Complaining About Name Hate

I like to scroll through the comments on the names that I have strong feelings for, whether I love them or hate them. What I’ve noticed a lot is that as soon as somebody has an opinion on a name that isn’t positive, people with that name or have children with that name get super defensive. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if it was one out of a million comments that was negative, they act like every person hates their name. This is extremely annoying. People are allowed to have differing opinions. This is especially annoying because the comments my name ([name_f]MacKenna[/name_f]) are overwhelmingly negative. There are some comments that were written to offend people with the name, and rather than taking them seriously, they should be ignored, and the respectfully constructed comments should be respected. Insulting a name is very different than insulting a person. Here is what I mean:

Offensive comment:
This name is the worst name for any person to ever give their child. I’m tired of all these dumb, uneducated teen moms using this name because it’s “cool.” You are extremely ignorant if you even consider liking this name.

Well-constructed comment:
I don’t really like this name. The sound is kind of harsh, and the meaning isn’t great, either.

I’m not talking about the names with mountains of hate and people with the name complaining, I’m talking about the ones that have mostly positive reactions and people still complain about the few negative comments that exist. Does this annoy anybody else? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you feel that people are overly sensitive? All responses are appreciated :).

Well-constructed comments are a lot more helpful, I agree - but sometimes it’s hard to say what you dislike about a name… Sometimes you really just don’t like a name and that’s all you can say lol. I like that you included “The meaning isn’t great either” in your well-constructed comment section. [eg. [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] is one that I can’t see myself using just because of the meaning :frowning: “crooked nose”… yet I’ve known a handful of Camerons and they’ve all been adorable.](Oh and nothing was wrong with their noses! lol)

I have seen a few overly sensitive people on the forums; I guess pregnancy hormones and such don’t help any either lol. [name_f]Imagine[/name_f] being so close to choosing a name then seeing (even just one) comment saying how bad the name is… xD Poor little mum probably didn’t know how to react and came across as super sensitive.

If I’m honest I ignore any negative comments about names I like; and I’m sure others do the same to names I like that they don’t…
They’re names I like. I don’t need everyone else in the world to like them too. :slight_smile:

[ps. You have some lovely name combos, loving [name_f]Alishia[/name_f] [name_u]Payton[/name_u]]