Confident with boys, struggling with girls! Help!

Question!

What name could you see being used as a sister for siblings [name]Rigby[/name] ([name]Rig[/name]), [name]Miller[/name] ([name]Mills[/name]), [name]Wren[/name] ([name]Birdie[/name]), and [name]Eloise[/name] ([name]Lola[/name])?

Our boys list is pretty strong, and confident should we ever have another son that his name would be on that list. However, should we ever have another daughter, our list is all over the place! As you may remember by my pregnancy with [name]Birdie[/name] & [name]Lola[/name], girls names are so tough for me - too many options/directions to head I suppose!

So far, our list looks something like this (and in no particular order)
[name]Zara[/name] nn Zippy
[name]Hollis[/name] nn [name]Holly[/name] or Lissy
[name]Blythe[/name] nn [name]Bee[/name]
[name]Maple[/name] nn [name]Mae[/name] (or [name]Mamie[/name]? or [name]Mimi[/name]?)
[name]Maude[/name] nn [name]Mo[/name]
[name]Marlowe[/name] nn [name]Marley[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] nn [name]Missy[/name]
______ nn [name]Tilly[/name] (not too fond of [name]Matilda[/name] but she could grow on me, [name]Ottilie[/name]?, just [name]Tilly[/name]?)

… but we really aren’t hung up on any of these options. Would love your opinions and suggestions!

[name]Just[/name] as a reminder, we strive to find a name that has great meaning to us (whether it ties to family, or other special significance) and has a killer nickname!

(for your consideration our boys list has [name]Whistler[/name], [name]Everett[/name], [name]Bowen[/name], [name]Cabot[/name], [name]Callum[/name], [name]North[/name], [name]Hollis[/name], and Wilde® on it)

Have at it!

xo [name]Viv[/name]

I love your childrens names! From your boys list, I absolutely [name]ADORE[/name] [name]Whistler[/name] and [name]Wilder[/name] (I know one of each, [name]Whistler[/name] [name]Mozart[/name] – cheesy but love his first name, and [name]Wilder[/name] [name]Hawthorne[/name] – a little cheesy but still love the whole name) and [name]Bowen[/name]!

I really like [name]Zara[/name], [name]Blythe[/name] and [name]Tilly[/name] with you others :slight_smile: Why not use [name]Tilda[/name] as a way to get [name]Tilly[/name] (like actress [name]Tilda[/name] Swenton?) I love it! you might also use:

Atilia
Estila
Tilina

you might also like:

[name]Jade[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Xanthe[/name] – zan-thee
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Odette[/name]
[name]Asha[/name]
[name]Oona[/name]/[name]Una[/name]

Thanks Dantea! [name]Glad[/name] to hear positive feedback on [name]Whistler[/name]. [name]Douglas[/name] and I seriously love that name. If we ever have a third son, [name]Whistler[/name] nn [name]Whit[/name] is our top choice at the moment!

I’m not a fan of [name]Tilda[/name] unfortunately, I think i rather [name]Matilda[/name] if I were to go that route. As for your other suggestions i love, love, love love love love [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Willa[/name]! She has been on our list since our first pregnancy, but then we chose to use [name]Miller[/name] (maiden name) for our second son which kinda makes it hard to use [name]Willa[/name] as well. [name]Miller[/name] & [name]Willa[/name] are far to similar i believe. Though, your suggestion of [name]Willow[/name] might be a way to avoid those similarities. hmmm. [name]Miller[/name] & [name]Willow[/name]. I don’t mind that as much actually. I will have to ask [name]Doug[/name] what he thinks.

I also think [name]Vera[/name] is a very sweet name. We considered [name]Nova[/name] + [name]Veda[/name] for our twin pregnancy which i feel fall in the same category. I wish i could love [name]Odette[/name] since I find her the epitome of beauty and class, but I just can’t get past the “Odd” beginning.

Appreciate your help!

xo [name]Viv[/name]

I like [name]Mabel[/name] and [name]Maple[/name] from your list. [name]Hollis[/name] is cool too but I like it more for a boy.

[name]Laurel[/name] NN [name]Lolly[/name]
[name]Octavia[/name] NN [name]Tavi[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name] NN [name]Dolly[/name]
[name]Zinnia[/name] NN [name]Zizi[/name]
[name]Agatha[/name] NN [name]Aggie[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] NN [name]Cece[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] NN [name]Winnie[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] NN [name]Flo[/name]

I’m glad you like so many of my suggestions. I personally don’t think [name]Willow[/name] and [name]Miller[/name] are too similar, especially with all the other kids around too. It’d be different if it were just the 2 of them. I love [name]Odette[/name] too, but I don’t see Odd as I pronounce it OH-det… not odd-et :slight_smile:

[name]Mabel[/name] is my favorite!

Okay so, [name]Douglas[/name] isn’t too thrilled with [name]Willow[/name]. Bummer. He much rathers [name]Willa[/name] to [name]Willow[/name], so unfortunately I don’t think she is a winner.

emelis: I agree! I think I prefer [name]Hollis[/name] for a boy. [name]Winter[/name] nn [name]Winnie[/name] is awesome, but not 100% in love. I think I would rather [name]Winter[/name] in the middle spot. I might be able to be talked into her though. And [name]Laurel[/name] nn [name]Lolly[/name] is killer! [name]Love[/name] that thinking! I unfortunately can’t get past how similar [name]Laurel[/name] is to the dated [name]Laura[/name] though. Plus [name]Lolly[/name] is a tad to close to our [name]Lola[/name] ([name]Eloise[/name]).

Other suggestions completely welcome + wanted!

xo [name]Viv[/name]

I really like [name]Blythe[/name] with the nn [name]Bee[/name], too cute!