Concerns with only boy name I like (Due in 10 weeks!) Wells Harrison

Hello! I appreciate you taking the time to help me with my dillema.

Husband and I are Team [name_u]Green[/name_u], and as it turns out, far more particular than I ever expected to be, to the point that I’ve put together only one girl name we loved ( :heartpulse: [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] Simone) okay, perfect, one is all we need.

After much deliberation, we also have one boy name we seem to agree on:
:blue_heart: [name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m].
That being said, I have three concerns.

-Months ago when I posted this name on the NameBerry board someone pointed out it would be three surnames. I never realized [name_m]Wells[/name_m] was a surname, I just liked how it felt both old and new, and had a similar feel to [name_u]William[/name_u], without being on top of the popularity list. [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is the first name of a war hero in my husbands family from WWII, that was passed on from his father, [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]. So it was always used in his family as a first name. [name_u]Will[/name_u] it be incredibly obvious and awkward to technically have three surnames?

-After Googling the name, it turns out there is some TV character with the names reversed, named [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m]. I’ve never heard of it, and assuming it’s nothing I need to be concerned about long-term.

-I’m not sure how to really calculate what names will be trending, but I would rather not have a name too on-trend. To me, [name_m]Wells[/name_m] has a similar feel to [name_u]Brooks[/name_u], and in my area the name [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] is just exploding. From 2019-2020 the name [name_m]Wells[/name_m] went from 625 to 545. Is this a jump indicating a large rise in popularity?

Thanks for listening! If you have any other suggestions on names based off the ones I shared with you, I am very open - the husband is not so helpful with this! :laughing:

2 Likes

[name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is such a handsome name!

Addressing your concerns:

1. It is obvious to me that he would have three surnames, but I don’t really think it makes the name awkward or a big deal
  2. I’ve never heard of the character, personally. Like you said, I doubt it’s anything to be concerned about long time
  3. I do think that [name_m]Wells[/name_m] is going to explode in popularity, honestly. However, if it’s the name, I think it’s generally worth it to still go with it
1 Like

I don’t think you have anything to worry about. [name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is a lovely name, and I don’t think either of those names would be considered “too trendy” anytime soon. To me, surname names are classic enough, and when I meet someone who has one I just assume they are family names, and then not much more of it. If you like the name, you should go for it.

I really like [name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]. Congratulations on your baby :two_hearts:

1. I don’t think the three surnames thing is too much of an issue. Middle names aren’t often used in everyday life, and [name_m]Wells[/name_m] Surname is no more surnamey than many other popular boy names right now: [name_u]Mason[/name_u], [name_u]Parker[/name_u], [name_u]Brooks[/name_u], Sullivan… [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is so well established as a first name by now that it really doesn’t feel like overkill to me.

2. Never heard of [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m], I don’t think this is a big deal.

3. I think [name_m]Wells[/name_m] will continue to climb but I don’t see it becoming Top 10 popular or anything like that. The S ending is really coming into fashion at the moment but it strikes me as more stately and solid than other trends. And I think Wells’ future popularity will be tempered by other S-ending names — like [name_u]Banks[/name_u], [name_m]Woods[/name_m], [name_u]Rhodes[/name_u], [name_m]Ames[/name_m] — rising at the same time.

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s surname is [name_m]Wells[/name_m] and his middle name is [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m] is the name we have picked out for our son should we have one lol

I love it, it’s handsome and timeless. I think [name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] works perfectly

4 Likes

You’re kidding me! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I was so taken aback by the subject line i had to let you know lol

[name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is so handsome!

Addressing your concern over baby having three surnames…Many (maybe most) boy’s names are also surnames. Think [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_u]David[/name_u], [name_u]Murray[/name_u], [name_u]Josey[/name_u], Peter(s). I know people with these names and they are their SURNAME so please use what you love and know that the names you have chosen are not odd, but very handsome!

1 Like

I think [name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is a perfect name! So handsome!

[name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is lovely!!

1. I don’t think it’s a big deal to have three surnamey names -Harrison strikes me as very first namey anyway and it feels meaningful

2. I’ve never heard of the character and your son would be known mostly as [name_m]Wells[/name_m] [surname] and never [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m]

3. [name_m]Wells[/name_m] could gain popularity - but I don’t think it’s going to get super popular or trendy

I can’t tell you how much it means to know you all like the name!

1 Like
  1. I think three surnames is fine. They’re a lot more popular and well used as firsts now, so it doesn’t stand out as strange. Plus I’m assuming his middle won’t be used everyday, so it’s less obvious.

2. I do know the character and did immediately make the connection, but I’m probably in the minority. I doubt it would come up much, unless you spend a lot of time with fans of The [name_m]Flash[/name_m].

3. Not totally clued up on US popularity lists, but I don’t see [name_m]Wells[/name_m] becoming all that popular. Surname names in general, definitely, but not [name_m]Wells[/name_m] specifically.

All in all, [name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is 100% usable and I say go for it!

Wells Harrison is STUNNING

I didnt made the association of the three surnames until you pointed it out and with so many popular surname names I dont think it is a BIG deal

I think Wells Will become more popular but nothing wayyyy to popular and wont reach the tops

I have never heard about the Harrison Wells so I also dont consider that a huge problem

If you want an alternative maybe Wes Harrison or Brooks Harrison
But honestly I think Wells Harrison is perfect the way it is

Thank you, thank you! This is so helpful!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] and I would go with it if it’s your favourite. Another option might be using [name_m]Harris[/name_m] as a first name. [name_m]Harris[/name_m] [name_u]William[/name_u] or [name_m]Harris[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m] are nice.

1 Like

Very handsome!!

1. It doesn’t seem too strange to me seeing as so many surnames are used as firsts anyways.

2. I’ve never heard of the character.

3. This is the only place I’d personally be concerned seeing as I prefer a name that stands out in a crowd. But if you’re not looking for too far out there it may be just the right name (not too popular, not too obscure.)

1 Like

Thank you! That’s exactly the sweet spot I’m looking for.

1 Like

Thank you! :grinning:

I love this name!
None of your concerns seem like a deal breaker imo. Good luck!

1 Like

[name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is beyond handsome :heart: I don’t see any problem with the name being three surnames. Lots of popular names are surnames and people are ok with that. Plus, [name_m]Wells[/name_m] doesn’t sound too surname-y.

I think [name_m]Wells[/name_m] fits with the new trends, but it won’t be that popular. Not a top 10 or a top 20.