Complicated name search! Suggestions and opinions welcome

I tend to find name picking very stressful because I think it’s so important in a person life to have a good name…I’m driving myself nuts trying to find a good, masculine name that sounds good in french as well as english since most of my family is francophone and I speak only french with my daughter and my husband speaks only english! My daughter’s name is [name]Maia[/name] and it’s perfect because there is no change in the sound or pronunciation in both languages.
Anyway, here is a list of names that I like, but would not necessarily use…looking for some more ideas!

[name]Logan[/name]- I like this but it’s much too popular
[name]Kellan[/name]- Not usually a fan of “K” names but this is DH’s pick and I don’t think it’s too bad
[name]Asher[/name]- I think I love the look and meaning of this one more than the actual sound
[name]Leo[/name]- Simple, masculine
[name]Bodhi[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this one but DH is not into it at all and our last name starts with a “B” as well.
[name]Xavier[/name]- ZAY-vier…My brother’s middle name, kind of like it but not sure. And it doesn’t flow well with the mandatory middle name [name]Harold[/name], which DH insists upon.
[name]Jesse[/name]- Not as masculine as I would like, but the only one on my list that would sound the same in french!

[name]TIA[/name]!

Something light and multilingual, like [name]Maia[/name]:

[name]Nico[/name]
[name]Enzo[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Andre[/name]
[name]Antoine[/name] (biased!) :slight_smile:
[name]Corin[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Eric[/name]
[name]Jason[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Michael[/name]
[name]Paul[/name]
[name]Raoul[/name]
[name]Remy[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Brendan[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Conway[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Keegan[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name]

Names I think could work:

[name]Theo[/name] (the one I am likely going with, a relatively popular name in [name]France[/name])
[name]Thomas[/name] or just [name]Tom[/name]

I think [name]Blade[/name]'s suggestions of [name]Louis[/name], [name]Simon[/name], [name]Andre[/name], and [name]Victor[/name] are also great in both languages. I have a special place in my heart for [name]Antoine[/name] as well!

We are also a [name]Franco[/name]/Anglo family. Here are some we considered using, as well as the names of some relatives:

[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Phillip[/name]/[name]Philippe[/name]
[name]Paul[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]/[name]Nicolas[/name]
[name]Olivier[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]

I like the suggestions of [name]Enzo[/name], [name]Simon[/name], [name]Remy[/name], [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Theo[/name].

A name that is familiar to speakers of both languages will most likely have some changes in pronunciation as you go back and forth from French to English. [name]Even[/name] names like [name]Louis[/name], [name]Daniel[/name] and [name]Victor[/name] that are spelled the same are pronounced differently. Is that okay?

If so, then I would suggest
[name]Martin[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]August/name
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Geraint[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Sylvan[/name]
[name]Roland[/name]

Alternatively, if the name doesn’t change pronunciation, it may be because the name only exists in one of the languages ( or a third language) like [name]Bodhi[/name], and the French and English pronunciations happen to coincide. Is that what you are looking for?

If so, then I would suggest
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Rolf[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]

[name]Stellan[/name]? That sounds different to me in French and English, but seems like a good option if he likes [name]Kellan[/name] but you don’t like K-names.

These don’t all sound identical in both languages, but they do ‘feel’ the same to me. Mixed lot of styles!

[name]William[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Loic[/name]
[name]Damien[/name]/[name]Damian[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Julien[/name]/[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Antony[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name] (but not [name]Charles[/name], oddly)
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Frederik[/name]
Emeric
[name]Yannick[/name]
[name]Bruno[/name]
[name]Andre[/name]

I really like [name]Bruno[/name], [name]Felix[/name], or [name]Julian[/name] with [name]Maia[/name] :slight_smile: