherwise on my list of ideas:
[name]Annika[/name] – I love this name! It has a lot of foreign charm without sounding too odd to use
[name]Amabel[/name] – This has a very soft, sweet sound. Perhaps too much?
[name]Amoret[/name] – See above
[name]Araceli[/name] – Nms
[name]Avalon[/name] – Reminds me of the car
[name]Bryn[/name] – I prefer [name]Brenna[/name], [name]Bronte[/name], and [name]Briony[/name]
[name]Calandra[/name], [name]Calantha[/name] – These strike me as sci-fi-type names
[name]Coral[/name] – Simple elegance
[name]Daphne[/name] – Very sophisticated. I love the meaning!
[name]Frances[/name], [name]Grainne[/name], [name]Hadley[/name] – nms
[name]Jubilee[/name] – I really like the sound of this and its positive connotations! You might also like [name]Merrilee[/name], [name]Liberty[/name], and [name]Verity[/name]
Keltie – This isn’t usually my style of name, but it has a very appealing sound
[name]Mazarine[/name], [name]Reverie[/name] – nms
[name]Waverly[/name] – I find this name very pretty and mysterious
[name]Vienna[/name] – SO pretty! [name]Love[/name] this name. Also reminds me of Edelweiss which is clunky, I suppose, but would make such a nice middle name!
[name]Vionnet[/name] – I had never seen this one before. Looks pretty, but it seems there would be pronunciation issues.

I think you may also like:
Avonlea
[name]Everly[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Connelly[/name]
Kinsy

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!