Conflicted

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter was born a few days ago and we decided on the name [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I am now having a change of heart and want to change it to [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. The reason I didn’t choose [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] was because I don’t like the nickname [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. I am concerned that [name_f]Willa[/name_f] doesn’t sound good with our last name (Helfer). Any thoughts?

1 Like

i do think [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] sounds better with Helfer than [name_f]Willa[/name_f]

if you think [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is the right name, i say go for it. for now, you can avoid the nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] (maybe you could use [name_f]Elle[/name_f], Liss, or Louise?), but she could want to use [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] once she’s older. however, i think once your child starts going by a nickname, it grows on you a lot. since at that point, the name is attached to them. so i don’t think you should stress over it

If you think she’s a [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], rather than a [name_f]Willa[/name_f], then go for it.

I watch a YouTuber and her daughter is [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and they don’t have a nickname for her.

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] is lovely, but I’m sure youll choose what’s right for you and your little one

Congratulations! [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is a beautiful name. Of course [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is pretty as well. I agree that [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] sounds better with your last name. I think it’s best to go with the full name that you love, since she may never go by [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] anyway.

I prefer [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] but I do agree that [name_f]Willa[/name_f] doesn’t flow as nicely as [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] with your surname. If it helps, my daughter is [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and we never call her [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], just [name_f]Elle[/name_f].

Eloise Claire is delightful, as is Willa Rose! I’d say go with your heart. You absolutely don’t have to call you it daughter Ellie if you don’t like it! Her pet name could be El, Ella, Louie, Elsa … or she could be strictly Eloise! Go with your gut—I’m certain it will end up all right!

I actually prefer [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] to [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and think it flows a tad better. I’d take a few days before settling either way.

You have six weeks to change it - give it another fortnight and if your heart still doesn’t have peace about it change it.

Congratulations!
Both of the names are absolutely darling.
I do recommend choosing whatever feels right for you but like the others have said, give it a few days. You have every right to take your time with an important decision like this.

Personally, I prefer [name_f]Willa[/name_f], it’s such a sweet yet elegant name. I don’t have any issues with [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and your last name. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is lovely but for me it’s too connected to [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] at the Plaza and I’m not a fan of how unpleasant and spoiled she is. It’s still a great name and that’s just my personal association.

Whatever you choose, it will make a gorgeous name for your beautiful baby :heart:

I’d say change it if you aren’t feeling [name_f]Willa[/name_f] - esepcially since she’s only a few days old.
I knew an [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] who never got caller [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] if that helps