Considering NATE

My husband’s name is [name]James[/name], but I don’t want to do a junior (will use it as middle name, though)…

I am really liking [name]NATE[/name], but I don’t love [name]Nathan[/name] or [name]Nathaniel[/name]…

What do you all think of [name]Nate[/name] [name]James[/name]? I think it sounds incomplete??? What about [name]Nate[/name] [name]Jameson[/name]? Open to other suggestions, too…please help!

We have a daughter named [name]Ashlyn[/name] [name]Rae[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]! I completely understand your dilemna.

I love the nn [name]Nate[/name] too! [name]Love[/name] [name]Nate[/name], but don’t really like [name]Nathan[/name] or [name]Nathaniel[/name].

For what its worth, I think [name]Nate[/name] on its own is perfectly acceptable. I am a [name]Kate[/name], no [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Kathy[/name], [name]Katelin[/name], etc, just [name]Kate[/name] and have always liked being just [name]Kate[/name].

Since your husband is [name]James[/name], I love the idea of using [name]Jameson[/name].

I really like the flow of [name]Nate[/name] [name]Jameson[/name]. Or [name]Nathan[/name] [name]James[/name]. [name]Both[/name] of those to me flow really well, but I think [name]Nate[/name] [name]Jameson[/name], fits you better.

Other alternatives to getting [name]Nate[/name] without [name]Nathan[/name] or [name]Nathaniel[/name]:
(bit of a stretch)
Arnate/[name]Arnett[/name]
[name]Natale[/name]
[name]Natalino[/name]

Sorry, thats the best I could do for alternatives. :frowning:

I understand that you dont care for the full names [name]Nathan[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name], but if you really want to call your son [name]Nate[/name] I would suggest using a full name. [name]Nate[/name] sounds incomplete and unproper. He will spend his whole life saying “No, not [name]Nathan[/name], just [name]Nate[/name].” Also I think a name like [name]Nathaniel[/name] or [name]Nathan[/name] sounds better on a job application than [name]Nate[/name]. [name]Nate[/name] is a great name for a child, [name]Nathaniel[/name] is something he can grow into.

[name]Nate[/name] could also be a nn for [name]Ignatius[/name], if that’s more your style.
[name]Ignatius[/name] [name]James[/name] would be a very cool name.

In a weird way, I kind of like the [name]Ignatius[/name] suggestion (of course, I also think [name]Iggy[/name] would be kind of cute for a nn). I don’t think [name]Nate[/name] would be a bad choice on its own, and I really like the name [name]Nate[/name]. My personal preference would be for a more formal version. I like [name]Nathan[/name] more than [name]Nathaniel[/name]. [name]Nathaniel[/name] is a bit too trendy right now, while [name]Nathan[/name] sounds too solid and classic to ever have that problem. Really though, I don’t think you can go wrong. All choices - including the stand-alone “[name]Nate[/name]” - are winners.

[name]Ignatius[/name] [name]James[/name] nn [name]Nate[/name]

PS [name]Just[/name] realised someone else had suggested it.

Thank you so much for the input…it’s always nice to have others to bounce ideas off of. I’m leaning toward [name]Nate[/name] [name]Jameson[/name]…for now! LOL… You were a big help!

I’m in the same boat. I’m loving [name]NATE[/name], but not [name]Nathan[/name] or [name]Nataniel[/name] so much. My husband won’t let me just do [name]Nate[/name], and I agree it does sound incomplete. So I think I’ll go for [name]Nathan[/name] and just call him [name]Nate[/name].

My husband’s name is [name]Nathanael[/name], which is Biblical. I love this spelling, but do not care for “[name]Nathaniel[/name]”. Maybe a different spelling helps?