Compromise?

So, not prego yet but names have been tossed around. He likes the name abigail and i STRONGLY dislike it. What would you do in that situation?

I think everyone has the right to veto names they absolutely dislike. Ask for a list of 10 names he likes and see if there is any you would consider on that (or vice versa). You might end up with your third or fourth choice, but at least you’re finding names you both like!

Keep looking, you have plenty of time and shouldn’t feel like you have to use a name you hate. Maybe you’d both like a name similar to [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]?

[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Arietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Myra[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Annaliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Faline[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Amabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Chara[/name_f]

If he really loves a name, you should do your best to seriously consider it. If it just doesn’t work, however, it ought to be at least temporarily ‘off the table’ (or on a list of ‘he likes, I don’t’). This works both ways.

Maybe ask him what it is about [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] that appeals to him. Is it the sounds, the ‘image’/aura, history, Biblical roots, nicknames? See if you can find some other names that match those things.

Suggestions:

[name_u]Averil[/name_u]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Johanna[/name_f] / [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebekah[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Melea[/name_f]
[name_f]Judith[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Orla[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Luanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]

Maybe if he really likes it you could use it in the middle and you pick the first? If not [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]/[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] & [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] from above feel similar to [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] for me. If he likes nickname [name_u]Abby[/name_u] you could try Abela, which is sweet and offers nicknames [name_u]Abby[/name_u] & [name_u]Bela[/name_u]. Hopefully you find something you both love!