Combos that made you love a name?

There are certain names I’d never really thought about (or even liked!) until I saw them in a combo I loved!

For me, I never really considered [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f] until seeing @LeafTree’s [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f] Nocturne, and now [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f] is high on my list. I didn’t love [name_u]Marvel[/name_u] until @snowmaiden’s gorgeous [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Marvel[/name_u], and I never liked [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] much until seeing @solara’s [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Swan[/name_u] – I’m sure there are more but these are the ones that stand out to me! :blush:

So I’m curious – what combos have made you love a name?

4 Likes

Aw, that makes me happy to hear! I never liked [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] until I saw your [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Stargazer, I’m fact, a lot of the names I’ve added to my lists recently have been because of your stunning combos!

1 Like

Literally all of your names [name_u]Lupin[/name_u] :sob:
Also – @emeraldsea 's [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] made me love [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], @may.rose’s [name_u]Marie[/name_u] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] and [name_m]Todd[/name_m] [name_m]Bramble[/name_m] made me love [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] and [name_m]Bramble[/name_m], @idyllic’s [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] Deliverance made me love [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f], @lateaugust’s [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] made me love [name_u]Percy[/name_u], @clair.de.lune’s [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] made me love [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], and @EagleEyes’s [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] made me love [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (yes not even joking you made me love my own name :sob:)

…and there are probably some more that are escaping me right now, so expect me to be back in a bit lol.

6 Likes

I don’t remember who named their baby this, but ever since I saw it on the main NB blog, [name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u]! It made me love both of those names, and especially together. There is something about the combo that I just find stunning.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, that’s stunning :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@futuremama’s combo “margot james” which was in her uc a while back made me fall in love with james on a girl!
@Ellory made me discover fiadh with her “fiadh marvel”, and the combo made me adore the name!
@Rosebeth definitely made me like the name vienna more than i already did due to her daughter’s incredible name.
@emeraldsea posted about her combo “floralie moon” on the what would you name a sibling to thread and since then floralie has been in my head, i mean what a stunning combo!
@SimiNova’s “ianthe hero” is absolutely stunning and has definitely helped boost my love for ianthe.
@leafsgirl44 has made me love the idea of mackenzie on a boy solely due to her sons lovely name.

there are so many more people that have made combo’s that helped me love a name, so i will definitely be back at some point to mention them as well. these are just the first few that popped into my head :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Aww thank you! I can’t take credit for that combo though, it’s @minxtruck’s and I fell in love too :joy:

2 Likes

Many months ago, someone suggested [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] on a thread and it made me really love [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]!

(I should already love her in theory based on my top girl favorites, but she’s never really made it to my list.)

2 Likes

I might now remember who introduced me to all of these, so apologies in advance (and if it is yours, feel free to remind me!!):

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] made me like [name_f]Isla[/name_f]! believe this was @namergirl3’s combo

@leafsgirl44’s [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] made me love both of those names

@leafygreens’s [name_f]Amparo[/name_f] [name_f]Olimpia[/name_f] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u]! - made me love [name_f]Amparo[/name_f] :slight_smile:

@emeraldsea has been consider [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and now ‘John Shep’ is in my head and [name_u]John[/name_u] is appealing in that combo!

@seawillow’s [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] has given me a lot of appreciation for [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f]

6 Likes

Oh man :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m really pleased and excited to see this! Thank you for such a sweet compliment.

[name_u]Marvel[/name_u] is actually one of those names for me too, but it wasn’t my sweet [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] that made me feel [name_u]Marvel[/name_u] could work… it was @Ellory’s old [name_f]Fiadh[/name_f] [name_u]Marvel[/name_u]! I mean, beyond stunning! :rainbow:

I’m sure others have caught my eye over the years, but none that come to mind so immediately (and which I can remember the creator of, lol)!

4 Likes

@marigold.solstice That is such an honor!! Seriously what high praise :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you!

A few to mention…
@may.rose’s Todd Bramble has given me new appreciation for both Todd and Bramble! Such a sweet and soft yet strong and outdoorsy combo.
@leafygreens’s Osiris Samuel Reign made me see Reign on a boy in a new light! It’s been on my girls list for a long time but this combo showed me how cool it is as a masculine name as well.
@greyblue’s Mabli Charlotte – Mabli is just perfect in this combo and it really made me appreciate the name.

5 Likes

I’m back to add another – @seawillow’s [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f], which I don’t think is a current combo but it made me love both names :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

oh my goodness, thank you so much @midnight.melody and @snowmaiden! you’re the halves of the whole combo :joy: i’m so glad that i could make you guys fall for fiadh and marvel, respectively.

@EagleEyes you made me love augusta with your lou augusta, and you made me fall for just the name sadie in general.

@new.romantic you’ve made me love so
many names in general, but your phoebe thelma has made me adore thelma!!

i can’t think of many others right now, but i’ll probably be back later!

5 Likes

@snowmaiden’s [name_f]Beulah[/name_f] [name_u]Vision[/name_u] made me fall in love with both [name_f]Beulah[/name_f] and [name_u]Vision[/name_u].
@wishmay’s [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Stargazer made me appreciate [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and Stargazer.
@marigold.solstice’s [name_f]Rilla[/name_f] [name_f]Wildflower[/name_f] has had me in love with [name_f]Wildflower[/name_f] ever since I saw it!
All of @daisymeadows ‘Rafe’ combos have had me rethinking [name_u]Rafe[/name_u].
@readingreverie’s [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] made me love [name_f]Edith[/name_f].

5 Likes

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous too! Your daughter will have a beautiful name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Swoooon! Thank you thank you - I’m glad you’re loving these babies :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears: theodosia, that means so much coming from you!!! thank you. if you ever want to use her or anything, she’s all yours :yellow_heart:

oh this makes me so happy to hear!!! i love rafe and i’m so glad to see him getting more love. :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], thank you!! I’m so glad you love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I can certainly relate to this notion, but I can’t seem to remember exactly which names/combos have caught my attention at the moment. I know that I tend to find much of my new appreciation for names in the Quick [name_u]Poll[/name_u] Thread, though!

1 Like

Awww thank you :heart::heart::heart: it’s nice to know just the thought of my children makes someone happy who’s never even met them.

She is, though :smile: [name_m]Just[/name_m] look at her

3 Likes

Didn’t make me love Lavender, made me love Marie though :yellow_heart: Anya Cosette made me like both!

1 Like