Considering middle name Grey/Gray. Are there any other variations?

We are considering the middle name Grey/Gray for a girl to honour a family member. However, the mn being one syllable is a bit problematic with the first names we are looking at. Anyone have any suggestions for two syllable or slightly longer names with Grey/Gray in them? [name_u]Or[/name_u] names that have the meaning Grey/Gray? [name_u]Or[/name_u] inspired by Grey/Gray? I know … it’s a longshot.

Greyson/Greyson as a middle for a girl doesn’t seem totally unreasonable to me - especially when names like [name_u]Madison[/name_u] exist and are popular!

Although, I prefer this idea: if you’re open to it, you could make the name flow better by adding a second middle. Otherwise,

For example, if the first name you had in mind was [name_f]Belle[/name_f], you could do something like…

[name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]

rather than just

[name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]

Tons of great 2+ syllable middle names out there that would pair nicely with [name_u]Grey[/name_u], depending on the first name you had in mind I found these lists that has some nice ones: 47 2 syllable middles for girls | Nameberry
115 Long Names - 3+ Syllables! | Nameberry

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] saw that you were also considering names meaning grey/gray:

[name_f]Zelda[/name_f] means “gray fighting maid”
[name_f]Ardesia[/name_f] means “slate gray”
[name_u]Hazen[/name_u] means “black; gray”

1 Like

I have [name_u]Graycen[/name_u] on my list of girls names. It’s like the popular [name_u]Grayson[/name_u] so it’s kind of a gender bend but also reminds me of a more modern twist on the classic [name_f]Grace[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Grace[/name_f]? [name_f]Gracelyn[/name_f]?

2 Likes

[name_u]Grayson[/name_u] or [name_u]Graycen[/name_u] might work?

[name_f]Liadan[/name_f] means grey lady?

Greygold

This is such a great idea and one I hadn’t thought of! I’m usually not a fan of two middle names, however, in this circumstance, I can see how it could work and help the honour name flow better.

Thank you so much for this suggestion!!

Ooo! I have always loved the name [name_f]Lia[/name_f], so I do like [name_f]Liadan[/name_f] a lot. [name_m]Just[/name_m] looking up pronunciation … would you say it’s “LEAH-DIN”? [name_u]Or[/name_u] “LEE-A-DIN”?

1 Like

Lee-uh-din is how I’d pronounce it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thoughts on Greyleigh/Grayleigh? [name_u]Or[/name_u] what about [name_f]Grayce[/name_f]? Are these too made up?