Considering middle name Grey/Gray. Are there any other variations?

We are considering the middle name Grey/Gray for a girl to honour a family member. However, the mn being one syllable is a bit problematic with the first names we are looking at. Anyone have any suggestions for two syllable or slightly longer names with Grey/Gray in them? [name_u]Or[/name_u] names that have the meaning Grey/Gray? [name_u]Or[/name_u] inspired by Grey/Gray? I know … it’s a longshot.

Greyson/Greyson as a middle for a girl doesn’t seem totally unreasonable to me - especially when names like Madison exist and are popular!

Although, I prefer this idea: if you’re open to it, you could make the name flow better by adding a second middle. Otherwise,

For example, if the first name you had in mind was Belle, you could do something like…

Belle Elizabeth Grey

rather than just

Belle Grey

Tons of great 2+ syllable middle names out there that would pair nicely with Grey, depending on the first name you had in mind I found these lists that has some nice ones: 2 syllable middles for girls | Nameberry
Long Names - 3+ Syllables! | Nameberry

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] saw that you were also considering names meaning grey/gray:

[name_f]Zelda[/name_f] means “gray fighting maid”
[name_f]Ardesia[/name_f] means “slate gray”
[name_u]Hazen[/name_u] means “black; gray”

1 Like

I have [name_u]Graycen[/name_u] on my list of girls names. It’s like the popular [name_u]Grayson[/name_u] so it’s kind of a gender bend but also reminds me of a more modern twist on the classic [name_f]Grace[/name_f].

1 Like

Grace? Gracelyn?

2 Likes

[name_u]Grayson[/name_u] or [name_u]Graycen[/name_u] might work?

[name_f]Liadan[/name_f] means grey lady?

Greygold

This is such a great idea and one I hadn’t thought of! I’m usually not a fan of two middle names, however, in this circumstance, I can see how it could work and help the honour name flow better.

Thank you so much for this suggestion!!

Ooo! I have always loved the name [name_f]Lia[/name_f], so I do like [name_f]Liadan[/name_f] a lot. [name_m]Just[/name_m] looking up pronunciation … would you say it’s “LEAH-DIN”? [name_u]Or[/name_u] “LEE-A-DIN”?

1 Like

Lee-uh-din is how I’d pronounce it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thoughts on Greyleigh/Grayleigh? [name_u]Or[/name_u] what about [name_f]Grayce[/name_f]? Are these too made up?