Concerns with only boy name I like (Due in 10 weeks!) Wells Harrison

Thank you! I’m falling in love with it.

I think you’re fine. If it is the name, why worry about what people think? [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] and [name_m]Wells[/name_m] have been used as both first/middle name and surname for a long time. [name_u]Will[/name_u] you be saying his full name every time you speak to him?

Another POV… many people have 3 first names as their full name as their last name is commonly used as a first/middle name. Who cares if it’s 3 first/middle names or 3 last names, the point is you both love it and that is what counts most.

Very true. Someone pointed it out and since then it’s something I’ve been conscious of. They made some rude comment about it sounding like a law firm. Which I suppose I can’t be upset about after asking for an opinion - but that’s where the question originated from.

1 Like

I personally love surnames as first and middle names. It feels formal and elegant in most cases! [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name choice, mama!

1 Like
  1. [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] feels much more like a first name than a surname to me, and I wouldn’t even notice that it’s three surnames. Many names, especially boys’ names, are surnames - for example, [name_u]Logan[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_u]Calloway[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] would be 100% surname combos, but they still feel completely usable.

2. I have never heard of that character, and chances are the TV show will only become less popular over time. The names being flipped also helps!

3. I definitely think [name_m]Wells[/name_m] will see a rise soon, so if popularity is a major concern for you, I’d avoid it. However, I don’t anticipate seeing a huge leap, and I’ve already seen the growth begin to taper a little bit, so if you’re not too worried about popularity I’d say go for it. 545 is a really lovely, not-too-high rank - it’s what I like to call the sweet spot! Familiar but not overused.

[name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is a stunning name and I wouldn’t change a single thing about it.

1 Like

This just made my night. Thank you!

1 Like

The first thing I thought of was [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m], the character from The [name_m]Flash[/name_m]. We are huge DC/Marvel fans in this household and [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m] is a very well-known character in that circle. He’s a good guy so it’s not a bad connection. Our last name is [name_u]Stark[/name_u] and we always have people associating us with Ironman. I have no issue with it. [name_m]Just[/name_m] so you know, you’ll have comic fans commenting on it.

Yep, that’s the character. I suppose as long as it’s not a bad connotation and the names are reversed, I don’t mind explaining it to anyone that would ask while the show exists. Thank you for the input!

1 Like

Surnames as first names are basically taking over and many, many names can now be first names or surnames interchangeably. So I honestly wouldn’t worry about it. I think [name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is beautifully handsome :heart_eyes:

I’ve never heard of the TV character. Is the show popular? If its a show everyone knows then it could be an issue but if not, I wouldn’t worry. Especially not many kids in school will know his middle name and if the character is called by his first name this will literally never be thought about.

[name_m]Wells[/name_m] and [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] feel completely different to me and I dont think of either as a popular name really. At least not where I live. I understand you’re saying [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] is popular where you live. Here popular names are either really trendy like [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] or vintage comeback names like [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]. I dont think [name_m]Wells[/name_m] fits into either of those, so I think you are good! I have heard [name_u]Banks[/name_u] more and more but for girls. Its hard to understand what will become popular so I wouldn’t worry about what you can’t control!

[name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] (Surname) does sound a bit like a law firm :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but really its fine! I don’t think [name_m]Wells[/name_m] is trending towards being too popular.

I think each of your points is valid and MAY be brought up at some point. So I think if anything you just have to decide how much each of those points bothers you and if any of those lead to being a deal breaker.

FWIW:your first concern was.a once you see it you can’t unsee it for me. I didn’t see it until you pointed it out. Also I have no idea who that character is.

UPDATE: I made a mistake and posted this in some ruthless Facebook “name shark tank” group and within 3 minutes people were tearing my name apart. Why did I post it, and why did I think it was smart to do 10 days before induction? Would you guys be honest with me if it was bad? :worried:

3 Likes

Yikes! Sounds like a brutal place to venture to….

Was there anything constructive said to you that should cause genuine doubts about the name or just mean bashing? Also could you get a sense for what kind of names did pass their standards- if they only like the Amy’s and Michael’s then [name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] was destined to be demised in such a place.

Sorry for that experience. As best you can I’d tried to let it go as a singular experience. I’m not sure [name_m]Wells[/name_m] is my style but I do like [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] personally. Again, unless anyone in there said anything that should cause genuine concern I’d just let it go abd keep with what you love :blue_heart:

I think it’s literally the perfect name !! I love it soo much

I’m so sorry you’ve had that experience!! And of course we would! All of us here only want the best for all the other members, so of course we would say if there was something seriously wrong with it, because it would only help you in the end! :blush: Definitely don’t listen to some name trashers in a name trasher Facebook group. It seems to me like you really love this name, and that is all that matters! And besides that, Wells Harrison is one of the coolest names I’ve ever heard! I would be proud to wear it any day of the week, were I a boy :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there,

[name_m]Just[/name_m] to start, congrats! And I love both [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] and [name_m]Wells[/name_m], I think they’re wonderful names.

1. I don’t think the three surname thing is a problem. It didn’t even occur to me until you said because [name_m]Wells[/name_m] and [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] are often used as first names. Not an issue, imo :slightly_smiling_face:

2. I’ve never heard of this either, just googled it, I wouldn’t worry about it.

3. Yes, [name_m]Wells[/name_m] could become popular. But to be honest, so could any name. You just don’t know. I think it’s a wonderful, unexpected name, both gentle & strong. I know only one little boy named [name_m]Wells[/name_m] and it really suits him :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_f]My[/name_f] two cents are: if you love it, go for it.

I think people on here are honest but are more likely to share if they are super positive :joy: Did the bashers raise any legitimate issues for you or was it all just mean opinions?

1 Like

I second this! People are always ready to share either extreme opinion but here it leans heavily positive, which can be good and bad. I will say though when someone here doesn’t like a name they are at least nice/constructive. Which brings us to the biggest point mentioned here…did they have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to offer? Because if it was bashing for the sake of it i would consider the source and take it with a grain of salt.

Again, this name is wonderful!

1 Like

No, no. Nothing constructive at all. I think I ended up on, essentially, a roast page. One comment was that it sounded like I was going to be raising “middle corporate management”.

I’ve pretty much just let it go. But it definitely frazzled me in the moment.

Thank you!

No legitimate, constructive issues, but kind of just making fun of the name, or one word “No.” answers. I found that odd, I honestly put the name [name_m]Wells[/name_m] in the same sort of playing field as [name_u]William[/name_u]. Not that it’s a classic name, but it has a classic feel to it. I thought.